This is not a thread about licensing, licensing is fine and fair

Is about how it's been applied, I'm an avid South American player, I always load the Brazilian league, now I don't got it, I don't think is fair since I bought FM16 with the Brazilian leagues on it.

I know how this thread might turn out (closed, hidden or erased) so please mods show it to the big ones, I'm not asking for anything else, I've been playing and supporting the game for years and it's kinda a kick on the balls.

Maybe you guys where forced to do so, alright, then I would have loved to read an statement about it, I didn't bought this game to play against FLA, FLU or whatever.

Yes we can edit the database, do all kinds of tricks, but I didn't bought the game to do so and I would never edit as good as your researchers, that's the point of playing this game.

No Brazilian league on FM17, sure, fine, but don't remove stuff that I bought, is not nice even though is part of license agreement and totally legal.

I like you less now, I´ll keep playing and all but I like you less, you were always honest to the community.

"We lost Brazilian licensing, we did all we could but we couldn't keep it, therefore FM16 buyers will be affected" instead of hiding would have been nice instead.

Please don't ban me. :(

Is this why all the Brazilian teams names are abbreviated or not clear now? So besides Brazil, the German National team, and I think the Japanese league, is there anything else unavailable currently?

They didn't hide anything. They said that there was update due to new Brazilian licenses - what else were they supposed to say? The rest can be inferred from that. Your issue isn't with SI, it's with whoever has the licence that's forced them into this change. There is literally nothing SI can do about that.

• Administrators

We're not going to ban someone just for raising a concern with the game. As has been said already, it was out of our control and we were clear with the users as soon as it happened. There's a few things like that in game unfortunately.

It's probably something worth investigating further on affiliate and fans sites as officially there's not really anything more we can say on the matter I'm afraid.

Thanks Neil.

It was a PR issue, a pinned thread on every media or at least the forum would have been nice, I don't log into Twitter everyday, updates are forced into the game so I never read their notes, just the comments, it was an special event as content was taken out of the game.

Thanks for replying.

You're making it sound like you think SI had a choice.

They lost access to the license for the Brazilian leagues. That left them with two choices, either they could change the names of the teams and the league in order to not be infringing upon the license that was now exclusively owned by somebody else or they could open themselves up to being sued into oblivion by the new owner of the license.

Who buys them, theres only one FM, I know fifa buys them from Pes for obvious reasons. But who benifits from FM not having licences.

Archived