to SI: League Editor?

Is there any chance that in the future you'll add to the game a league editor? It'd be the best solution for every possible "new-league demand". I understand that it couldn't be simple "click-and-play" software, but I'm sure it wouldn't discourage people. If they are determined enough to make new leagues patches by switching playable leagues they'll work on even very complicated editor.

If it's not possible please tell us why.

It wouldn't be extremely easy to code. It would consume a lot of development time that could, and probably would, detract from other more important elements of the game, such as getting the new 3d system running smoothly. I would personally would rather have a better, more in depth game with the leagues we have rather than devote time to a league editor which might water down that experience.

That being said, I would love to see a league editor. It would add a lot to the game. I just think there are more important things to deal with.

In real life there is also a huge clamboring for goal line technologies. Does that follow the same line of reasoning? (side rant over, sorry.)

Bad idea. I oppose change and bringing this in will ruining the controversy and greatness that is football.

Bad idea. I oppose change and bringing this in will ruining the controversy and greatness that is football.

i agree, but it'd be nice hearing "two-times world cup winners england". i don't really want tv refs, i just want better refs and assistants, ones who know the difference between a goal and a goal kick

• SI Staff
I've red previous topics about the issue, but still couldn't find any clear answer from SI. Only one from Matt - SEGA - "If it can be done, its a matter of time before SI do it". Not very informative...

Answers to topics like this are never very informative as we don't often reveal what we have or have not planned for the future until official announcements.

Archived