How Strict Are You?

How strict are you when giving out fines and warnings?

I'm actually quite strict with my players.

A Sending off during a match = Fined 2 weeks wages. I never give a warning or appeal.

Poor Performance = A warning the first time, if it continues again, Fine 1 weeks wages.

I feel like my dicipline has killed morale though as my keeper performed horrible and I gave him a warning. And he dropped right down to Very Poor.

But I have noticed that some players really don't care about losing wages because they end up getting sent off again the day back after suspension.

A Sending off during a match = Fined 2 weeks wages. I never give a warning or appeal.

Poor Performance = A warning the first time, if it continues again, Fine 1 weeks wages.

I feel like my dicipline has killed morale though as my keeper performed horrible and I gave him a warning. And he dropped right down to Very Poor.

But I have noticed that some players really don't care about losing wages because they end up getting sent off again the day back after suspension.

I'm not overly strict, but I do like to keep a firm control over discipline. For the first offence, they get a warning, then, for the next, they will be fined 1 week wages, and them, 2 weeks wages.

The only offence treated differently is violent behaviot, which I would automatically hand out a two week fine, although I am yet to see this in FM08.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

The only offence treated differently is violent behaviot, which I would automatically hand out a two week fine, although I am yet to see this in FM08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky you. My players seem to think that battering the **** out of the opposition is better than scoring a goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not overly strict, but I do like to keep a firm control over discipline. For the first offence, they get a warning, then, for the next, they will be fined 1 week wages, and them, 2 weeks wages.

The only offence treated differently is violent behaviot, which I would automatically hand out a two week fine, although I am yet to see this in FM08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly the same as me!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

I'm not overly strict, but I do like to keep a firm control over discipline. For the first offence, they get a warning, then, for the next, they will be fined 1 week wages, and them, 2 weeks wages.

Pretty much my approach. I also don't tend to be overly aggressive in my team talks, although I vary it with the personality of my team. I tend to jave the same personna in FM that I had when I coached IRL.

I give younger players a warning to begin with. More experienced players get one weeks fine.

Any reoccurence of the offence will see the punishment increased (ie. 1 weeks fine for youngsters and 2 weeks for experienced players).

I warn everything, usually, but I seldom forget who I've warned, and even if the last red card was 5 years ago, I hit a 2-week wage deduction fine.

Squad discipline isn't incredibly essential, but I find that good discipline tends not to end up getting players suspended for important games. Murphy's Law. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

But I have noticed that some players really don't care about losing wages because they end up getting sent off again the day back after suspension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldnt like to work for you!

Imagine this type of discipline in any workplace? You would have no workforce after a while.!

What happens if a player gets sent off for 2

bookings? A 2 week fine !! Would you expect a fine for your first incident of poor peerformance?

You must try and treat the players as employees and have a structured discipline system where unless there is very seerious breach, a warning is issued first, then a written warning, then a fine. Unless you are prepared to put up with poor/bad morale, then you should ignore most offences first time apart from a violent conduct red card. If you do this you will have no morale or discipline problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

But I have noticed that some players really don't care about losing wages because they end up getting sent off again the day back after suspension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if my players have a direct send off, 2 weeks fine. but never do it with 2 yellow cards, I did it the other day and my players raged, despite my discipline is 20 and team is quite used to it.

If they miss trainings, 1 week fine first time, 2 weeks in the future.

If they have poor performances maybe a warning, but I usually don't do that because it's possible that they play bad due to my tactics icon_razz.gif

Some people of you are really little totalitarian dictators icon_smile.gif

No wonder that the team motivation is dropping!

I prefer a more friendly approach, but they don’t have to play with my balls:

• I fine 1 week of salary when they received a ‘4’ or lower in a match

• I fine 1 week of salary when they received a red card for being aggressive and involved in a fight…

• I fine 2 week of salary when they punched the face of another again.

• I warn them for receiving a red card when they committed a professional fault.

• I give them a warning when they received a ‘5’ in a match

• I they are too late for training or do not show up, I warn them. If they do it again, I’ll warn once more. The third time I’ll give them a fine of 1 week.

• When they are performing ill for 3 or 4 matches I inform the media that I’m disappointed with their attitude.

In rare occasions I have a real problem child in my team. If he’s young I’ll be patient and search a mentor for him.

When he’s 24 or older I’ll sell such types, they’ll be a problem child forever.

I rarely have motivation problems in my teams.

I've never fined for a poor performance. Seems a little harsh as I'll just "expect more" in the next game.

However, I do seem to get some perverse kick out of slapping fines out on the overpaid little bastards! Its the only plus when i get someone sent off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by route1:

I normally give a warning first time around. Also depends on the players age. But in FM06 I got warned by the board to stop fining people so much and threatened me with the sack if I kept doing it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd think they would be happy at the amount of money you are saving them in wages icon_wink.gif

i always fine my players for a straight red and it depends on who it is when they get sent off with 2 yellows. a key player i let off with a warning and a weeks fine if they can easy be replaced.

got a young regen miss training due to the fact he was suffering from having a night out on the town!!! he was a hot prospect but i totally blow my top with him. icon_mad.gif 2 weeks fine and transfer listed! OTT maybe but i'm the manager and i demand respect!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I am strict but I do weigh up the other factors that will need to be taken into consideration.

1) If I set the team/individual instructions to target hard tackle a player the player who pickeded up x2 yellow cards gets sent off. Didn't the player just follow my instructions?

So no warning or fine on my part. Just isn't fair in my opinion.

2) Player diving in like a nutter when not instructed to do so, then I must alter tactics accordinlgy to the given situation. Understandbly if they completly ignore my instrcutions still. (Hopefully before the ref, sends them off), they will be substituted. Then, at the end of match team talk they get an earful.

3) Acumilating so many red cards, lets say the always get sent off, it goes something like this warning -> next time fine -> bigger fine. -> Then reservers and or bye, bye the team doesn't need you any more.

4) Violent conduct not seen it yet, will be a fine, not turning up for training automatic fine for them. Plus an earbashing in team talks, "I expect a performance from you!!".

I am more cautious with this as got sacked for handing out fines, some times its best to work up to a fine. Not just fining them for having a bad day at the office. Plus it wont help the team moral either.

Wow - I only fine players after I've warned them for missing training. I've never fined for red cards or anything else like that. And from what I remember, I've never had any discipline problems. I think in my last season I didn't have any reds in league games.

Archived