"Moves Into Channels" Need help please

I need a bit of help please, I've had a look for any information, but either I'm blind or there isn't any.

I'm making a tactic which is based on through balls to score goals. It's a bit of an unorthodox tactic which has no striker, a 4 - 3 - 3 - 0 formation. Basically I'm using a shadow striker in the AM slot as my main attacking player. I want my player to Beat the offside trap, so that's an obvious PPM, but I also want him to get into positions where he can run through the middle of players (if that makes sense). I'm making a guess here, but "Moves into Channels" sounds like the sort of PPM that I'd want for my Shadow Striker.

Can anyone give me an explanation of what "Moves Into Channels" actually does (or means). I know it sounds a bit obvious, but what something says and what something does can sometimes be totally different in FM.

Also, can anyone suggest any other PPM's that would benefit this player? Here is an image of the way my team is set out...

Manchester%20United_%20%20Overview-2_zpsxbbjmujt.png

If there is any further information required, just let me know :)

It means he will tend to move from the middle to a wider position, though not as far out as the flanks.

Ah I see, would you say that could possibly benefit him?

Also, I've already given him a PI to roam from his position, isn't this a similar thing?

It could benefit, but that depends on the system. With his movement into wider areas he can drag with him a defensive midfielder and create space for a rushing midfielder or an inside forward.

I'm looking for the Inside Forwards to score goals, so that sounds like a good idea then :)

The midfielders don't tend to cause an attacking threat, they're more based around providing the killer through ball, whilst the 1 sat in the middle sprays the ball out to the wings.

Basically this is the movement he does...he moves vertically up between players then drags them apart with his movement by going sideways

That makes sense, I suppose I'll have to test it out to see if it's effective or not.

As most have said its moving wide and into spaces between the backline. The player needs good off the ball, acceleration, and decisions for it to work out well.

I've got Higuain in this spot, 18 OTB, 14 Acc and 15 Dec. He already had the trait which helps I guess. Having tested him over 6 competitive matches in this role as a shadow striker he's managed 5 goals, 3 assists, 3 man of the match awards and an 8.65 average match rating!

does this apply to wide players in the AMR/L position? or is it more for centrally based players?

I'm guessing it makes more sense for a more central player, but if you're playing a narrow width, then this could be beneficial to the wide players?

It can be beneficial for both central players and wide players, depending on what you want from them.

For example a Raumdeuter to help him find space in these channels and so aid interaction with a striker partner in the centre. Plays One-Twos PPM can be quite complimentary for both players here.

Alternatively a False Nine to make good off the ball runs to drag a defender out of position and make space for an onrushing attacker from midfield.

However, having the PPM and/or PI to move into channels is one thing, making sure the player has the right attributes to be able to effectively perform the move is something else entirely.

I've got Higuain in this spot, 18 OTB, 14 Acc and 15 Dec. He already had the trait which helps I guess. Having tested him over 6 competitive matches in this role as a shadow striker he's managed 5 goals, 3 assists, 3 man of the match awards and an 8.65 average match rating!

Thats a really good return! Highlights the need for good attributes in a suitable tactic.

It can be beneficial for both central players and wide players, depending on what you want from them.

For example a Raumdeuter to help him find space in these channels and so aid interaction with a striker partner in the centre. Plays One-Twos PPM can be quite complimentary for both players here.

Alternatively a False Nine to make good off the ball runs to drag a defender out of position and make space for an onrushing attacker from midfield.

However, having the PPM and/or PI to move into channels is one thing, making sure the player has the right attributes to be able to effectively perform the move is something else entirely.

Is there anything anywhere that you know of that goes into detail on PPM's?

[Edit] Never mind, I've found some good explanations!

Archived