Cannot score goals

This is more of a question about the game and peoples experiences with it than a tactical discussion although it does have implications for tactical discussion.

Does anybody else find it very difficult to score goals on this version from other sources besides crosses into the box, it seems that a high proportion of my chances when 1 on 1, half chances have a very low success rate.

I have had this problem on pretty much every save I have played on this version.

I've tried a direct approach with 3 'forwards' in a 4-5-1, a patient approach with the same formation, 4-4-2's 3-5-2's but I always encounter the same problems.

The other issue I find is that home advantage is hugely overpowered, especially in cup competitions.

Not complaining about these issues, although hopefully they will be modified if they are imbalanced for next years version, but I am asking how did you guys address these problems if you encountered them?

Thanks!

I didn't encounter any problems to be honest .I tend to use one tactic in a game and just change the attacking or defensive emphasis via shouts. If your system is well thought out and balanced you should do fine.

The only problem I had was playing vastly superior sides, that required me to identify which areas were their strengths, so I created a static defense around the spatial strengths. If they have a Suarez, Neymar and Messi coming at me, I start using a DM and tell me to show them on wrong foot

It is very difficult to score in this version when you need to score. I don't think it's too difficult to score generally.

As much as I get frustrated with the ME for all those impossible 0-0 draws, I think Euro 16 will have opened people's eyes to the effectiveness of defensive tactics.

Personally I think the ME has gone too far. There is a slight imbalance that the AI knows the perfect settings in terms of the ME to play an effective 'park the bus' while for the user it's a bit of trial and error to find the perfect attack.

But in the main it's not too far off base. Effective tactics emphasising movement, width and penetration will be successful. Sometimes you need to realise a 0-0 at home to Stoke is OK! In fact recognising when you are having a mare and switching to more defensive, reactive tactics is often the way to stop getting "FM'd"

I am having similar issues. I've practically given up on achieving anything in my Liverpool save simply so I can get get Daniel Sturridge to score a goal from a through ball.

That is my 'goal' for this save!

Archived