Luck of the Irish (International Agent Part 2)

ashton321

ireland-flag.gif

Right well here we go again.

My last save met a little bit of a killer end due to me not loading enough leagues and it having a massive effect on the available players to me when I just took over the Irish job. So I have restarted the game and set about the task of making Ireland great. I have loaded the Irish League so I hope this will keep the Irish pool high and will allow me to continue far into the future with this National Team. In my last save when I took over Ireland I intended to stick with them for 30 years or so before retiring and then maybe bring in a son into the game. So this will be no different really.

Right well the first task is qualifying for Euro 2016. At present this is what it looks like

BhXqhtV.jpg?1

I am left with fixtures against

Gibraltar H

Scotland A

Poland H

Georgia A

The FAI want me to get to at least the playoffs. I think I should do that but as in real life the Scottish game will be the main job for us.

Here we go. COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN

image.axd?picture=2011%2F3%2FRep+of+Ireland+Team.jpg

Story so far

Year National Ranking Achievements
2015 38th Euro Qualification through playoff
2016 13th Euro Quarter Finalists
2017 15th World Cup Qualifying group win
2018 7th World Cup Quarter Finalist, B Division Promotion
2019 8th Euro Qualification 2nd in group

ireland-flag.gif

Ireland- 2015

4EnXPlO.jpg?1

Friendlies

None for us this time out

Euro Qualifications

Gibraltar brought in a new era with me at the helm. What a fantastic way to do it with a massive win. The big game was always going to be away in Scotland I felt like I had to win, it was close, we very nearly got beat but we popped up with a goal late on. This meant that the game against Poland was huge, we were fantastic and we battered them all over the park and recorded a superb win, this meant we were pretty sure of a playoff spot. We finished against Georgia, we mathematically secured the spot with a good win.

Sweden awaited us in the playoffs, it was not the draw I wanted really but we were brilliant away from home as we smashed them. In the home leg we were not that great but did enough to go to the Euros in France.

5kkmUnL.jpg?1

Next Year

We will face a really tough group with Turkey, Slovakia and Italy. I think we have a chance of going through, maybe 4 points will do it. Ideally I would like 6.

ireland-flag.gif

Ireland- 2016

FAuKhzc.jpg?1

Friendlies

Pre Euros I played Lithuania and Norway we recorded to massive wins which I was pleased with. After the euros we beat Engalnd which was fantastic. In the last game I experimented and lost heavily to Japan

Euro 2016

In the groups we recorded wins over Turkey, Slovakia and really surprising over Italy. I could not believe how well the group stage went. In the next round we faced Ukraine two closely contested sides meant it was tight. We edged them on pens. In the quarters we faced England it was tough but we lost despite giving it our best efforts. It was a superb effort in the tournament.

World Cup Qualifying

We kept our decent run going with huge wins over Austria, Serbia, Moldova and Georgia this has put us in ole position for qualification to the World Cup in Russia, which is amazing news for us.

j3a96fZ.jpg?1

Next Year

We carry on our World Cup campaign with games against all the teams next year. From this point I would be hugely disappointed if we do anything other than win the group comfortably, as I feel Austria away was our toughest game.

ireland-flag.gif

Ireland- 2017

9rY6UBa.jpg?1

Friendlies

We played a couple of South American teams this year in Bolivia and Paraguay, we did really well as we secured solid wins against them. We also faced a good Belgium team, we were not quite there as we suffered a close defeat.

World Cup Qualifying

We carried on with a superb win against Wales, we followed this up with a really close game with Serbia. Next up was Austria, I knew that if I won this I would be pretty much through. Unfortunately, we got beaten which was a close run thing but made the group really tight. We were still ontop through goal difference. We won our remaining games against Georgia, Moldova and Wales. Austria got a wins in all there games as well but via goal difference we got through to Russia

Next Year

We will be in Russia for the World Cup. We have drawn Germany, Iran and Morocco, I am fairly pleased with this and I think we should qualify. If all goes as expected we will have England in the next round that would be tough.

YX4OLIM.jpg?1

ireland-flag.gif

Ireland- 2018

YeOlFzO.jpg?1

Friendlies

Spain were first up on our friendly campaign. They are a very good side and they showed it against us. Iraq were next and we dispatched them with ease. We smashed a couple of Russian sides in preparation for the World Cup.

World Cup 2018

Iran were first up for us, they were no match for us as me smashed them. We then faced World Champions Germany we were amazing as somehow we managed to get the big win. We secured top spot in the group with a solid win over Morocco. In the 2nd round we faced USA, they were a solid side but two own goals gave us the win. In the quarters we faced Spain we knew all about them after the friendly, this time it was a lot closer but they were still too good for us.

Euro League B Division

Greece and Romania were our opponents. I was fairly confident of achieving promotion as I felt we were much better than these sides. I didnt however expect to win every game as comfortably as we did. It was a superb effort and I could not be happier.

Next Year

It will be Euro Qualification time. I think I have done enough to seal a spot in the top seeds so hopefully that will lead to a decent group so we can qualify as group winners.

rpQcgPx.jpg?1

ireland-flag.gif

Ireland- 2019

x6dK0xS.jpg?1

Friendlies

Two friendlies this year both were tougher than I thought they would be. A Peru team who are looking decent ran us close. We beat New Zealand but it probably should have been by more

Euro Qualification

We started our campaign with a good win against Georgia. We then went to play Czech Republic, I felt this was the key fixture, if I could draw I felt we would qualify. In the end we won easily. We beat a decent Moldova side home and away to be in pole position to qualify. Spain came to Dublin and we somehow won, this meant that not only would we probably qualify but we could win the group. We beat Georgia and Czech Republic in a double header. We finished off with a bit of a drab performance in Spain. All in all 2nd was what I wanted but we did a lot better than I thought we would have done. Very pleased.

Next Year

We did fantastic in the qualification period this year. To be honest I am a little bit surprised about how well we did this year. Next year its the Euros I would ideally like to get to the quarter finals but it all depends on the draw.

mkx3Uou.jpg?1

Archived