Who has had the best coverage? BBC or ITV?

PaulHartman71

?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• BBC
    • ITV

Includes presenters, pundits, commentators, general coverage etc.

I've never been a fan of ITV's football coverage but have to say fair play to them I have enjoyed their coverage so much more than BBC this tournament. Probably helps that they got rid of Chiles. I've found Lineker unbearable at times and often mute BBC at half-time.

I like Bilic, but BBC beats ITV everytime imo...plus I don't think there's a weak pundit on BBC, whereas there can be plenty at times on ITV.

What he sez, basically. Bilic is great, and to be fair Hoddle isn't a bad summariser and Speight is proving to be a half decent commentator, whereas the Lawrenson / Mowbray axis sets my teeth on edge at times, so it's not all bad for ITV this time round.

The problem is Clive Tyldesley. So long as he's commentating, the Beeb has the edge. Ian Wright needs a spell in the gulag also.

Can't believe people are voting ITV. Take Bilic out and they're terrible. Marion ****ing Bartoli spouting rubbish. Matthäus should have more interesting things to say for a player of his greatness and with his career, yet he's awful. Might give him the benefit and say it's a language thing.

I hate Lee Dixon, even though he's really popular with a lot on this forum. Ian Wright is woeful. Woeful. Jacqui Oatley earlier was horrendous. And I don't really like Mark Pougatch - agree with above, looks so smug.

And at times they're even worse than BBC with their England camp nonsense. They didn't talk about Germany or Poland until 1950 last night. 20 mins on England and Wales ffs. And then again today before Italy-Sweden.

The Pearce & Lawrenson comedy hour (and a half) is worth the licence fee alone. I can feel a chat show coming off the back of this.

Bilic has been a refreshing change but that's all ITV has going for it really.

I have enjoyed talksports coverage when ive been at work. Though you would have thought Sam Butterface would have remembered who he was working for by now. Twice he's gone to say sky sports before quickly correcting himself :lol:

ITV still ****. There was one game in 2nd round of matches where it sounded like the commentators were in the back of the van the sound quality was so ****.

Do BBC have France/Ireland game? If so I hope they get someone like Kilbane in studio alongside Henry :D

Bilic just provided the contrast to show how awful most of ITV's pundits are. Might as well have a random cliche generator in place of Hoddle, so long as it also blurts out "Rule Britannia" at random intervals.

• Administrators

One of the good things about being abroad for most of the tournament so far is I've not watched a second of punditry and have had Tyler and Smith on commentary for someone the games.

Now I'm back I have the joys of ITV and BBC to look forward to. :(

Archived