Trouble making friendlies

I seem to have trouble getting teams to play against me in friendly matches so I have to go on tour to some country. I offer them money but it seems to make no difference. I am a top class team and have won a few trophies yet cant get games against any half decent teams. Anyone else have this trouble?

I usually tour the country that my financial feeder team is from, this boosts finances quite a bit. You should try organising a tournament, I find top class teams are more willing to play in a tournament than a one off friendly.

Perhaps set it so your assistant arranges friendly matches, then just cancel the ones he arranges that you don't want.

This is what I do and it seems to work just fine.

Always been something which annoyed me....I have the Asst Manager arranging them and usually have to cancel a few in the hope I can arrange a couple myself....but always struggle to attract decent teams - by that I dont mean the big guns of Europe.

Tour certainly seem to be the way to go!! (I think it helps scouting knowledge depending on which country you visit)

I think there should be a 'Filter out unrealistic friendly matches' option as with the player search feature. It would make arranging friendlies less of a ball ache

I totally agree with this that way we could see who the best team we could play would be.

In the past when managing smaller teams, I've found that to get home friendlies for the coming season; in order to raise finances, I had to start asking other teams for them, from the end of the season I was in.

Granted a lot turn you down, but if you keep asking, right through to the start of the next season, you should get quite a few that agree.

If you wait until the friendlies have been announced, you will find it much more difficult to get anyone to agree to one with you.

The transfer clause method is also an excellent way (should you be able to sell players).

Archived