one thing im hoping for in FM2009

rsk360

one thing that i really really hope thats on FM09 is that you have a private life....something that resembles fifa manager because i think that that is a very good feature :D............................... soz if its been posted before :D

I have a work-around for you! Heres what you do:

1: Buy Football Manager 2009

2: Buy The Sims 2

3: In The Sims 2, use some money cheat to reflect your income in your Football Manager career

4: ALT+tab between the games. When you go to work with your sims dude, switch to Football Manager and pause The Sims 2

5: Handle your bussiness in Football Manager, and when you continue a day, switch to The Sims 2 and play a day...

Using this method I fear that a season might take about 3 months to play. So alternatively you can try the following:

1: Don't buy Football Manager 2009

2: Buy Fifa Manager 2009

Look if this would come I'm sure a lot would not play but SI rarely let people down think about it Fm09 is 3d as well as 2d so it looks promising and not going to be a LMA or whatever so it would be good in my opinion and I trust SI i'm sure they'd make it right if it wasn't good enough they'd scrap it if it's good they'd keep.

what exactly is he sugesting? i havn'nt played fifa manager (no plans to either) so could someone let me know what he means because im confused

Stuff like buying cars, houses, having kids etc.

A load of gimmicky rubbish that adds nothing to the game.

what exactly is he sugesting? i havn'nt played fifa manager (no plans to either) so could someone let me know what he means because im confused

I think you can spend your money on houses and other stuff and you also get to have a wife and children. I don't have FIFA manager either but from what I have read on here I think that is it.

Personally I don't care if SI decided to put anything like this in FM. I only played the demo of Fifa Manager but to be honest I quite liked the feature of having a wife and kids. It made it more of a full management experience. But I can understand why some people might not want the feature.

We've got an infinite list of football-related features we want to do before we devote time to a manager's personal life.

Please tell me that that doesn't mean you plan to turn your attention to a personal life at some point in the future.

Personally I don't care if SI decided to put anything like this in FM. I only played the demo of Fifa Manager but to be honest I quite liked the feature of having a wife and kids. It made it more of a full management experience. But I can understand why some people might not want the feature.

How did it make it more of a full management experience? Where does buying a car and having a wife and kids come into management? It has nothing to do with it. FM already gives you a pretty much full management experience. And I think it will continue to get even fuller by advancing football-related features only.

Please tell me that that doesn't mean you plan to turn your attention to a personal life at some point in the future.

Looks like it does. When they've devoted an infinite amount of time to implementing that infinite list of football stuff, then they'll do it.:D

How did it make it more of a full management experience? Where does buying a car and having a wife and kids come into management? It has nothing to do with it. FM already gives you a pretty much full management experience. And I think it will continue to get even fuller by advancing football-related features only.

Well one of the aims of the Football Manager series is to try and be as realistic as possible. It would give the manager more of a character and more depth than what we currently have in FM. Like I said, I can see why others won't want the feature and that's fine. There are plenty of other things I'd rather have implemented and improved in the game before this anyway.

Well one of the aims of the Football Manager series is to try and be as realistic as possible. It would give the manager more of a character and more depth than what we currently have in FM. Like I said, I can see why others won't want the feature and that's fine. There are plenty of other things I'd rather have implemented and improved in the game before this anyway.

The manager doesn't need more depth and character. It just needs to be a realistic management experience. Wives and kids and cars are completely irrelevant.

the only time i've heard of a manager's car actually being involved in football is when fergie picked up berba straight from the airport. all other car stories are irrelevant, apart from the odd prison sentence, but that shouldn't be in the game. irl manager's private lives are actually kept quite private (apart from paul jewell before someone mentions it) and would therefore have no impact on the game, and would be a pointless addition. :thdn:

The manager doesn't need more depth and character

Maybe not in your opinion but like I said personally I wouldn't mind the feature to have a wife and kids. I do agree that buying cars etc is pointless and would add absolutely nothing to the game.

Maybe not in your opinion but like I said personally I wouldn't mind the feature to have a wife and kids. I do agree that buying cars etc is pointless and would add absolutely nothing to the game.

It would be fun if you see your own kid playing in the youth team after a couple years of managing the team.

But about the life around football it's pointless. Who cares if you have a wife or if you cheat it only cost money.

The only thing that they have to show is how much money you have on your bank account cause i get payed every week/month but im now in 2016/2017 and i think i'm rich now :p.

Oh and if your son comes in the youth team it would be good if they showed it in the media.

Look, the point is that the game is a management simulation. It is designed to provide you with as realistic a management experience as possible. Maybe some people want SI to veer off and start implementing more pointless non-football stuff like wives, kids, dogs, village fetes to attend, etc etc, but I just can't get my head around why. I accept people's opinions, of course I do. It's just that I cannot see what is to be gained by branching away from football matters.

Look, the point is that the game is a management simulation. It is designed to provide you with as realistic a management experience as possible. Maybe some people want SI to veer off and start implementing more pointless non-football stuff like wives, kids, dogs, village fetes to attend, etc etc, but I just can't get my head around why. I accept people's opinions, of course I do. It's just that I cannot see what is to be gained by branching away from football matters.

spot on :thup:

I want a fun game where I don't have to spend forever tweaking match tactics ala Champ Manager 2...

Have you tried the current Champ Manager then? It offers more that sort of gameplay. CM's for fun, FM's for those that want a challenge - that's how I see it now, anyway. Both are decent enough, but totally different things.

