+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 51 of 51

Thread: Marc Overmars!

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th August 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    430

    Default Marc Overmars!

    Did anyone know marc overmars is back and playing for go ahead eagles?!
    hopefully be in the game that would be a good challenge for people.

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th September 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    i'm from holland so yeah i know

  3. #3
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th November 2006
    Location
    Fulham Researcher
    Posts
    8,633

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    yeh hes been back playin a couple of months now. Good to see him bak, although i aint got a clue how he is doin it considerin his whole game is based upon blistering speed. Wouldn't mind takin a risk on him in FM09 tho = )

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th August 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    i know what you mean. im from england but will probably play a dutch game for first time be a challenge getting them up

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th October 2008
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by tottenham2k7 View Post
    i know what you mean. im from england but will probably play a dutch game for first time be a challenge getting them up

    i think winning a game with spurs is more than a challange

  6. #6
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    20th September 2007
    Location
    Consett
    Posts
    1,820

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    I never knew this . He was an awesome player in his Arsenal days

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd August 2008
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    I think I will manage Arsenal in FM09 and buy Overmars back

  8. #8
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    20th September 2007
    Location
    Consett
    Posts
    1,820

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Manage Arsenal and sign :

    Lehmann , Lauren , A.Cole , Campbell , Cygan , Wiltord , Overmars , Gilberto , Flamini , Henry , Kanu.


  9. #9
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    7th March 2006
    Location
    UK, England, Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    2,495

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    manage liverpool and sign. grobbelar,, Beglin, Lawrenson, Hansen, Gillespie. Molby. Mcmahon, JOhnston, Walsh. Rush and Dalglish

  10. #10
    Reserves
    Join Date
    2nd April 2007
    Posts
    10,380

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by smithers08 View Post
    Manage Arsenal and sign :

    Lehmann , Lauren , A.Cole , Campbell , Cygan , Wiltord , Overmars , Gilberto , Flamini , Henry , Kanu.

    Forget Flamini and you have yourself a deal

  11. #11
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    20th September 2007
    Location
    Consett
    Posts
    1,820

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Waynoe/'o ,i dont know if you are aware , but all them players are retired . Unlikely.

  12. #12
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    12th April 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,481

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu94 View Post
    Forget Flamini and you have yourself a deal
    Forget Cole too. Bring back Silvinhio!

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th September 2008
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Ooooooh, He was my one of my fave players at Arsenal when he was there! Might have to check him out on FM09

  14. #14
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by elgreenio View Post
    yeh hes been back playin a couple of months now. Good to see him bak, although i aint got a clue how he is doin it considerin his whole game is based upon blistering speed. Wouldn't mind takin a risk on him in FM09 tho = )
    Well, the reason he signed apparently is that he destroyed the Ajax defence in a testimonial game. Not too shabby.

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th August 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    harsh comments about managing spurs
    yeah ill be playing as go ahead for two reasons, the name and overmars

  16. #16
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th January 2003
    Location
    Beyond the fine blue sky, above your cloudy heads
    Posts
    259

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Go Ahead is one of those clubs that used to play quality football and is now struggling in the dutch first division, now of course they were playing decent football twenty something years ago. Paul Bosvelt was also considering to play for Eagles as well but then he caught an injury while training with eagles, or so I believe.

    Managing Eagles will be fun, they signed two strikers who are both two meters tall (Mathias Ranegie from Sweden and Sander Post from Estonia). Overmars played fairly well the first matches but at this point he is not as exciting as his name suggests. Bit sad, but then again the opposition always dedicates their fastest player to mark Overmars.

    All in all, Eagles is one of the few real cult clubs in holland.

  17. #17
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,769

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne\'o View Post
    manage liverpool and sign. grobbelar,, Beglin, Lawrenson, Hansen, Gillespie. Molby. Mcmahon, JOhnston, Walsh. Rush and Dalglish
    i cant believe you never mentiond a legend. one we know as GOD.

    robbie fowler too!

  18. #18
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    12th January 2008
    Location
    Yaya Sanogo is now 227 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal
    Posts
    17,817

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    i'm sure that one of our youngsters went on loan to Go Ahead last season, Barazite or van den Berg wasn't it?

  19. #19
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    7th March 2006
    Location
    UK, England, Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    2,495

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by smithers08 View Post
    Waynoe/'o ,i dont know if you are aware , but all them players are retired . Unlikely.


    oh im trapped in a time zone

  20. #20
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    24th June 2007
    Location
    Southampton- Bolton Deep Down!
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    sweeet!
    i thinkhe's a legend- doubt i will buy him though!

  21. #21
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    1,143

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanstuff View Post
    Well, the reason he signed apparently is that he destroyed the Ajax defence in a testimonial game. Not too shabby.
    I dunno. Have you seen the Ajax defence recently?!

