Won't Pass to a Teammate in Front of Goal

Particularly this situation is not the best example, but I think I understand what the OP is trying to show you. I have come across many situations where the striker decides to shoot straight at the keeper from very small angle, where it is very small chance to score instead of trying to find very well positioned teammates in the 6th yard box.

I understand where you are coming from but he's pretty much one on one with the keeper. Would you pass if you were in that situation? Or would you have been unhappy if he'd have scored, just because he didn't pass? Add this to the fact that he is, after all, Lionel Messi, not someone like Fabregas or Ozil.

Like I said, I understand where you are coming from on some occasions however you can't expect a player as good and confident as Messi to not shoot in that position:p

A Poor example, but the issue of players constantly shooting from the goal line rather than cutting the ball back to an unmarked teammate in the box is a constant cause of utter frustration.

This is correct- far too often you are caught shouting at the screen telling the forward not to shoot from such an acute angle.

Archived