I have a work-around for you! Heres what you do:

2: Buy The Sims 2

3: In The Sims 2, use some money cheat to reflect your income in your Football Manager career

4: ALT+tab between the games. When you go to work with your sims dude, switch to Football Manager and pause The Sims 2

5: Handle your bussiness in Football Manager, and when you continue a day, switch to The Sims 2 and play a day...

Using this method I fear that a season might take about 3 months to play. So alternatively you can try the following:

you've thought about this too much :D

Have you tried the current Champ Manager then? It offers more that sort of gameplay. CM's for fun, FM's for those that want a challenge - that's how I see it now, anyway. Both are decent enough, but totally different things.

I haven't no, I love FM, FM2005 and FM2006 i played to death, but FM2008 isn't as much fun. I'm not saying the game is cr*p or anything like that before the purists try and crucify me. It seem's like there's too much time faffing with slider bars and not much time enjoying it. In my honest opinion. I would like the opportunity to say: I want to play 4-4-2, short quick passing on the counter attack and that's it. I spent one hour yesterday messing around with tactics (which isn't fun).

Surely an 'automatic option' with predifined styles like: 4-4-2 long ball through the middle slow tempo and the chance to modify them IF YOU WISH, would be better? I would prefer that, because at the rate I am going I will be starting to look elsewhere. :(

Another work around:

2: Handle your bussiness in Football Manager, and when you continue a day, off your seat, and get yourself away from the PC...

3: Buy a car or a house if you have the money, or get a wife and born a kid if you can

4: Get yourself back to the business in Football Manager.

A season might take more than 3 months to play with this method. Again, alternatively you can try the following:

:)

It's been posted before, and every time it has recieved the same general response;

It's called Football Manager for a reason, and not The Sims.

I think the opening poster knows fine well that this ideas has been posted before, and already knows the kind of reaction it got.

Surely an 'automatic option' with predifined styles like: 4-4-2 long ball through the middle slow tempo and the chance to modify them IF YOU WISH, would be better? I would prefer that, because at the rate I am going I will be starting to look elsewhere. :(

Good idea, there could be a "win all your games" option. the sliders are there to add depth, and the formation you've just mentioned is easy enough to set up anyway. there isn't much point buying a realistic management simulation game if you don't want the game to simulate management realistically (see what I did there?)

Good idea, there could be a "win all your games" option. the sliders are there to add depth, and the formation you've just mentioned is easy enough to set up anyway. there isn't much point buying a realistic management simulation game if you don't want the game to simulate management realistically (see what I did there?)

Response from the purist as predicted who obviously didn't read what I put. I mean't a generic setup option that can be modified as required, like the default formations, with a default style of play attached. It is not a win all games option, where's the fun in that? I am just of the opinion the sliders can be too in depth and alienate someone who's never played the game before. I showed FM to a friend who has never played, he was horrified by the sliders, all he wanted to do was play the game!!

Of course if you want to spend your days messing with slider bars then that's upto you but I don't think Managers in real life go through all the different options like in the game...Was it Ron Atkinson who said footballers have a ten minute attention span, tell them too much and they'll forget it? :D

Response from the purist as predicted who obviously didn't read what I put. I mean't a generic setup option that can be modified as required, like the default formations, with a default style of play attached. It is not a win all games option, where's the fun in that? I am just of the opinion the sliders can be too in depth and alienate someone who's never played the game before. I showed FM to a friend who has never played, he was horrified by the sliders, all he wanted to do was play the game!!

Of course if you want to spend your days messing with slider bars then that's upto you but I don't think Managers in real life go through all the different options like in the game...Was it Ron Atkinson who said footballers have a ten minute attention span, tell them too much and they'll forget it? :D

i'm not a purist, i think the game is far from perfect, and quite flawed in a few respects. and i understand what you're saying about the pre-set formations with tactics, but i feel that the depth in tactics is what separates fm from the other management sims, and is pivotal to the series. i feel that if you haven't designed the tactic yourself (even if you've modified an existing setup), if detracts slightly from the result.

i too, felt that the sliders were quite daunting when i first bought the game, but once i got used to it, they were fine, and now it feels quite rewarding if you make small changes and turn a loss into a win, for instance.

big ron probably did say that, but there are other managers who are much more in depth, and will show players video's of their previous game and show them where they could improve, ie Harry Redknapp said after the man city game he was going to take them through all the goals (although that might just be punishment :p)

Actually, it isn't purely cosmetic. It impacts the club's budget and wage bill, and also provides job security. The larger and longer your contract, the harder it is for the club to sack you. However, it also means your personal "transfer fee" would be higher, so other clubs are unlikely to offer you a job.

i'm not a purist, i think the game is far from perfect, and quite flawed in a few respects. and i understand what you're saying about the pre-set formations with tactics, but i feel that the depth in tactics is what separates fm from the other management sims, and is pivotal to the series. i feel that if you haven't designed the tactic yourself (even if you've modified an existing setup), if detracts slightly from the result.

i too, felt that the sliders were quite daunting when i first bought the game, but once i got used to it, they were fine, and now it feels quite rewarding if you make small changes and turn a loss into a win, for instance.

big ron probably did say that, but there are other managers who are much more in depth, and will show players video's of their previous game and show them where they could improve, ie Harry Redknapp said after the man city game he was going to take them through all the goals (although that might just be punishment :p)

Portsmouth lost their next game 4-0 so it obviously was too much for them to take in!!!! :D

Archived