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th June 2007
    Location
    If only there was an exam on obscure footballers.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by r0x0r View Post
    Forget Cole too. Bring back Silvinhio!
    Forget Sylvinho

    bring back Gio V.Bronckhaust

  23. #23
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th November 2006
    Location
    Fulham Researcher
    Posts
    8,633

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    was van den berg, only played 3 or 4 games tho. He aint exactly one of the best in the arsenal youth setup

  24. #24
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    i'm sure that one of our youngsters went on loan to Go Ahead last season, Barazite or van den Berg wasn't it?
    Van den Berg.

  25. #25
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th November 2006
    Location
    Fulham Researcher
    Posts
    8,633

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    and silvinho was a legend, will always remember his wonderstrike 'winterburn-esq' at stamford bridge. Gio never played in CM where he shoulda played tho, otherwise he woulda been bloody brilliant

  26. #26
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th November 2006
    Location
    Fulham Researcher
    Posts
    8,633

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    oh and in reply tos ome fo the above posts :

    Manninger, Lauren, Cygan, Campbell, Silvinho, pires, overmars, vieira, van bronckhorst henry, wiltord,

    subs : lehmann, stepanovs ; ) , kanu, ljungberg, flamini

    you could prob get a good backroom team in place with the likes of adams and bould

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th April 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Yeah Overmars is back, though he isn't doing that good in real life to be honest =/

  28. #28
    First Team
    Join Date
    12th January 2006
    Location
    We Never do anything together anymore.
    Posts
    23,175

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    One of my all time Fave players

    Will definitely buy him for my Gooners team in FM09

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Manage Arsenal and sign :

    Wiltord
    *shudders*

  30. #30
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by elgreenio View Post
    oh and in reply tos ome fo the above posts :

    Lauren, Cygan, van bronckhorst wiltord,

    subs : stepanovs ; ) , kanu, ljungberg
    Wenger's made some fantastic purchases in the past, but the above 7 make me want to cry.

  31. #31
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    31st October 2006
    Location
    York / Guildford
    Posts
    1,065

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    I love it when I hear about the players I grew up watching still playing lol like every now and then Cantona pops up. guess overmars is pretty much the last standing of that Dutch era huh? Kluivert, the de Boers, Davids, Seedorf & Bergkamp. guess you could count van der Sar too though.

    oh and to counter all this arsenal talk, with some sneaky db editing for a few from 'non-player' to 'player' (but sticking to players who should be in the db) a united eleven for the nostalgia...

    Raimond van der Gouw, Phil Neville, Mikael Silvestre, Henning Berg, Jaap Stam, David Beckham, Keiran Richardson, Nicky Butt, Roy Keane (almost put Juan Veron instead of richardson, then remembered how absolutely crap he was for us lol), Ruuuuuuuuuuuuud van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

  32. #32
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2008
    Location
    North Stand @ the Theatre of Dreams watching Football being played how it is meant to be!
    Posts
    622

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez View Post
    I love it when I hear about the players I grew up watching still playing lol like every now and then Cantona pops up. guess overmars is pretty much the last standing of that Dutch era huh? Kluivert, the de Boers, Davids, Seedorf & Bergkamp. guess you could count van der Sar too though.

    oh and to counter all this arsenal talk, with some sneaky db editing for a few from 'non-player' to 'player' (but sticking to players who should be in the db) a united eleven for the nostalgia...

    Raimond van der Gouw, Phil Neville, Mikael Silvestre, Henning Berg, Jaap Stam, David Beckham, Keiran Richardson, Nicky Butt, Roy Keane (almost put Juan Veron instead of richardson, then remembered how absolutely crap he was for us lol), Ruuuuuuuuuuuuud van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    Take out Silvestre as he's now at arsenal and replace with Ronny Johnson

  33. #33
    Moderator
    Join Date
    20th November 2004
    Location
    Crawley Town Researcher (don't judge)
    Posts
    10,151

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez View Post
    I love it when I hear about the players I grew up watching still playing lol like every now and then Cantona pops up. guess overmars is pretty much the last standing of that Dutch era huh? Kluivert, the de Boers, Davids, Seedorf & Bergkamp. guess you could count van der Sar too though.

    oh and to counter all this arsenal talk, with some sneaky db editing for a few from 'non-player' to 'player' (but sticking to players who should be in the db) a united eleven for the nostalgia...

    Raimond van der Gouw, Phil Neville, Mikael Silvestre, Henning Berg, Jaap Stam, David Beckham, Keiran Richardson, Nicky Butt, Roy Keane (almost put Juan Veron instead of richardson, then remembered how absolutely crap he was for us lol), Ruuuuuuuuuuuuud van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    And get rid of Richardson and replace with Jesper Blomqvist, shirley?

  34. #34
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Location
    Hardenhuish Park
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    And get rid of Richardson and replace with Jesper Blomqvist, shirley?
    And don't call me Shirley!

  35. #35
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2008
    Location
    North Stand @ the Theatre of Dreams watching Football being played how it is meant to be!
    Posts
    622

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin\' Hussler View Post
    And don't call me Shirley!
    LOL! don't know why but comments like that really make me laugh! How about replacing Richardson with Kanchelskis

  36. #36
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th September 2008
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    There's so many names here that I've forgotten! I always wander where half of them end up, and there's always someone you think has retired that pops back up again.

