For long i have not been fond of the idea of PA, which limit how far a players can go once he was regened. Instead, i have come up with an idea of "Learning Rate" [LR]
In the new player developing system:
1. There will still be CA, which represent their current overall abilities.
2. There will be no PA, which means a players can go beyond CA 200, if that is the case.
3. There will be the addition of LR, the Learning Rate.
How does LR work:
- LR come with regen players in a similar fashion of PA, lets say a player start with a -10PA, instead, now he will have 10 LR.
- LR rate from 1 to 10, the higher, the faster a player can develop his CA under the same time period.
- A wonderkid, for example, might born with a LR of 10.
Alternation of LR during playing career:
The following events can add bonus to the LR of players: [In decimal, eg + 0.15 etc....]
- Good training facilities
- Good Coach
- Good Morale/Happiness
- Match Practice [The higher the competition level, the more LR bonus]
- Good Tutoring
- Special Events
- Good Professionalism, Work rate, Determination
The following events will deduct LR from players: [NOTE: LR can result in negative number, which means declining of abilities/CA]
- Aging [Slowing decrease the LR of a player, for old players, this penalty will bring the LR to negative number -> declining in CA]
- Poor training facilities
- Poor Coach
- Poor Morale/Happiness
- Lack of Match Practice
- Bad Tutoring
- Special Events
- Poor Professionalism, Work rate, Determination
With the the introduction of LR and removal of PA, now the players can:
1. If you do everything right and with luck, an average talent player with LR 8 [with all those bonus applied], can developed as much as a player with LR 10.
2. In contrast, if everything goes wrong, even a wonderkid of LR 10 can be wasted [with all those penalties applied]
3. It is now possible for late career abilities boost if everything goes right. [eg. Lukas Toni]
4. It is now possible for early career abilities collapse if everything goes wrong. [eg. Veron]
5. Players abilities will now fluctuating a lot during their players career like in real life. [With PA this will never happened]
6. It is now possible to have truely legendary player developed in your own game, if he get all the lucks in development. There will be no limit to how far his CA can go.
This is the general concept, i think it have the potential if get developed properly.