Tetradecagon Challenge/Double Heptagon

The Tetradecagon Challenge - AKA The Double Heptagon

Hi guys, just wondering whether anybody else has attempted/completed this challenge?

I completed the more traditional Pentagon challenge on FM15 and decided to give this a go for FM16. It's been one of the most immersive saves I've ever done!

The rules (such as they are) are as follows:

Start off unemployed.

Start off with Sunday League rep and no coaching badges.

There are 7 major continental/world competitions for club football and 7 for international football so 14 competitions in all. Hence the name of the challenge - tetradecagon being a 14 sided shape (I have used double heptagon for mine - 2 7 sided shapes)

Competitions required to complete challenge:

Club competitions:

FIFA Club World Cup

UEFA Champions League

African Champions League

Copa Libertadores

O-League (Oceanic Champions League)

Asian Champions League

North American Champions League

International competitions:

FIFA World Cup

UEFA European Championship

African Cup of Nations

Copa America

Oceanic Nations Cup

Asian Nations Cup

North American Gold Cup

Note: I downloaded some additional leagues from Claasen(I think) to add some variety in Africa and to allow me to challenge for Oceanic Champions League

It's a "simple" as that! I am now in the year 2036 and have been doing pretty well!

Started in Sudan with Al Merreikh El Fasher

Moved to New Zealand to Canterbury Utd - I stayed for 2 years, guided the team to a playoff place but other teams were just too strong

Moved to Hong Kong to Kitchee Sports Club- Stayed for a year and won the HK Premier League and HK Challenge Shield

Moved to Tianjin TEDA in China - won the Chinese Super League and the Asian Champions League!

Moved to China U23 - won the Asian Games

Moved to China Senior Side

Moved to Kaizer Chiefs - won the South African Premier League, Be A Coach Challenge and the African Champions League

Moved to Waitakere Utd (New Zealand) - failed to impress and left after a short time.

Moved to Argentinos Jrs - another poor performance

Moved to Vasco De Gama - won the Rio State championship but left part way through first season to go back to New Zealand

Moved to Hawke's Bay Utd (New Zealand) - won the New Zealand Premiership and the Oceanic Champions League

Moved to Cruz Azul (Mexico) - won the Clasura (Closing Stage) in first season and the Apetura (opening stage) in my second season. Also the North American Champions League!

Moved to Sao Paulo FC (Brazil) - Won the Sao Paulo State Championship and the Copa Libertadores! - my main league performance was shockingly bad though

Moved to Manchester Utd - Only just started - club finished 4th last season and failed to qualify for UCL group stage so I'm joining in mid January with the club going well in the league and in the knockout stages of the Europa League.

So I've only got to win the UEFA Champions League and the Club World Cup to complete the club heptagon!

I haven't included all of my international jobs but the Asian Games is the only thing I've won at all internationally so I haven't even started on the International Heptagon yet. Had spells at all sorts of teams - Nigeria, Paraguay, Uruguay, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Sweden to name but a few. Only decent performance I had was leading Uruguay to the second round of the World Cup where we lost narrowly to France (eventual winners).

Anyway, that's enough blabbering on from me - just thought I'd post this to see whether anybody else is doing anything similar or wants to have a crack!

Good on ya mate.

Ya I'm doing one my self aside from my main long term save. Something for me to step aside and take a breather occasionally lol but definitely will be following up more often in the coming days.

My challenge is different, or easier actually: just the traditional Club football Hexagon (Heptagon, should I include Club WC). But with a slight twist!

I have to complete the CLs in this order: OCL, AsCL, AfCL, NACL, SACL, and finally, UCL. The order is based on level of football obviously. Some might say that the AfCL is higher in level than the NACL, but I like the feeling of 'moving south' to SACL lol. Just me.

I'm using Claassen's too. Since I'm starting in Oceania, I've decided to load all Oceanic Nations in his database. As for other continents, I've only included nations where its top league is at least the same level as the biggest league in Oceania (the NZ Premiership). And with some rationalising and preferences, I was able to load 119 nations (the max).

Credit to Jack from Work That Space and Gendo FM, (both in Youtube), but I've decided to be patient, and enjoy every nation that I happen to come upon, instead of trying to chase that CL title at every opportunity.

I'm glad that there are people attempting this (or, in your case, a much difficult one lol) because I don't see many in this year's FM.

PS: I have started from the nation which you may well be surprised lol. I'll post some screen shots later today.

kwest227 this is almost a light version of Ultimate Football Manager Challenge only thing there is that you don't need the Oceania achievements as its based on the original databases.

You could also check out my : The Earls Supreme Challenge that has similarities to this but both of these challenges includes winning several league titles as well.

But good luck with you challenge, its those type of challenges that makes a Journeyman Savegame that much more fun.

It's one that's been posted about before, here, which was based on the original here. I'd say I came up with it, but there's hardly much original about just adding a few competitions to the Pentagon.

Good to see someone else attempting it. There's a career thread chronicling my attempt from FM13, where I managed to complete it, but never managed to do the same on FM14, didn't try on 15, and I'm doing a cut-down version currently (starting as a high rep manager version of a retired player from a previous career). It's definitely been the most wide-ranging challenge I've done given all the places you need to touch.

kwest227 this is almost a light version of Ultimate Football Manager Challenge only thing there is that you don't need the Oceania achievements as its based on the original databases.

You could also check out my : The Earls Supreme Challenge that has similarities to this but both of these challenges includes winning several league titles as well.

But good luck with you challenge, its those type of challenges that makes a Journeyman Savegame that much more fun.

It's not really that, as it puts absolutely no emphasis on anything at a national level.

Just to follow up on the screen shots I mentioned.

May I introduce to you:

VAITOGI UNITED

From America Samoa, no less.:lol:

5fQ1mQM

http://imgur.com/5fQ1mQM

Really short seasons they have here. But thoroughly enjoyed.

Hs4TLf4

http://imgur.com/Hs4TLf4

Started from the 2nd division (lowest playable league). And was able to avoid relegation, and win the Div 1 title 2 years later. That qualifies us to the Prelim Round of the OFC Champions League........

W2yuMPw

http://imgur.com/W2yuMPw

.... in which we were totally outclassed by teams from Tonga, Samoa and Cook Islands. This Round was played in one location, and we had like 3 games in 5 days lol. It kinda made sense, I guess. All of amateurs here with their own day jobs I guess, can't expect them to take leaves for too long. Don't even mention flying around for home and away matches lol.

Good thing about a short season: lots of free time.

CrlQl08

http://imgur.com/CrlQl08

The Chairman can't use "can't do without you in training" as an excuse I guess lol. And after winning the league, we had some funds.

I'm enjoying my time here in American Samoa. I'll probably stick around until the Chairman decides that I no longer need any higher qualification and refuses to cover the fees. By that time, I'll probably have a good qualification to look for a job in NZ without going through the other leagues like in Vanuatu and Tahiti.

Best of luck to you though. I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO.

PS: Mods, a very new user here. I can't seem to get the images to show in posts, hence the urls below. Can you pls point me the right direction pls. Thanks!

Archived