  37. #37
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th November 2006
    Location
    Fulham Researcher
    Posts
    8,633

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    two words, anders limpar

  38. #38
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    31st October 2006
    Location
    York / Guildford
    Posts
    1,065

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daley View Post
    Take out Silvestre as he's now at arsenal and replace with Ronny Johnson
    Didn't realise he was still playing... yeah I'll take that. couldn't choose between blomqvist and kanchelskis so i went for Richardson... let face it they were good when they played but they didn't stay long enough... wasn't blomqvist always injured?

  39. #39
    Third Team
    Join Date
    13th September 2008
    Location
    Since 1902!
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Erol View Post
    Go Ahead is one of those clubs that used to play quality football and is now struggling in the dutch first division, now of course they were playing decent football twenty something years ago. Paul Bosvelt was also considering to play for Eagles as well but then he caught an injury while training with eagles, or so I believe.

    Managing Eagles will be fun, they signed two strikers who are both two meters tall (Mathias Ranegie from Sweden and Sander Post from Estonia). Overmars played fairly well the first matches but at this point he is not as exciting as his name suggests. Bit sad, but then again the opposition always dedicates their fastest player to mark Overmars.

    All in all, Eagles is one of the few real cult clubs in holland.
    can just imagine the commentary "and post hits the post"

  40. #40
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th August 2007
    Location
    Lurgan N.Ireland
    Posts
    364

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Didnt even know he was still around great to here that thought hes a great player and im an arsenal fan

  41. #41
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,769

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    oh dear! post hits the beans on toast! the rebounded shot is struck from range by ranegie...

  42. #42
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2004
    Posts
    10

    Smile Re: Marc Overmars!

    Best Arsenal Team (From players managed by Wenger):

    Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Keown, Dixon, Pires, Overmas, Viera, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Henry

    Sub: Lehman, Campbell, Cole, Petit, Llungberg, Wright, Anelka

    It would be great if future FM could incorporate fantasy players such as these great players of the past.

  43. #43
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    31st October 2006
    Location
    York / Guildford
    Posts
    1,065

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    'And as for Martin Keown, we'll scare them with his face......'

  44. #44
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th November 2007
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by kooljay View Post
    Best Arsenal Team (From players managed by Wenger):

    Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Keown, Dixon, Pires, Overmas, Viera, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Henry

    Sub: Lehman, Campbell, Cole, Petit, Llungberg, Wright, Anelka
    Keown ahead of Campbell
    Winterburn ahead of Cole

    I see some bitterness shining through in that post

  45. #45
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2004
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomis07 View Post
    Keown ahead of Campbell
    Winterburn ahead of Cole

    I see some bitterness shining through in that post
    Just the famous Arsenal back 4 if I remember correctly, and of course Keown's scary face...

  46. #46
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th May 2007
    Location
    Chester, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Don't know why, but I love when players from when I was young resurface. May buy him in the demo and see how he copes in the Premier League.

  47. #47
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Quote Originally Posted by kooljay View Post
    Best Arsenal Team (From players managed by Wenger):

    Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Keown, Dixon, Pires, Overmas, Viera, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Henry

    Sub: Lehman, Campbell, Cole, Petit, Llungberg, Wright, Anelka

    It would be great if future FM could incorporate fantasy players such as these great players of the past.
    Unbelievable. How does Ljungberg get on the bench? Seriously, and I ask this as an Arsenal fan, what the hell did he ever do apart from play well in 10 games at the end of the 2001/02 season?

    I agree with Winterburn ahead of Cole - Cole is a right so and so. Winterburn had a far better effect on the club than the venomous Ashley Cole. It's very tough between Sol Campbell and Keown, really is. On one hand, Keown was more consistent and could actually pass the ball, whereas Campbell was a far better tackler.

    Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Keown/Campbell, Dixon, Overmars, Fabregas, Vieira, Pires, Henry and Bergkamp for me, so the above poster has it spot on IMO.

    Subs; Lehmann, Clichy, Toure, Keown/Campbell, Petit, Parlour (say what you like about Ray Parlour but he's versatile, consistent and a generally very good player - that and also I can't think of any other very good right-sided players under Wenger) and Wright.

  48. #48
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Ljungberg was pretty good from when he signed right up to 2003-2004. His scoring record was very impressive for a midfielder and his understanding with Pires seemed telepathic at times. Don't knock him too much.

  49. #49
    ajdavies
    Guest

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    any team in the world with fabregas and a 1998 overmars would cut everyone else to ribbons. Even if the other 9 players were all igor stephanovs

  50. #50
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th April 2003
    Location
    Saltburn
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    As a Boro fan I'll always remember Sylvinho (and Edu) for getting Boro a big win at Highbury!

  51. #51
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd October 2008
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Marc Overmars!

    Overmars will be a good manager i think him and tony adams should take over at arsanal after wenger

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts