Saving games from one version to another

In that case it may be worth keeping 2009 for a few years and not buying further upgrades in order to achieve a good mangement record.

as far as I know; there is no upgrade which you can buy (with money). There are official patches which are released free and if you own a original copy of the game you can download the patches from internet and they will work right away.

For technical reasons SI does not support saved game converssion between patches. For the past couple of years; first patch came within 1 month after realease and second one at the end of winter transfer window.

as far as I know; there is no upgrade which you can buy (with money). There are official patches which are released free and if you own a original copy of the game you can download the patches from internet and they will work right away.

I think he meant that he won't be buying another FM for a few years after FM09, not that he will be buying database updates ;)

how would that even make sense with an new verion of the game with an old version file cos of players clubs, kits etc....!!!!

AFAIK it would have little to do with players clubs & kits. It would be hard to change because the game's code chages from year to year, new features added, etc.

i asked about this before. the answer was that each version has it's new features, maybe transfer system or so, and because of that it is impossible.

Yeah I also asked about it... I'm glad that it is asked again because if a lot of people ask it, they might try to add it! We never know!

Archived