+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird things you do

Post Weird things you do

Does any one else have any WEIRD THINGS THEY DO ?? I do i will never look at any of the latest scores or goal updates as i think you wouldnt know the scores irl and always seem to lose when i do do it! Though it would be quite interseting to know if other people do anything ??

Banned

Default Re: Weird things you do

When one of my players are taking a penalty, I point the cursor at the corner of the goal as if telling them where to place the shot...
    I also do it in open play when I can see a good pass on; I'll point the cursor "into the space" like I'm telling him where to pass...

Daft, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic joe celtic View Post
    Does any one else have any WEIRD THINGS THEY DO ?? I do i will never look at any of the latest scores or goal updates as i think you wouldnt know the scores irl and always seem to lose when i do do it! Though it would be quite interseting to know if other people do anything ??
    My 'latest scores' doesn't update, it just stays on KICK OFF.

Third Team

haha sometimes when i think the opposition might score, i click on 'tactics' then 'cancel' and usually the text stops and they havnt scored

Amateur

i guess this is a bug but once when in a game i clicked off the page to look at a player, when i came back i had scored, straight away i thought was that because i left the screen so done it again low and behold when i came back i had scored done it again, and again, when i came back i had scored i done it 8 times before the game finished and every time i had scored. 8 1 was the win, so now every so often i try it but its never happened since... i think i might give up on this now.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesbeams View Post
    haha sometimes when i think the opposition might score, i click on 'tactics' then 'cancel' and usually the text stops and they havnt scored
    I did that once. It turns out they did score and I was never notified, so my 2-1 win was actually a 2-2 draw.

Very disappointed.

Part-Timer

I never have the game on commentry only . I also watch the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Aja View Post
    When one of my players are taking a penalty, I point the cursor at the corner of the goal as if telling them where to place the shot...
    I also do it in open play when I can see a good pass on; I'll point the cursor "into the space" like I'm telling him where to pass...

Daft, I know.
    Ha I do exactly the same!!

Part-Timer

I do that aswell lol wierd .

Amateur

Daft, I know.
    I'm also clicking like mad during games also have been known to shout at the damn dots, white jacket time me thinks

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

I was managing in Russia once and I kept yelling at the screen I'd send them to Siberia if they didn't get their acts together. I also click rapidly when I see a good pass. I also think its my doing when they do what I click

Amateur

When i'm having a dump, i pretend i am at a press conference and i'll interview myself. - Even if i haven't played the game for a few days. I get bored easily when i'm dropping the mini Mike Tyson's off!

Amateur

Daft, I know.
    I do this when telling players where to pass/cross (point cursor), however I also do this when watching football games (with my hands near the screen), once during an England game on a 15 foot projection .

edit: also I ALWAYS pause before going to the tactics screen and wont go to tactics till the end of a highlight (I watch extended highlights).
    Last edited by earmack; 02-10-2008 at 22:56.

Reserves

I like giving my players a very vocal teamtalk before a match/half time/full time...

Amateur

When one of my players screw up (loses ball, misses a sitter, stupid own goal), I frantically click the player-dot while swearing at him and threathening him with the bench. "You stupid muddaf**** I'll kill your family and eat their livers!" (<- exaggerated )... I dunno why I click him really. Maybe I believe I'm poking him on the head or maybe it's to make sure who I'm mad at.

Amateur

Shouting at the screen saying "pass it wide!...switch it man! switch! go on! shoot! how did you miss that!"

As if it helps but u know am sure other people do it haha

First Team Squad Member
    Serps lives on, in the hearts and minds of all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys_safc View Post
    Shouting at the screen saying "pass it wide!...switch it man! switch! go on! shoot! how did you miss that!"

I do this aswell!

Also I have to keep the mouse button in the bottom, right hand corner near the pause button so I cannot see it lol. I have done this for about the last 3 versions of FM because everytime I don't put it down ther I tend to lose. I will only move it if a tactical change has to be made or if its half-time/full-time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys_safc View Post

I think, if we're honest (we're all friends), we all do this sort of thing...

Part-Timer

I don't think I do anything weird...does that make me weird?

You just obviously haven't been playing the game that long!

Amateur

I actually press CTRL+F4 when i go a lot of goals down and quit the game. Then after an hour of relaxing (was getting way too frustrated) and restart FM and delete the save game and then I dont play for another day or two. Then I play PES2008 to finally WIN something .

After a while I (try to) play FM again...

Amateur

smash my something whenever the opposition score an injury time equaliser/winner. my room's full of little bits of things everywhere now

Amateur

I commentate the game myself.

Amateur

i used to
    -press the up/down keys when in a pen shootout, thinking i could control what way teh keeper dove or players shot (CM03/04 though)
    - shout at the screen saying "get back","shoot" etc
    - chew gum while playing FM, real-life style
    - think of future signings whilst playing (how much can i get for .... , hmmm ... might be good for my setup)

Amateur

I always feel more confident of getting a goal when I am playing from left to right. So I prefer to be going right to left in the first half, so if i am a goal down, I think there is more chance of getting back in the game during the second half.

Also, if it is a final and I am one the away team side of the screen, I am less confident of a result.

Banned

Switch from "important highlights" to "text only" after 88' ,i definitely not want to watch the meaningless minutes of injury time .

Amateur

Red face Re: Weird things you do

Quote Originally Posted by shefki2008 View Post
    When i'm having a dump, i pretend i am at a press conference and i'll interview myself. - Even if i haven't played the game for a few days. I get bored easily when i'm dropping the mini Mike Tyson's off!

lol i do the same!

Amateur

Daft, I know.

I do the same thing with penaly kicks. both when my team takes them, and then i point to where my keeper should dive to save it.

+ Reply to Thread