The progression of you, the manager

This is another thing that has been spoken about a lot, I know. The fact is, when negotiating a contract with a club apart from being able to ask for transfer funds etc the other key thing in real life is wages. This really doesen't matter in the game though, what can you do with the money? A way of making this have a purpose would be interesting, although understandably difficult.

I'm not saying go gimmicky and be able to buy a house and all that other crap, that stuff can stay with Fifa manager. I would suggest the ability to buy stats for your profile but I suppose that is a bit gimmicky itself.

To give the manager more of a long term aim it would be nice to see more stats to build up, like the computer managers have. Also maybe a career earnings table type thing where you can see what managers have earnt the most money. This is just a suggestion and again, I'm trying to think non-gimmicky, but it would add something more long term apart from the hall of fame.

This is an important area of the game that has been a bit overlooked and it would be great to have other ways of really leaving your mark as a manager apart from trophies won.

What about the manager career earnings table, good idea?

I'm not so sure, because most of it would be pretty obvious for a while, unless there was a lot of job changes, The likes of Ferguson & Wenger & Scolari will obviously have the most money because they have the richest chairmen, Hughes may now also fall into that category, so at first it would be to plain and simple.

After a while it might get interesting if their are the odd job changes, then maybe you could get a news bulletin at the end of the season like you do for 'richest clubs', showing who is the richest manager etc, I guess it COULD work out but it might just be to boring for to long.

More manager stats would be good though?

They wouldn't really add anything, Football Manager-related to the game, but a table of highest career earnings or something like that would, I suppose, be all right.

It's nice to have manager achievements in the game, something to aspire to.

Though I'm not at all into the idea of "buying" attributes for your virtual persona.

I believe the current way works best - your manager profile changes gradually over time, according to what sort of manager you actually are.

i would just take out the wage part. negotiate a new contract by all means but we all know how worthless contracts are in football anyway, i would prefer to see a stats screen like other managers so i can compare myself to them.

The higher the wage you take, the better your job security, but the less you have to spend on other wages (players and staff). That's enough for me.

Hold on, the more money you are on the less chance you have of being sacked?

I still feel the best option is the ability to 'Boost up club finances'.

So... lets say you're at Altrincham or something and you make €1500 a month (just an example).

1500 x 12 months = €18000. Then you can transfer the funds back to the club (Bit of charity) and this increases you 'job safety' a little and gives you a bit more spending power.

I do understand if you're managing a big club a make €35000 a month then they're should be another 'trick' or perhaps the board will reject the transfer...

I still feel the best option is the ability to 'Boost up club finances'.

So... lets say you're at Altrincham or something and you make €1500 a month (just an example).

1500 x 12 months = €18000. Then you can transfer the funds back to the club (Bit of charity) and this increases you 'job safety' a little and gives you a bit more spending power.

I do understand if you're managing a big club a make €35000 a month then they're should be another 'trick' or perhaps the board will reject the transfer...

just silly though, because it wouldnt happen, thats not 18,000 sitting in the bank, realistically most of that would be spent. i would give some of my wages back becasue the company i was working for was struggling.

I think it would be a good idea to maybe introduce the coaching badges, maybe you could use the money to train for them ( which could be just buying them or otherwise expanding if there was a scope for it), these level of badges could be reflected by starting reputation, aswell as international footballer you could have all badges or just the first or none. Im not sure how the badges totally work but i feel this could be good idea, what do other people think?

Badges are certainly required in real life so its not unrealistic. I don't know the exact rules, if there are any, what was all that stuff with Glenn Roader? I wonder how much actual baring in will have in the game as you can already manage a top flight club as a complete untrained rookie.

Therefore building up your badges isn't really gonna make you more qualified for the future. I do, however, like the idea of something else personally for the manager to work towards longterm.

just thought of a feature:

i heard that If Ronaldo had beaten Sir Alex's record goals in a season he was to get some money /Harry Redknapp had to pay Yakubu 10 /20 quid out of his pocket if he reached 20 goals a season

Maybe u can bet 1/2 players in ur squad to perform well adn be rewarded by ur personal loss :D can also encourage performances

just thought of a feature:

i heard that If Ronaldo had beaten Sir Alex's record goals in a season he was to get some money /Harry Redknapp had to pay Yakubu 10 /20 quid out of his pocket if he reached 20 goals a season

Maybe u can bet 1/2 players in ur squad to perform well adn be rewarded by ur personal loss :D can also encourage performances

People might see this as a gimmick, but it woulden't really be a bad thing. You could imagine it in the news and in the and manager promises/good relationships.

