What is it with the countdown before kick offs?

Djstu23

Another idiotic modern football gig.

Goes together with both countries having announcers speak in their own languages and try to hype up the crowd and the announcers trying to start a song after a goal (maybe not at EURO, but on more and more occasions).

Soon the crowds will resemble people who yell offense/defense with a big mac and coca-cola in their hands on NBA games. (no offense to anyone)

I like music after goals as long as it's not age old music. Modernises the game.

That's the most disgusting part for me. If you can't celebrate a goal properly and need some crappy music then you should go watch some other sport.

We don't need the modernization, because we've already had enough of it.

That's the most disgusting part for me. If you can't celebrate a goal properly and need some crappy music then you should go watch some other sport.

This man speaks good truth.

Although l wouldn't necessarily be averse to music BEFORE goals. That'd definitely work. Providing it wasn't 7 Nation Army.

Does this sort of thing take place in other countries?

Really dont like this, fans can hype themselves. :thdn:

In Brazil we have stuff like this on TV regarding the Olympics but otherwise it tends to be very uncommon.

I think this kind of thing is pretty silly but they obviously think it will hype the event.

In Brazil we have stuff like this on TV regarding the Olympics but otherwise it tends to be very uncommon.

I think this kind of thing is pretty silly but they obviously think it will hype the event.

It is a bit silly, but isn't it actually just a bit harmless and a bit of fun. I'd imagine most kids and young people would like it, so I think it's good...it's just noise at the end of the day :)

It is a bit silly, but isn't it actually just a bit harmless and a bit of fun. I'd imagine most kids and young people would like it, so I think it's good...it's just noise at the end of the day :)

Yes, it's certainly harmless, and one can easily ignore it, I suppose.

This man speaks good truth.

Although l wouldn't necessarily be averse to music BEFORE goals. That'd definitely work. Providing it wasn't 7 Nation Army.

Is that a socket puppet account? Second time you have come up with a whine about stuff happening in football and Danchinaski comes flying in minutes later to back you up.

Being your own wingman on the list.

http://http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-argument-techniques/

Did they do it at the world cup?

Edit.

The countdown thing

Is that a socket puppet account? Second time you have come up with a whine about stuff happening in football and Danchinaski comes flying in minutes later to back you up.

Being your own wingman on the list.

http://http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-argument-techniques/

Er, it's the other way round - l slated music after goals, his post and he advanced the argument against it. Good to know that this forum is so well policed though, if two posters agree on something not once, but twice, it naturally stands to reason that it must be some kind of phoney account or sophisticated trolling. Some people may scoff at those who meticulously observe posting habits so they can recognise obvious troll trends such as two posters holding a similar opinion on something, but l for one am pleased that there are people like lvan who pay great attention to detail to such matters and are willing to draw attention to it as it arises. In fact, I'd say the internet needs more scrutiny for posters holding a similar opinion, lest it should descend into lawless anarchy.

The thing that gets me is so many games now are preceded by the same trashy dance/generic HYPE music. I don't mean 15/20 mins before kick off, but at certain PL grounds right up to kick off. Ruins any potential atmosphere, any chance of interaction between home and away support etc (but probably sounds better on TV).

Did they do it at the world cup?

Edit.

The countdown thing

Yes, they did (at least in Brazil).

But they are doing it far more 'aggressively' regarding the Olympics.

they do it with the tournaments and the olympics because they have a much greater family feel to them that club football doesn't really have. they're a bigger spectacle and it's just another way of involving everyone in it. it's like how at wrestlemania they get guest bands and artists in to perform and stuff, it's just appealing to a demographic that's usually a little bit outside what the sport attracts.

genuinely baffled that people are angry at it, it's such an inoffensive thing

Archived