Manager Attributes

I was wondering if the attributes of computer controlled managers make any difference?

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll create a player and sim to follow his career for an hour or so, to see how he does, where he moves to etc. So I decided to try creating a manager and doing the same. I created what I thought would be the perfect manager, but he got sacked from every job, Premier League down to the English regional first division. So I decided to make a exact copy of Guardiola. Attributes, tendencies, formations etc. Same result. Fired from every job. Lower league, Championship, Premier League.

Then I noticed in one game that David Moyes had somehow been hired by Real Madrid, so I put all his attributes to 1, and they won the league 5 times in a row and a couple of Champions League's too.

So are the attributes and everything pointless for them? Is it just random?

It must have a lot to do with CA, PA, Reputation and it's not just Real Madrid.

I adjusted Real Madrid players attributes to low single figures leaving their CA, PA, Reputation, alone and they still won against an edited test team that had player attributes three times greater.

I think the match engine readjusts the attributes to conform with the CA, PA, Reputation.

To me though... a player with low attributes is like a bank account with low funds... I come from a competency based training background.

It's an ethical thing whether attributes determine CA, PA, Reputation, or CA, PA, Reputation, determine attributes.

A player gets CA, PA, Reputation, through training and matches, and a player shouldn't carry his reputation onto the field and think it's enough.

If he has physical attributes all set to one... there is no way his technical and mental attributes should be able to help him move on the field better than what can reasonably be expected for a player with physical attributes all set to one.

The game is simple and just like all sports games... whoever perceives, decides, and executes better... wins.

I can understand why people become perplexed when reasonable expectations = losses.

It must have a lot to do with CA, PA, Reputation and it's not just Real Madrid.

I adjusted Real Madrid players attributes to low single figures leaving their CA, PA, Reputation, alone and they still won against an edited test team that had player attributes three times greater.

I think the match engine readjusts the attributes to conform with the CA, PA, Reputation.

To me though... a player with low attributes is like a bank account with low funds... I come from a competency based training background.

It's an ethical thing whether attributes determine CA, PA, Reputation, or CA, PA, Reputation, determine attributes.

A player gets CA, PA, Reputation, through training and matches, and a player shouldn't carry his reputation onto the field and think it's enough.

If he has physical attributes all set to one... there is no way his technical and mental attributes should be able to help him move on the field better than what can reasonably be expected for a player with physical attributes all set to one.

The game is simple and just like all sports games... whoever perceives, decides, and executes better... wins.

I can understand why people become perplexed when reasonable expectations = losses.

If you edited the attributes but left the CA unedited then the game will up the attributes to conform to the CA within a few weeks. If you had lowered the CA too then the attributes would've remained the same.

As far as I know rep has no effect on player performances.

I was wondering if the attributes of computer controlled managers make any difference?

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll create a player and sim to follow his career for an hour or so, to see how he does, where he moves to etc. So I decided to try creating a manager and doing the same. I created what I thought would be the perfect manager, but he got sacked from every job, Premier League down to the English regional first division. So I decided to make a exact copy of Guardiola. Attributes, tendencies, formations etc. Same result. Fired from every job. Lower league, Championship, Premier League.

Then I noticed in one game that David Moyes had somehow been hired by Real Madrid, so I put all his attributes to 1, and they won the league 5 times in a row and a couple of Champions League's too.

So are the attributes and everything pointless for them? Is it just random?

Guardiola's attributes are heavily skewed towards playing a possession retention and pressing game very high up the pitch and relying on the flamboyancy of players to create chances. There aren't many teams that's well suited to, particularly not in the English lower leagues, and his tendency to spend his budget on youth signings isn't going to help if he doesn't have much budget and isn't around for long enough to see them mature. Most managers get fired from most of their jobs anyway, so it's not even like your Guardiola clone has necessarily done unusually badly.

On the other hand, Real Madrid's squad is more than good enough to win titles with Moyes' fairly balanced 4231, even if he's lost his ability to motivate players and made more likely to sign overrated players.

Archived