Just signed messi!

finally i have him after waiting for 5 seasons to get him.

i show constant public interest in him and after 2 seasons he finnally became unsettled. i was hoping that as he entered his last year - the 4th year of my pursuit he wouldnt sign a new deal, but alas! he signs a years extension at barca.

but being the persistant manager i am i grit my teeth and get back out in the press stating my awe in his ability and emphasising my interest in him. i start puting in high offers through october - after all he becomes available for a free soon enough - however barca seem confident that he will sign again, and anyway im never going to put up the 94 million they demanded.

as december rolls on i feel the cold with tough away games at hull and newcastle - both ending in defeat. christmas passes and so does new year. 3rd January i enter negotiations with messi over a 115,000 p/w deal. Barca scramble their resources and put in their own offer - but at last! - Messi agreees to sign on the 1st July. I put my laptop on the dinner table and jump for joy as my pursuit has ended in success.

i spend the next months concentrating on league glory but cannot contain my excitement at the prospect of messi and i feel it with the fans aswell. we slumped in the final games as the squad wore thin and came in 2nd.

1st July Messi signs, fans are jubilant over my new signing and i await the start of the next campaign.

(my point to this is simply that as much as we complain about the transfer system i find it so very rewarding when it works, when you pull off that signing)

henry tompson III

Don't call me pathetic. He's talking crap. It's basically impossible to sign Messi.

It's really not, when his release clause lowers to around £40m after a few seasons he'll go to another big club. I signed him for Liverpool after 4 or 5 seasons like this.

Don't call me pathetic. He's talking crap. It's basically impossible to sign Messi.

I got him for Chelsea in season four, he signed a new contract with a 28 Million get out clause, he signed for me a week later...I did the same for Ramo's he came for 32 million in season three and Silva 32 million season three xmas transfer period.

No player is impossible to sign, maybe Adebayor as I have tried desperately to get him from the word "go" and five seasons in he still won't budge.

Fernando Torres seems impossible to sign.. but then again ive only done 6 seasons he may go later, i think its mainly because he loves liverpool though so won't leave... also ibrahimovic i've found hard to sign... every year he says he would be interested i start putting bids in but by the time ive done that he signs new deal and decides he doesn't want to leave and now he's getting too old anyway hehe. (although i could have signed him for like £150 mill in 2nd season but no way am i paying ridiculous price like that!)

I have used a similar method to sign the slightly less glamorous Michael Johnson from Man City to Man U. Took 3 seasons of constant bombardment and refusal to pay their 35 mil fee. I eventually got him for 20 mil but it felt great when I got him. Turns out he has been worth every penny with 77 assists in 130 games.

michael johnson seems great at assists

first season fro my liverpool i started 5 came on as a sub 20 times and got 13 assists.

Archived