Giving very small clubs lots of money problem

Sir_Liam

I'm currently creating a database for an experiment I'm planning in which I'm giving 2 teams from about 9 European countries a very rich owner and £300,000,000 in the bank.

One team from each country is in the lowest playable league and the other is unplayable to begin with.

Anyway I know the limit in cash is £2.2bn so I'm only giving each club £300m, but when I load up the game and add a manager to one of the teams to check their finances they only have about £24m. That's a lot for the level (Norwegian second division for example), but nothing near what I put in in the editor.

Does anyone know why the game does this? Is it because SI deemed it a bit extreme that a 3rd tier side in Norway or Belarus should have £300m?

I'm currently creating a database for an experiment I'm planning in which I'm giving 2 teams from about 9 European countries a very rich owner and £300,000,000 in the bank.

One team from each country is in the lowest playable league and the other is unplayable to begin with.

Anyway I know the limit in cash is £2.2bn so I'm only giving each club £300m, but when I load up the game and add a manager to one of the teams to check their finances they only have about £24m. That's a lot for the level (Norwegian second division for example), but nothing near what I put in in the editor.

Does anyone know why the game does this? Is it because SI deemed it a bit extreme that a 3rd tier side in Norway or Belarus should have £300m?

Hi Sir liam

give me your email address I will send you a DDT,and EDT editor which will make this possible mate.

Or goto Sports interactive, football manager 2008, DB folder and choose your current Database and open up a folder called EDT. then in notepad create a file calle it anything just add .edt at the end.

The line code you need is "BOOST_TEAM" TEAM ID NUMBER 300000000 -1 -1.

you can select show team ID in preferences to get the team I.D, the above line will give your chosen club 300,000,000 which is the figure you wanted in your post.

This works a treat tried it with several teams, any probs send me an email to robmontie@btinternet.com and I will reply giving full instructions.

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sir_Liam:

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived