rotten cheats!!!

Quite literally fuming! Put in a tactical change at the 70 mins mark and did not make the change at all!

Had no access to the tactical options for the last 22 mins of the game!

If this is not evidence that the game cheats in order to enforce certain results I don't know what is.

Might be what's happened to me a few times where I make a sub and then take a look at the tactics screen, make a change, then decide against it and cancel the change, but it also cancels the sub. Been caught out with this now and then.

Okay, I pause the game every time I make a change. It was a crucial game between two teams vying for promotion. The game was tied at 1-1, the draw saw the other team go through and my team having third place for a play-off. While my tactical changes and subs may not have necessarily won the game, not having those changes happen did not exactly help either.

The next game saw Bradford keeper and defenders make two silly mistakes (as in, suspiciously stupid, like they wanted to lose. Maybe there should be a probe into corruption in electronic football too, haha. After all I'm sure SI have to pay royalties to FIFA in order to have the rights to use trade marked intellectual property. hahaha) and I took the game 3-0. So maybe the game felt guilty and let me win one to make up for doing me over.

Even so, official warning on my second post ever; not bad eh!

Okay, I pause the game every time I make a change. It was a crucial game between two teams vying for promotion. The game was tied at 1-1, the draw saw the other team go through and my team having third place for a play-off. While my tactical changes and subs may not have necessarily won the game, not having those changes happen did not exactly help either.

The next game saw Bradford keeper and defenders make two silly mistakes (as in, suspiciously stupid, like they wanted to lose. Maybe there should be a probe into corruption in electronic football too, haha. After all I'm sure SI have to pay royalties to FIFA in order to have the rights to use trade marked intellectual property. hahaha) and I took the game 3-0. So maybe the game felt guilty and let me win one to make up for doing me over.

Even so, official warning on my second post ever; not bad eh!

That wasn't an official warning, that was a friendly word this time;)

That's just pure coincidence, nothing to do with the game wanting you to lose.

It isn't entirely coincidence... We generally make changes when our players are getting tired or things just aren't working. That's naturally the most likely time to concede, isn't it?

It isn't entirely coincidence... We generally make changes when our players are getting tired or things just aren't working. That's naturally the most likely time to concede, isn't it?
Must say I notice this issue a lot, conceding when changes been implemented, happened on FM14 a lot

The team is vulnerable just after a sub, the sub player isn't up to pace with the game, so an error can happen, this generally happens if your team is having a wee rough patch in game and you try to change things, it can take 5 ins for the players to get up to speed.

Whilst I agree (tentatively) with that and again I can only say for sure with FM14 (not played 16 enough yet) but if you play on commentary for example and make a sub, in the time it takes for the sub to happen the other team often scored, it happened way too much for it to be coincidence, not noticed on 16 as I play on 2d key.

1) I never mentioned about NO subs so what are you on about?

2) Not a myth on my FM14 game, it happened way too many times, if it was a myth I would not have mentioned it as there would be no point as it would not be true. I have nothing to gain by mentioning it.

1) I never mentioned about NO subs so what are you on about?

2) Not a myth on my FM14 game, it happened way too many times, if it was a myth I would not have mentioned it as there would be no point as it would not be true. I have nothing to gain by mentioning it.

It isn't a myth that these things happen, it's a myth that, as you inferred, it happens for a reason rather than being pure coincidence. Federico meant that how often do you have that situation where the sub is confirmed, made and no goal happens in between? Probably way more, because you never remember those. Perception bias.

Interesting you say you have nothing to gain by mentioning it. What do SI have to gain from deliberately coding that you should concede in the time it takes to make a sub?

It isn't a myth that these things happen, it's a myth that, as you inferred, it happens for a reason rather than being pure coincidence. Federico meant that how often do you have that situation where the sub is confirmed, made and no goal happens in between? Probably way more, because you never remember those. Perception bias.

Interesting you say you have nothing to gain by mentioning it. What do SI have to gain from deliberately coding that you should concede in the time it takes to make a sub?

And this.

LOL - wish I had not mentioned it!

I never said it happens for a reason, I said it happened a lot after confirming a sub when playing on commentary ON FM14! It happens a lot, I did not have my calculator out in order to calculate what % of games it did it but based on observation of playing the game 20 months this is a fact based on MY experience.

