6 sent off and match not abandoned?!

Firstly this is in FM2007. I downloaded a patch way back then but i'm starting to think it didnt work...

Just played a qualifier Chile vs Uruguay and I had 6 players sent off! But the ref let the game continue while I only had 5 players. Maybe its different for each competition but I was at a game irl a few years ago where the match got abandoned because one side were down to 6 players (Sheff Utd vs West Brom). Pretty mad game though, it was all for violent conduct.

I have loads of screen shots but dont know what you do about hosting them, any advice? If anyone wants to see. Anyone had a similar experience?

I don't want to sound like a moaner, but...

...this is another example of basic football rules and conventions which are not in the game and make it quite frustrating to play for me.

The reason I first loved the game was when I played CM2 and CM3 where football was faithfully recreated with stunning detail. The modern versions have some fantastic features, but if the bedrock of basic components is not there then what is the point.

Apart from matches getting abandoned when too many players get sent-off, we've also lost realistic awards and postponements for bad weather. 3D is all well and good, but I can't help feeling the priority should be the basics.

What's worse is that it used to be in the game, like postponements and abandonments due to bad weather. Back on 01/02, there were numerous bad weather postponements, I had one game abandoned (I was 2-0 up with Newport County at Rochdale when the game was abandoned due to a blizzard) and I also had one game abandoned due to my opponents, Aston Villa, being reduced to six players.

Why they were ever taken out god only knows.

What's worse is that it used to be in the game, like postponements and abandonments due to bad weather. Back on 01/02, there were numerous bad weather postponements, I had one game abandoned (I was 2-0 up with Newport County at Rochdale when the game was abandoned due to a blizzard) and I also had one game abandoned due to my opponents, Aston Villa, being reduced to six players.

Ah those were the days. The game was so much more realistic. :(

I completely agree its a shame this isn't still in the game. But, to be fair, it wasn't actually taken out the game, it just wasn't rewritten into the code when they did everything from scratch for CM4.

Why such a basic but great feature has never made it back into the game baffles me though. Maybe FM09 will be a pleasant surprise?

I completely agree its a shame this isn't still in the game. But, to be fair, it wasn't actually taken out the game, it just wasn't rewritten into the code when they did everything from scratch for CM4.

If it wasn't rewritten then it was taken out. It was there before.

Uruguay must have been pretty bad to only beat 5 players 2-0.

You're not wrong there mate.

Sort-of like that other bug where you holiday and have NO players on the pitch, yet get beat like 50-0. After they score their first goal, who kicks off?....

The weather postponements should be brought back, especially in the lower divisions with no undersoil heating, I also remember a touch of realism in one of the old Cm's where players could get worldwide bans, I remember Patrick Viera assaulted a ref in a game and got a 6 month ban..... hilariously Steve Staunton of all people also assaulted a ref in a later game, used to have screenshots, must have been old, when Staunton was playing for Liverpool......... added a nice bit of colour to the game though

I think that we should re-implement this and remove all the skin thing. These are surely nice but only get the game bulky. The old days version was much better and quick.

It's the same for cars, you have lot of nice features that get the car bulky and slower. Once removed, you get a lighter car that is ready for speed racing :)

Holy comparison HAHA... sorry guys!!

Archived