Next England manager?

RTG

Next England Manager  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Next England Manager

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Gary Neville because, despite his stint at Valencia, I think he will be become the best manager out of the mentioned.

It's hardly an inspiring list though.

It would never happen but I would absolutely love Slaven Bilic. He talks so much sense and is the right amount of crazy. I think I love him.

Already?

Bilic already? He has a good record in International football coupled with having done an excellent job already in the Premiershio and he has played here so he knows what makes the England team tick. I was all over the West Ham board after Big Sam was given the heave ho but Bilic has been phenomenal.

Gareth Southgate is favourite for the job

why does everyone else see how ****ing mental that is apart from the FA? the man has nothing on his CV apart from relegating middlesbrough

Gareth Southgate is favourite for the job

why does everyone else see how ****ing mental that is apart from the FA? the man has nothing on his CV apart from relegating middlesbrough

Well he has been the England U21 manager for the last three years and took them to the finals last year where they performed fairly well but just didn't get the results.

It offers some continuity as he will be familiar with many of the younger players in & around the fringe of the squad.

Just keep Hodgson. There's quite an obvious progression in England's style under him. Let him see out the job with these players. If it's the same after 2018, then lose him.

He'll be 70 by then so even if we shitout in 2018 I'd expect him to retire before he was pushed :D

Andre Villas-Boas? English grandmother, managed high profile clubs won things like the Europa League at Porto, Russian league at Zenit and managed in the Premier League and plays some exciting football.

Just would he really want to come back to England?

Andre Villas-Boas? English grandmother, managed high profile clubs won things like the Europa League at Porto, Russian league at Zenit and managed in the Premier League and plays some exciting football.

Just would he really want to come back to England?

I like him, but the media absolutely roasted him at both Chelsea and Spurs. He's be mad to want to take an even more high-profile English job without getting into the media good books first.

Pardew won't get it - he's not "well behaved" enough. I think the most consistent manager out of the lot is Allardyce, and I actually wouldn't mind giving him a shot at it. He's pretty organised and tactically aware, so I would give him a try.

Yeah, Greg Dyke already said that the manager didn't have to be English, but definetley needed Premiership/English management experience. I can't think of any genuine English candidates at the moment, too soon for Eddie Howe, who I hope could be a future England manager, but needs to keep progressing.

For me we are left with:

Slaven Bilic

Rafa Benitez

Mauricio Pochettino

It's highly unlikely Pochettino would take the role at the moment, but in 2 years time who knows? If it was after this Euro Championships I would go for Benitez.

Not sure Allardyce's strengths as a manager (budget signings, sports science, getting the best out of veterans and some very limited footballers) are really well suited to the England job, especially when you consider he might be an even more unpopular appointment than poor old Second Choice McClaren. Could definitely have used his set piece training yesterday though.

Think Eddie Howe has easily the most impressive CV of the rest of the listed names, but his chances of getting the job probably improve if England perform decently in the competition we're far from finished in and Hodgson gets to keep his job for another couple of years...

Even as a United fan I'd be happy with Benitez as an appointment: with his track record in cups he's surely got to try international management sooner or later.

Every time Bilic displays his utter contempt for Ian Wright's "Mr England" schtick he goes up in my estimation. I'd be very happy to have him as England boss. Neville and Southgate are not up to management, and I'd wager appointing either of them would be disastrous.

I've gone other as we shouldn't restrict ourselves to **** English managers. If theres a good foreign candidate, go for him.

I'm of the opinion that we should always go for an English coach because if we don't have a good one it's the same system failing as having **** players.

I'd like an English manager too. I think it kind of defeats the point of international football when you go foreign as it should be about testing your best. Whether that is players or managers.

Probably in the minority with that view. No idea who I'd actually pick as they're pretty much all terrible.

Not English so don't care

My guess is that the English FA will either keep Hodgy or choose a stop-gap like Southgate or Neville if they can't find a big name manager

Hell they might choose Southgate or Neville and if they fail miserably they'll go back to throwing money at big names

Archived