Playing Football Manager.....

So it's your day off and you have hours of football manager time ahead of you. How do you get yourself comfy and ready for your fm marathon. Comfy chair? Drinks? Food? Note pad and pen? Naked ladies serving you chilled beer and fanning you if you get too hot?

I like to prepare a nice pint of blackcurrant squash and some crisps or peanut m & m's to nibble on, nice pair of comfy tracky bottoms or shorts on, big A4 lined notepad and pen to jot down my squad in whatever formation i choose so i can see where i need strengthening or where i need to get rid of some players. Also to write down any players i may find that are worth noting. Sometimes i have itunes on to listen to the latest Russell Brand podcast at the same time.

So, what do you lot do? Am i the only person that does this? Be interesting to know.

The only person to listen to Russell Brand? Yeah, I think you are!

:D

You read my mind!

Personally I do pretty much what postal postie does. I usually watch TV or listen to Johnny Cash at the same time as playing FM, but I'm not averse to getting off my backside during play to do such things so I don't need to set it all up beforehand!

I rarely plan my FM sessions. They just... happen. I'll be watching TV or something and I'll suddenly get the itch. I'll tell you what, though. Nothing beats laying in bed on a cold, wet Saturday morning playing FM, knowing work is a whole two days away. Man, I love that.

I rarely plan my FM sessions. They just... happen. I'll be watching TV or something and I'll suddenly get the itch. I'll tell you what, though. Nothing beats laying in bed on a cold, wet Saturday morning playing FM, knowing work is a whole two days away. Man, I love that.

your bed is close enough to the computer desk to allow you to stretch your mouse wire across?

1. casual attire, tracky b's and a baggy t-shirt, socks optional

2. nibbles, nuts, crisps, sweets, etc

3. big glass of water

4. sort the cushions out on the sofa facing the tv

5. put something on that's easy to watch, nothing too engaging

6. get settled, making a nice wills1987 shaped dent in the cushions

7. get the dog up on the sofa next to me

8. big fart

9. boot up

perfect day

What I do is get a nice slab of chocolate, an ice-cold can of Pepsi Max, leave the TV on a news channel or BBC Radio 5 Live (I've been racing online on Gran Turismo 5: Prologue lately and haven't been able to get any FMing done because of having to be in my racing seat, although perhaps I could set up a small table next to the steering wheel and stick my laptop on that!) and just generally veg out.

1. casual attire, tracky b's and a baggy t-shirt, socks optional

2. nibbles, nuts, crisps, sweets, etc

3. big glass of water

4. sort the cushions out on the sofa facing the tv

5. put something on that's easy to watch, nothing too engaging

6. get settled, making a nice wills1987 shaped dent in the cushions

7. get the dog up on the sofa next to me

8. big fart

9. boot up

perfect day

If this was Match of the Day, that would be the highlight, methinks. :p

The only person to listen to Russell Brand? Yeah, I think you are!

:D

He is consistantly the number 1 in the Podcast charts so i doubt i am the only one!!

Alternatively, i like to have skysports news on in the back ground as you dont really have to pay much attention to it. I generally get a couple of hours play during the week and a good stint on the weekends. Unfortunately the misses has this weekend off work this coming weekend so i can kiss that session goodbye.

"Naked ladies serving you chilled beer and fanning you if you get too hot". why would you play fm if that were the situation?

Haha, Very true my friend.

I just usually play as i am on school holidays and when im not working or out.

Just boot up the old PC. I dont think i will be playing that often once fifa 09 comes out:(.

I look forward to receiving FM09 and having a couple days off. I'll pull out and swivel around my wall mounted widescreen TV so it's facing me when sat at the computer (yes I'm showing off,) switch to Dave and hope they are showing Top Gear, Ray Mears, and Jeremy Clarksons motorworld/extreme machines. Start FM09, select a load of leagues and get stuck in while occasionally turning my head to watch Clarkson being daft and shouting POWERRRR!

1. Get out of bed.

2. Take a shower, shave neccecary regions in case of sudden 'visitors'

3. Put on way to large pants and socks. Big oversized shirt to match comfort.

4. Turn on laptop on big table in living room opposite to tv.

5. Turn on oven for fresh bread and cheese.

6. Make a pot off warm Ovomaltine (kind of chocolate milk with extra ingredients to gain weight)

7. Get cigs.

8. Get chocolate and chips (for after 13:00 hours)

9. Chill out

10. Watch Real Madrid relegate under my guidance. (Yep, I pretty cr*ppy at FM)

This year I am going to stay with my Dad in Valencia 2 days after Fm09 is released. So, I will be out on the veranda with a cold beer, slack and comfy clothes on, sun coming down, with laptop on my lap playing away all damn week !!! Heaven!

There's nothing worse than sudden visitors when you're playing FM. They normaly turn up just as you click 'play match'!

Oh so true......there have been many times when people come to my room and want to hang out somewhere else and I feel like saying "I'm playing soccer manager, I can't".......alas, I never say that, and I feel heartbroken:(

He is consistantly the number 1 in the Podcast charts so i doubt i am the only one!!

Alternatively, i like to have skysports news on in the back ground as you dont really have to pay much attention to it. I generally get a couple of hours play during the week and a good stint on the weekends. Unfortunately the misses has this weekend off work this coming weekend so i can kiss that session goodbye.

I listen to him too. Great podcast.

I don't really do any preparation - I tend to play most nights, whenever I have the computer on there's always FM on in the background, and I screen-flick a lot. A hell of a lot.

Recently I bought COD4 on the PS3 though, and it's started drawing my attention away from the PC. Must be time for a new FM ;)

This year I am going to stay with my Dad in Valencia 2 days after Fm09 is released. So, I will be out on the veranda with a cold beer, slack and comfy clothes on, sun coming down, with laptop on my lap playing away all damn week !!! Heaven!

Valencia can be pretty chilly in November, buddy.

Archived