The wage part should remain a cosmetic aspect of the game - adding in features like adding to a clubs transfer fund or raising awareness or profile for a club are too gimmicky and unrealistic in just the same way buying a house / car / yaught are. They don't happen in real life in a way that is realistically implementable in the game.

Something like an earnings hall of fame would be good as it doesn't interfere with the actual game, but provides a purpose for the managers wages.

The wage part should remain a cosmetic aspect of the game - adding in features like adding to a clubs transfer fund or raising awareness or profile for a club are too gimmicky and unrealistic in just the same way buying a house / car / yaught are. They don't happen in real life in a way that is realistically implementable in the game.

Something like an earnings hall of fame would be good as it doesn't interfere with the actual game, but provides a purpose for the managers wages.

There already is a purpose. Job security.

Sure: just like players and staff, your salary is guaranteed.

Even if the club sack you, they still have to pay you.

Therefore, if you have 4.5 years remaining at 100k p/w, its a lot more expensive to sack you than if you had say 5 months remaining at 50k p/w.

It also makes it harder for other clubs to hire you; the transfer fee that they owe to your current club is directly related to the amount remaining on your contract.

What about the manager career earnings table, good idea?

I quite like the idea, I agree we should be able to do something with the money we earn, not buying houses or struggling clubs or any Fifa inspired ideas but something like this would give some credence to the wages feature IMO anyway :D

And just to add i always accept the lowest wage possible due to the fact it leaves more money in the goffers for my squad, in reality this would not happen.I accept the argument about job security but I don't feel it has that much to do with it TBH.

This is why Spurs won't sack Ramos yet because he is getting paid a cool £5mil a year and still has 3 years to run on his contract. If Spurs do sack Ramos, they will have to pay him £15mil. Its' either that or hope he resigns.

I think the FA sacked Errikson when he had few years left on a 5mil-a-year contract.I believe they carried on paying him untill he got the City job believe it or not :eek:

Although the coaching badges arent required and can manage a top flight club from the start this could be linked into reputation which would make people wary of your lack of experience just like the other reputation feature does. There could also be pressure from the media to get badges for example im sure a while ago there was debate whether Southgate needed his badges or face losing his job.

Also as it stands its impossible to get onto the managerial ladder starting as a sunday league footballer, which yes is quite realistic but makes for poor game play when you cant get a job but want to start from the bottom. There could be the option to buy your first badge and help you get your first badge.

Like I said before im not totally sure how the badges work but i feel this could be a good, none gimmicky way to spend the money earned by a manager, and have potential for fututre development.

Neji - fair enough, I didn't realise that was a feature - but it makes good sense! I was talking more about the ideas of spending money or investing it, but proberably didn't make it that clear!

Wouldn't the introduction of coaching badges prove a feature for every manager on the game, seeing as in the game every job you take is your first in management?

I think there are other non-wage related ideas that would improve your interaction with the FM world, like the option to add a playing history to your profile, or other details that I have thought of but can't remember at the moment!

This is why Spurs won't sack Ramos yet because he is getting paid a cool £5mil a year and still has 3 years to run on his contract. If Spurs do sack Ramos, they will have to pay him £15mil. Its' either that or hope he resigns.

Also he doesn't deserve to be sacked and it'd just make Spurs like even more of a joke, but I admit its certainly a factor.

As for the main topic, I wouldn't mind seeing a career earnings table, it'd be similar to the Hall Of Fame that's currently there I guess. I'm not too keen on the idea of adding coaching badges though, as I can't really see a way of implementing it without it becoming gimmicky.

Also he doesn't deserve to be sacked and it'd just make Spurs like even more of a joke, but I admit its certainly a factor.

Well no he doesn't really deserve to be sacked. The only reason he should be sacked this season is if he gets Spurs relegated.

I think the FA sacked Errikson when he had few years left on a 5mil-a-year contract.I believe they carried on paying him untill he got the City job believe it or not :eek:

He did indeed get paid until he found the City job. IIRC he managed to swindle a further £6mil off the FA.

Archived