Yes I have nothing to gain, SI also have nothing to gain for it, I never said they did or never raised this as an issue before so before you wade in I would appreciate that you consider the tone of your comments.

Thank you x

It's not an overly productive topic but as Forameuss says, what is there to gain on anyone's behalf?

Remember a sub is just a tactical change, at its most, horrendously oversimplified level the match engine takes 1+1=2. When you make a tactical change it can then be 1+2=3 or 1+3=4. There's a whole lot more to it than that, but that is all it does, all you do when you make any tactical change is adjust the variables the match engine uses to calculate outcomes. I highly doubt SI have some module within the match engine fiendishly dubbed the "vindictive module" where the game looks for subtle ways to negatively impact upon your experience of the game.

We all get frustrated, when my striker hits the post twice in a game, he's a terrible striker because he always hits the post in truth he probably hit the post once about 6 games ago or something. When I get a couple of bad injuries, the game is costing me because I always get long injuries. In truth most the time I'm getting a reasonable run with injuries, but there's always going to be a bad one sooner or later.

The difference is, usually within a few seconds you realise and put it to one side and crack on.

It's not an overly productive topic but as Forameuss says, what is there to gain on anyone's behalf?

Remember a sub is just a tactical change, at its most, horrendously oversimplified level the match engine takes 1+1=2. When you make a tactical change it can then be 1+2=3 or 1+3=4. There's a whole lot more to it than that, but that is all it does, all you do when you make any tactical change is adjust the variables the match engine uses to calculate outcomes. I highly doubt SI have some module within the match engine fiendishly dubbed the "vindictive module" where the game looks for subtle ways to negatively impact upon your experience of the game.

We all get frustrated, when my striker hits the post twice in a game, he's a terrible striker because he always hits the post in truth he probably hit the post once about 6 games ago or something. When I get a couple of bad injuries, the game is costing me because I always get long injuries. In truth most the time I'm getting a reasonable run with injuries, but there's always going to be a bad one sooner or later.

The difference is, usually within a few seconds you realise and put it to one side and crack on.

I agree, it's not, just something I did notice on FM14, based on my own game.

I certainly never claimed SI did such a thing, I said it happened a lot on FM14 (ONLY ON COMMENTARY)

Thankfully, I was good at FM14 so wasn't an issue as I tended to win a lot

I agree, it's not, just something I did notice on FM14, based on my own game.

I certainly never claimed SI did such a thing, I said it happened a lot on FM14 (ONLY ON COMMENTARY)

Thankfully, I was good at FM14 so wasn't an issue as I tended to win a lot

It's a myth there's a difference between text commentary, 2d and the 3d views.

They're views/presentations of the match engine. The match engine is, whatever comprises the leviathan of code that is tangled up there under the hood.

[Match Engine]

The match engine is in its own box like that, it works with whatever you put into it, and the AI manager puts into it and begins working from there.

The match engine can be portrayed to you to one of three mediums, text only, 2D or 3D but all these are is representations of what the match engine has already determined. The output could just be a black screen until its finished and then it gives you a full time result, it could be sheep running around in a jungle - the medium through which you view the match engine doesn't change anything the match engine actually does.

It's a myth there's a difference between text commentary, 2d and the 3d views.

They're views/presentations of the match engine. The match engine is, whatever comprises the leviathan of code that is tangled up there under the hood.

[Match Engine]

The match engine is in its own box like that, it works with whatever you put into it, and the AI manager puts into it and begins working from there.

The match engine can be portrayed to you to one of three mediums, text only, 2D or 3D but all these are is representations of what the match engine has already determined. The output could just be a black screen until its finished and then it gives you a full time result, it could be sheep running around in a jungle - the medium through which you view the match engine doesn't change anything the match engine actually does.

I never said there was, I said I noticed it on FM14 playing commentary, I noticed it happen more on commentary than 3d / 2d (again based on my own experience) ON FM14!

Certainly never said there was an issue, if it was I would have reported it in 2013

Right, bored of the bickering ladies.... if you can't have a civil conversation, it will just get shut down.

The subject has gone down a certain route and it has been discussed.. I consider the matter done and dusted unless it comes up again in a much more civil manner.

Archived