Pitch size - When to have which?

Hi all,

It's been a few years since I've posted here. I recently picked up FM16 after a two year absence. I'm really enjoying it so far but one thing that has puzzled me and I can't find a guide to it are pitch sizes.

I've just finished the first season with Inter Milan and my grounds man has asked for the specifications. I'm playing a possession based tactic so I think the pitch needs to be as big as possible but there are so many options. Is there a guide at all? I sometimes have a counter attacking tactic depending on the opposition. How do I strike a balance? Any advice?

Thanks,

Pitch does matter depending on your playstyle in my opinion. A small pitch means a narrow approach in majority of games. A wider pitch means wide play (I usually use the biggest if I was to play a possession style game to create more space for players and etc).

• 3 years later...

You used to have the option to change the pith size every season but I think It must be set now because i haven't seen it come uo for the last two seasons on my save ??

I had mine set to max size (106m x 69m), but in the facilities window it now appears to be set lower (105m x 68m).

What is even more confusung to me is why are these pitches so small as the official max pitch size is 120m x 90m.

these dimension are taken straight from the F.A. rule book.

Dimensions

The touchline must be longer than the goal-line.

Length (touchline):
minimum 90m (100yds)
maximum 120m (130yds)

Length (goal-line):
minimum 45m (50yds)
maximum 90m (100yds)

Dimensions for international matches

Length (touchline):
minimum 100m (100yds)
maximum 110m (120yds)

Length (goal-line):
minimum 64m (70yds)
maximum 75m (80yds)

Competitions may determine the length of the goal-line and touchline within the above dimensions.