Hodgson Steps Down

Djstu23

Awful management, even Lee Dixon outperformed him, but he's just done what all the past managers have done and I don't expect any better in future. Same preparation, same approach to friendlies, same overrating of otherwise good players, same dodgy selection policy and tactics.

Hodgson definitely improved the team in general. But he completely failed to get a solid gameplan down, and didn't even seem to bother trying to fix the mentality of the players that succumb to pressure far too easily. And those are the things that matter most when it comes to the tournaments.

Hodgson definitely improved the team in general. But he completely failed to get a solid gameplan down, and didn't even seem to bother trying to fix the mentality of the players that succumb to pressure far too easily. And those are the things that matter most when it comes to the tournaments.

No way did he improve the team. He had a better talent pool to pick from this summer than any squad since the golden generation in 2006. He didn't know his best system, his best team, he picked an unbalanced squad of 23 players(1 winger) and thought throwing strikers on was the answer to everything.

improved the team? by putting Kane on set pieces and insisting on Raheem Sterling who is worse then Rashford at the exact same job.

In general. I kinda feel like Kane was the one that made everyone let him take the set pieces even though he's terrible at them (and was all round woeful in the 4 games). Raheem Sterling should be dropped though, along with Kane, for the opening qualifiers. Give other players a chance, start Rashford for a few games up front.

That prepared statement though. :D

As if you don't see how bad that is to write a prepared resignation statement before a game, let alone against tournament underdogs Iceland. Absolute joke of a man, and glad he's gone.

Not only did he have it prepared seemingly, he also got in there quickly and walked away avoiding all questions despite the fact that the FA were clearly going to get rid asap. Utter coward.

As if you don't see how bad that is to write a prepared resignation statement before a game, let alone against tournament underdogs Iceland. Absolute joke of a man, and glad he's gone.

I think he had that speech ready before the tournament even started so he could use it once England got knocked out, regardless of who the opposition were.

Not only did he have it prepared seemingly, he also got in there quickly and walked away avoiding all questions despite the fact that the FA were clearly going to get rid asap. Utter coward.

Mate would you rather jump or get pushed? I think Hodgson made the right move getting out asap.

FA got what they deserved this tournament for keeping this useless clown on after the World Cup. There was a number of people that moaned when i said he should be sacked after the tactics used and performances put in at Brazil :D

Guy has no clue how to set up a team.

• Administrators

Pards the top favourite outside Southgate/Neville. The choices really do not look good at all.

It's mind blowing. Did he bet on Iceland or something? They way he just looked dejected for the last 30 mins standing on the touchline, pacing about, mopping his brow. I've seen England players collapse under the pressure a lot but never the manager.

I know this is late and people won't agree at all with me, but FA should have appointed Redknapp instead of Woy 4 years ago.

Woy was the reason why both Ferdinand and Terry retired from international duties. Redknapp wouldn't care less about the drama. While Redknapp might be worse tactically than Woy, he's definitely a better "manager" of egos and personnel. And obviously, there's no way Arry will ignore the West Ham contingent of Noble, Antonio, and Carroll - It's West Ham. Also, he has the media behind them all the time even when England will under perform as it takes the pressure of the whole team. After Woy's disaster with Liverpool, I'm surprised someone still wanted to hire him at all.

I know this is late and people won't agree at all with me, but FA should have appointed Redknapp instead of Woy 4 years ago.

Woy was the reason why both Ferdinand and Terry retired from international duties. Redknapp wouldn't care less about the drama. While Redknapp might be worse tactically than Woy, he's definitely a better "manager" of egos and personnel. And obviously, there's no way Arry will ignore the West Ham contingent of Noble, Antonio, and Carroll - It's West Ham. Also, he has the media behind them all the time even when England will under perform as it takes the pressure of the whole team. After Woy's disaster with Liverpool, I'm surprised someone still wanted to hire him at all.

Hodgson has tactics?

Don't really see what having him sit through a load of questions would gain anyway, the performance said enough, the names were the same but those were not the same players I see in the Premier League, we always seem to have the same talking point about what system we are playing and that the players are not sure or not used to it, it's just crazy.

No way did he improve the team. He had a better talent pool to pick from this summer than any squad since the golden generation in 2006. He didn't know his best system, his best team, he picked an unbalanced squad of 23 players(1 winger) and thought throwing strikers on was the answer to everything.

This.....

Archived