Crash in game after changing nation continent through pre game editor FM 16

faizangmc

Hi, I decided to create a db with India added to europe so that the clubs can play in champions league. I created the whole database with new league structure with just a single league. Verified it through editor. It said rules are valid. Now to change continent of a nation, we just have to remove read only line from nation.xml file. After doing this step, I could change the continent of India in editor from Asia to europe. Verification was correct. Now when I started the game and loaded the database, it crashes at setting up leagues and cups...

After step by step removing the changes, I finally found the reason of the crash in game. Same setup, I just change the continent and region back to asia, and I dont get any crash error. To further confirm it, I created a new edited database from scratch (default 16.3), with only 2 specific changes . i.e. changing the continent of india to europe. and region to 'southern europe' . And checked it, it gives the same crash.

So in short, changing continent of a nation to to another continent is crashing the database in game loading. I could do this flawlessly in fm 15. Why is it crashing in fm 16. Has any1 suceeded in changing continent of nation?

Please help. Thank you

Have you moved another nation out of Europe?

I.E Kazakhstan to Asia?

no I didnt do that. Will try it now and tell you. Should I remove a playable nation or a non playable one will do?

EDIT : Thank you very much @Clintabn, I changed Andorra to Asian nation. It worked and no longer crashed in loading. :)

no I didnt do that. Will try it now and tell you. Should I remove a playable nation or a non playable one will do?

EDIT : Thank you very much @Clintabn, I changed Andorra to Asian nation. It worked and no longer crashed in loading. :)

Move Kaz or Azerbajan

• 1 month later...

1. From the base working location go into the "/database" folder.

2. Open a file called: nation (XML file)

3. Scroll down until you see the line <!-- Continent -->.

4. Look for the following line below <!-- Continent -->:

Code:

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>

Note: The statement 'true' in this case means that it acknowledges that the continent value in the nation form is read only and thus cannot be changed.

5. Now change the 'true' statement in the is_read_only line to 'false'.

6. Save the file, close it and restart your editor.

7. You are now able to edit a nation's continent. [Which upon adding to it a continent, will allow leagues and rules to be added through 'Nation Rules'.]

---

The destination for step 1 was located in my PC at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016 Editor\data\format\database

Yours should be nearly the same if you have a PC and not a Mac. Please be very careful in doing this though, a simple error and other parts of the editor could be changed that shouldn't be. I suggest only doing this if you have Steam to back the editor up and are following the above step by step.

• 4 months later...

Archived