Real fixtures

That is rather stupid, it is a fixture list for suds sake!

That's nothing! Over here in the States information on MLB, NFL etc is not allowed to be disseminated in any way without written consent. Thus if I were to write down the result of a game last night I could be (technically) sued..!!! Also, nobody except the NFL and the TV Station authorized to show it is allowed to refer to the Super Bowl as "The Super Bowl" so they have to say things like "The big game" etc...

MADNESS!!

That's nothing! Over here in the States information on MLB, NFL etc is not allowed to be disseminated in any way without written consent. Thus if I were to write down the result of a game last night I could be (technically) sued..!!! Also, nobody except the NFL and the TV Station authorized to show it is allowed to refer to the Super Bowl as "The Super Bowl" so they have to say things like "The big game" etc...

MADNESS!!

That is absoloutely crazy. What a nightmare. I mean, who gets harmed by a pub using "superbowl" as an advert, Oh dear

MADNESS!!

imo, that is one of the craziest things. word of mouth is one of the best ways of advertising, especially on tv, radio, etc.

come to think of it, i might set a similar thing up so no-one without written consent can say my name :D

What you are forgetting though is that in FM07 they did not include real fixtures but allowed us to create a file and use this at the start of the game to use real fixtures.

They took this away in FM08 and I dont know why.

They can easily add the option to ALLOW a file to be created and used at the start of the game for real fixtures without breaching copyright, much like how we can add pictures for teams and players that SI dont have the license for.

Archived