Which Player did you 'Discover'?

DiscoStu94

With all these threads about who will have the most potential, I thought it'd be nice to hear who you discovered yourself, without the help of other members.

Here are mine, which I posted in other threads more than a year ago:

Name: Jeremy Menez

Club: AS Monaco

Value: £4.2mill

Work permit not needed

Name: Leonardo Ponzio

Club: River

Value: £2.2Mill

Position: DM,MRC

Work Permit: Not needed (Part Italian)

Name: Pablo Piatti

Club: Estudiantes (LP)

Value: Can be around £65-80k

Position: AMC

Work Permit: Not needed (Part Italian)

Patch doesn't matter btw.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chygrynskyi, Musacchio, Sebastian Blanco, Munari, Pisculichi, Rafael Carioca and Vidal all of these performed brilliantly for my teams. All these were in my teams before I saw them mentioned on the forums, thats the good thing about FM in general there are loads of players so everyone surely signs somebody without the help of other members.

Sebastian Viera - Goalkeeper

Nacer Barazite - Midfielder (I actually bought him the first day I got the game thinking he could be backup, but after two seasons he was on fire)

And most of the players I buy who are unknown. Mind, I just posted in the Newcastle thread for good players to improve my team, so I guess most of the players won't be with that threads help.

One I discovered tonight actually...after a whole year I found a brand new player. I'm sure this is due to random stats though. I did a search and there is a thread about him, but not many posts. Anyway, these stats are freaking ridiculous! I know his physicals are low, but not overly extremely low and I bet he would come to a lower league anyway. Too bad this is an Arsenal save, so I don't need him, but his stats make him like a young Riquelme.

arrietagf2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Searched through my other saves, and he only came up on the one Argentina league save I have and he has completely different stats, but they're still ok and he has a pretty good set PA actually, looks like he could be randomly amazing for low leagues.

Anthony Laffor - he's Liberian (I think) and has a random PA but some good fixed stats and he starts off playing for team in South Africa.

Only found him when I was looking at few of the international results in Africa as the game was processing and saw that he had got a hattrick. I was Crewe in League 1 or the Championship and bought him cheaply. He carried us to the Premier League and then up the table and into Europe. He never stopped getting better until about the age of 30/31 and then when I checked his PA, it was 195! (I don't think he reached it though as his starting CA wasn't great and he starts off aged 24/25)

Pity his PA is random so it's not as if he does well every save, although his initial stats are great for a side in the lower leagues.

One I discovered tonight actually...after a whole year I found a brand new player. I'm sure this is due to random stats though. I did a search and there is a thread about him, but not many posts. Anyway, these stats are freaking ridiculous! I know his physicals are low, but not overly extremely low and I bet he would come to a lower league anyway. Too bad this is an Arsenal save, so I don't need him, but his stats make him like a young Riquelme.

arrietagf2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Searched through my other saves, and he only came up on the one Argentina league save I have and he has completely different stats, but they're still ok and he has a pretty good set PA actually, looks like he could be randomly amazing for low leagues.

He has random stats unfortunately. :( On mine he is no-where near as good as yours.

i discovered mortn gamst pedersen on cm03/04! goin back some time!!

ha- great version was that!

also found clin dempese sometime back!

Anyone remember Stern John from back in the day? Think it was 00/01 or something?! He was amazing! In 2008 my best has to be Georginio Wijnaldum. Starts out as a 16yr old at Feyenoord and develops into a classy mc/amc!

A regen called Neil Milton, released by Chelsea aged 18 and signed by me in the Blue square prem, when he retired we were in the Prem and he had over 350 league goals to his name including a hat-trick in the championship play off final.

Kim Kallstrom and Alexander Farnerud on CM4, Lulinha last year. A young Brazillan striker called Porcellis on 07.

Going back to CM01/02 i signed an Icleandic stiker call Andri Sigborsson, who was a 50 goal a season man for 6/7 years, an actual goal machine.

I also like to think i discorvered Mancini when he was still playing for Athletico Miniero

In a few years i will also be able to say that i discovered Jose Baxter ;)

Archived