Marc Overmars!

yeh hes been back playin a couple of months now. Good to see him bak, although i aint got a clue how he is doin it considerin his whole game is based upon blistering speed. Wouldn't mind takin a risk on him in FM09 tho = )

Well, the reason he signed apparently is that he destroyed the Ajax defence in a testimonial game. Not too shabby.

Go Ahead is one of those clubs that used to play quality football and is now struggling in the dutch first division, now of course they were playing decent football twenty something years ago. Paul Bosvelt was also considering to play for Eagles as well but then he caught an injury while training with eagles, or so I believe.

Managing Eagles will be fun, they signed two strikers who are both two meters tall (Mathias Ranegie from Sweden and Sander Post from Estonia). Overmars played fairly well the first matches but at this point he is not as exciting as his name suggests. Bit sad, but then again the opposition always dedicates their fastest player to mark Overmars.

All in all, Eagles is one of the few real cult clubs in holland.

oh and in reply tos ome fo the above posts :

Manninger, Lauren, Cygan, Campbell, Silvinho, pires, overmars, vieira, van bronckhorst henry, wiltord,

subs : lehmann, stepanovs ; ) , kanu, ljungberg, flamini

you could prob get a good backroom team in place with the likes of adams and bould

I love it when I hear about the players I grew up watching still playing lol like every now and then Cantona pops up. guess overmars is pretty much the last standing of that Dutch era huh? Kluivert, the de Boers, Davids, Seedorf & Bergkamp. guess you could count van der Sar too though.

oh and to counter all this arsenal talk, with some sneaky db editing for a few from 'non-player' to 'player' (but sticking to players who should be in the db) a united eleven for the nostalgia... :p

Raimond van der Gouw, Phil Neville, Mikael Silvestre, Henning Berg, Jaap Stam, David Beckham, Keiran Richardson, Nicky Butt, Roy Keane (almost put Juan Veron instead of richardson, then remembered how absolutely crap he was for us lol), Ruuuuuuuuuuuuud van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I love it when I hear about the players I grew up watching still playing lol like every now and then Cantona pops up. guess overmars is pretty much the last standing of that Dutch era huh? Kluivert, the de Boers, Davids, Seedorf & Bergkamp. guess you could count van der Sar too though.

oh and to counter all this arsenal talk, with some sneaky db editing for a few from 'non-player' to 'player' (but sticking to players who should be in the db) a united eleven for the nostalgia... :p

Raimond van der Gouw, Phil Neville, Mikael Silvestre, Henning Berg, Jaap Stam, David Beckham, Keiran Richardson, Nicky Butt, Roy Keane (almost put Juan Veron instead of richardson, then remembered how absolutely crap he was for us lol), Ruuuuuuuuuuuuud van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Take out Silvestre as he's now at arsenal and replace with Ronny Johnson

And get rid of Richardson and replace with Jesper Blomqvist, shirley?

Take out Silvestre as he's now at arsenal and replace with Ronny Johnson

Didn't realise he was still playing... yeah I'll take that. couldn't choose between blomqvist and kanchelskis so i went for Richardson... let face it they were good when they played but they didn't stay long enough... wasn't blomqvist always injured?

Go Ahead is one of those clubs that used to play quality football and is now struggling in the dutch first division, now of course they were playing decent football twenty something years ago. Paul Bosvelt was also considering to play for Eagles as well but then he caught an injury while training with eagles, or so I believe.

Managing Eagles will be fun, they signed two strikers who are both two meters tall (Mathias Ranegie from Sweden and Sander Post from Estonia). Overmars played fairly well the first matches but at this point he is not as exciting as his name suggests. Bit sad, but then again the opposition always dedicates their fastest player to mark Overmars.

All in all, Eagles is one of the few real cult clubs in holland.

can just imagine the commentary "and post hits the post";):p:D

Best Arsenal Team (From players managed by Wenger):

Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Keown, Dixon, Pires, Overmas, Viera, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Henry

Sub: Lehman, Campbell, Cole, Petit, Llungberg, Wright, Anelka

It would be great if future FM could incorporate fantasy players such as these great players of the past.

Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Keown, Dixon, Pires, Overmas, Viera, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Henry

Keown ahead of Campbell :eek:

Winterburn ahead of Cole :eek:

I see some bitterness shining through in that post :p

It would be great if future FM could incorporate fantasy players such as these great players of the past.

Unbelievable. How does Ljungberg get on the bench? Seriously, and I ask this as an Arsenal fan, what the hell did he ever do apart from play well in 10 games at the end of the 2001/02 season?

I agree with Winterburn ahead of Cole - Cole is a right so and so. Winterburn had a far better effect on the club than the venomous Ashley Cole. It's very tough between Sol Campbell and Keown, really is. On one hand, Keown was more consistent and could actually pass the ball, whereas Campbell was a far better tackler.

Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Keown/Campbell, Dixon, Overmars, Fabregas, Vieira, Pires, Henry and Bergkamp for me, so the above poster has it spot on IMO.

Subs; Lehmann, Clichy, Toure, Keown/Campbell, Petit, Parlour (say what you like about Ray Parlour but he's versatile, consistent and a generally very good player - that and also I can't think of any other very good right-sided players under Wenger) and Wright.

Guest ajdavies

any team in the world with fabregas and a 1998 overmars would cut everyone else to ribbons. Even if the other 9 players were all igor stephanovs

Archived