Lack of Chinese Regens

Why is it that there are a distinct lack of good Chinese regens ,even decades into the game. I am of the understanding that Population is a very important factor in determining the likelihood that a country will produce great superstars. Another factor is the facilities at clubs in the country, I'd imagine that the mega-rich clubs could afford to max out facilities,junior coaching,etc. So why is it that even when there are goldilocks conditions there is not a superstar in sight? I don't expect a 200PA every three years but a population of ONE AND A HALF BILLION and no good players in thirty years!!!

In the winter update data China has the following key entries;

Importance of Game: Unimportant (3rd out of 4 settings)

Youth Rating: 60 (higher is better & 200 is the highest possible value)

As for the clubs most have a vale below 10 for Youth Coaching & Youth Facilities and many of the club owners are also lacking detailed research ratings so when paired with the low importance rating of football I imagine the clubs will be less inclined to invest in improvements when the nation & they are not that interested in the sport.

I expect that the importance of game rating will be set to the highest level for FM17 & that the club owners will be set to have higher levels of ambition & willingness to invest money.

That makes sense but i don't understand why SI would reduce the youth rating of china from 117 to 60 in the year following serious investment by Chinese billionaires,Guanghzou evergrande etc.

Perhaps because they clubs will now buy stars rather than build from their youth upwards.

That makes sense but i don't understand why SI would reduce the youth rating of china from 117 to 60 in the year following serious investment by Chinese billionaires,Guanghzou evergrande etc.

I'd say it was because if China kept the 117 youth rating and the clubs got a massive influx of cash and used it too improve their youth coaching and facilities there would be too many Chinese superstars in the game.

Name one exceptional Chinese player that has ever played football, in the history of the game. There are no Chinese regens who are excellent in the game because they are clearly extremely rare in real life too. Not every country cares enough about football to develop young players into superstars.

Come on guys, what's to say that with the increased interest & the Government encouraged investment that China will not start to developing better players through their club system over the next decade or two, that's what I believe the OP is getting at.

Not sure if this is related but I'm Arsenal manager in 2028

I got a region who is from Vietnam.....not China but I guess similar circumstances

He just turned 19 and I think will become world class

He chose to play for England but He was born in Vietnam

US0Vzeh.jpg

Man that guy is gonna be crazy,make sure you get him a good tutor

Thanks...Hopefully he turns good

Im more surprised he came from vietnam as like you said top class regions are very limited

He has like 7 preferred moves as well

This is his tutor

English despite the cool sounding name

a347mph.png

Thanks...Hopefully he turns good

Im more surprised he came from vietnam as like you said top class regions are very limited

Arsenal have a Vietnamese affiliate club which in FM will increase the probability of a member of the youth intake coming from that nation, just a shame that the approach does not reflect the current rules on youth transfers.

yea staff at your club can influence it.

FM13 was the best for super newgens from weaker nations, had awesome Scottish, Egyptian, Japanese and Chinese newgens in that game.

Aye FM13 the version of regens from obscure places. I had a wee winger from Burundi or something, I actually had to google where the heck the country was on the map, so rare was his nationality :lol:

Can the likeliness of a country producing superstars increase? Because I'm starting a career in Aruba and I'm trying to make it a super nation, is that possible (I know that takes long but I've 4 weeks of vacation with nothing to do, so I have the time)?

Can the likeliness of a country producing superstars increase? Because I'm starting a career in Aruba and I'm trying to make it a super nation, is that possible (I know that takes long but I've 4 weeks of vacation with nothing to do, so I have the time)?

With their youth rating, you'd probably be looking more like 4 years than 4 weeks. In fact, I'd be pretty safe in saying that it's virtually impossible. It can change, but it's either glacial in pace or there are ceilings.

Archived