Abandoneed Game?

Evening Fellow FM'ers...

Sitting in work earlier and i was thinking in general,has anyone seen or had a game being abandoned whilst playing FM,due to too many players being sent off?

Would love to know everyone's thoughts on this one,Personally myself since playing FM09 No i have not.

Cheers.

Abandonment are not part of the game, it's also not in the laws of the game that a match must be abandoned if one team is reduced below a set number of players. The only actual law is that a team has 7 players to start a match & it is then left to the ref's discretion whether a match should be stopped if a team ends up with fewer than 7.

I had two games abandoned on CM01/02 on the same Billericay Town save.

One I was playing West Brom in the First Division. West Brom had four players sent off and then a player injured after using all of their subs. The game was abandoned and I was awarded a 3-0 win.

Earlier in the Third Division, a game at Rochdale was abandoned due to heavy snow with me 2-0 up. I lost the rearranged match 1-0.

Did this not happen in a Sheff Utd game a while back?

Indeed. I remember it well and was talking about it recently too.

Google "wba v sheff u" and the first half a dozen or so results will tell you all you need to know about that match 14 years ago.

I was never a fan of Neil Warnock even before that game but after what happened that day, I don't think I have ever despised a manager more for what he did and how he went about it.

Knowing SI, they probably removed it for 'licencing reasons'.

They tried that pathetic argument with qualifying results - why not this too?

That's an awfully big chip on your shoulder to be carrying about qualifying results! I hope you don't find out about some of the other stuff licenses restrict.

Match abandonments are such a rarity, and most of the scenarios in which they could potentially happen in modern football are rather distasteful it makes sense for them not to be in the game. My team just take it in turns picking up yellow cards, and then everyone tends to be quite well behaved. I've had numerous fines for excessive bookings, but don't think I've ever had more than 2 red cards (Sergio Ramos & Pepe at Real Madrid, in a Network game against a mate managing Barcelona, both inside the first 30 minutes as well!)

Knowing SI, they probably removed it for 'licencing reasons'.

They tried that pathetic argument with qualifying results - why not this too?

It's not a pathetic argument, it's just the truth of the matter. You really think they wouldn't do literally an hour's database work to put it in if they could?

I don't remember ever seeing a match abandoned in the FM era. Doesn't seem to be in the code. Would be a nice feature though - alongside severe weather events more realistically affecting large areas and creating multiple postponments. The problem, I think, would be that there are already complains about how fixtures are scheduled when there's a lot of congestion, and this would risk worsening that existing problem area.

Archived