Player search filter idea (contract expiry)

Okay, so we all know that there is a contract expiry filter with the search function in FM08, which I usually use every January to see which players I can sign on a free at the end of June. But one thing I find annoying with this filter is that a lot of players that I can't approach to sign for another few months yet are included in the results.

Now I know that this might be useful to a lot of people, as they might want to see whose contract is expiring as early as a year in advance. This is why I'm not suggesting that this type of filtering system should be removed. Instead, I think that it would be more useful if the "contract expiry" option in the search filter should be expanded.

2vnqoa0.jpg

Maybe instead of just an "expiring" option, we could have an "expiring in [insert number here] months" option in future FMs. Or maybe even a filter that only includes players who you can offer a pre-contract immediately. I feel that this would make it much easier to find players available on a free.

Opinions please :)

Some ideas suggested by the other guys in this thread that I also feel would be useful:

1. Filter out retiring players (shobs10)

2. Bring back "unprotected" filter (saddlerscott)

3. Search players by "reputation" (Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover)

Thanks for the extra ideas guys!

Okay, so we all know that there is a contract expiry filter with the search function in FM08, which I usually use every January to see which players I can sign on a free at the end of June. But one thing I find annoying with this filter is that a lot of players that I can't approach to sign for another few months yet are included in the results.

Now I know that this might be useful to a lot of people, as they might want to see whose contract is expiring as early as a year in advance. This is why I'm not suggesting that this type of filtering system should be removed. Instead, I think that it would be more useful if the "contract expiry" option in the search filter should be expanded.

2vnqoa0.jpg

Maybe instead of just an "expiring" option, we could have an "expiring in [insert number here] months" option in future FMs. Or maybe even a filter that only includes players who you can offer a pre-contract immediately. I feel that this would make it much easier to find players available on a free.

yes this is a very good idea an i was thinking this myself just now, so great minds think alike or at least decent minds lol

Yeah hopefully it's included in FM2010, since it's a bit late for 09 :)

Its not really too late considering the game isn't even finished yet and if it was completely finished there is always the two patches that are normally released.

Its not really too late considering the game isn't even finished yet and if it was completely finished there is always the two patches that are normally released.

They don't usually add new features in patches, do they? (even though this would be a very small feature)

An expiring in six months option would still include players who couldn't be approached because some countries don't let players talk to other clubs till their current contract expires.

Read my first post again:

2vnqoa0.jpg

Also, as shobs10 said, maybe a filter for retiring players should be included also.

The suggestion that I underlined would sort out that problem :)

Archived