My reputation in FM14 is world class, yet every single club laughs me off?

My save has gone funny and since i went to wales and won stuff there, no other team wants me. Apply for top clubs, they laugh, so then I apply for clubs in the lowest playable leagues, that are semi-pro, and they also laugh me off. The only people to not laugh at my interest is the czech national team. Has anyone else had this happen before?

Your rep is too high for clubs in the lower league.

This leads them to thinking they can't afford your wages.

Does this mean I'm not good enough for the top teams, but too good for the lower teams and stuck floating in the middle? Should i try to ruin my rep, as I can still manage in wales but i don't have interest for that :/

What do you mean by "lower league"? Are you talking about English clubs, or overseas? At what level? And I'm assuming "top clubs" are those involved in European football?

EDIT: read your post again. You're aiming too high and too low. Massive clubs are unlikely to take you as your reputation was built in Wales, but your rep is too good for tiny semi-pro sides.

Does this mean I'm not good enough for the top teams, but too good for the lower teams and stuck floating in the middle? Should i try to ruin my rep, as I can still manage in wales but i don't have interest for that :/

Generally speaking the news items that you get in your inbox about positions being available are about the level that you stand a chance of getting. If you are listed amongst the three favourites you stand a high chance of getting the job if you apply.

There is an element as withnail says that your rep has been built in Wales and will be lower in other countries. That said I doubt you would hit world class without some success in continental competition which means you will have some rep in other countries just not as high as listed on your profile.

I've managed other clubs before and been succesful, as im now in the 2060s, however my reputation has gone all funny. I had this problem when i first started, but i was managing a edited team in malta in 2013-18. but for some reason Colombia hired me and solved it but atm i'm having no luck with international jobs.

If a world class manager applied to a job at a small club, surely they wouldn't laugh him off though? They would give him as good an offer they could afford, probably expecting the world class manager to decline. It is not unheard of for good managers to "settle down" with a small club after a long and successful career.

I've managed other clubs before and been succesful, as im now in the 2060s, however my reputation has gone all funny. I had this problem when i first started, but i was managing a edited team in malta in 2013-18. but for some reason Colombia hired me and solved it but atm i'm having no luck with international jobs.

There might actually be something to this. My save went along very similar lines. I've done multiple managers, and added my third one in the 2080s. He started as an ex-International, so didn't really have issues getting jobs. The challenge was to do the Octadecagon (major continental club competitions + equivalent internationals) so involved a lot of moving around, sometimes to "low rep" clubs. There came a time where I needed to knock off some of the International jobs, but went through a long period of time where absolutely no international side would touch me. Went on holiday for a year, and every single one I applied for immediately rejected it, whether that was U19s roles, low ranked nations or the top tier ones. I picked up a very low rep job in Indonesia, then a higher one at Manchester City, but that appeared to resolve things and got those jobs once again.

I can't say I've simulated too far into the future, but how does your age play a role.... players have a finite time.

It doesn't, unless they've changed it for FM16. Your age never goes beyond 100, and rolls back sometimes so it stays below it.

Archived