[FM 2016] USA 8 Tiers with No MLS Salary Cap

DOWNLOAD 2.2

1.0 (OLD): Here is a 8 tier setup for the American leagues. I removed almost all of the restrictions on the MLS and created relegation and promotion from the MLS all the way down to the 8th tier. The lower tiers were edited and aren't like real life a lot of the time, but it gives you the opportunity to play in a large tier system in the United States. Most are the same, but the third tier has been combined into one league instead of two conferences.

All available US teams are used in this file. If you have any feedback, recommendations or bugs let me know. A major thing I'm looking into is financial rewards for winning leagues, but it doesn't seem to be required.

2.0: A new version is now ready. The patch notes below describe the changes. Like before, let me know if you find any bugs or errors. The U-18 leagues still aren't perfect, I only have U-18 leagues for top 3 leagues, but all U-18 teams still have youth intake. I think it works well and I'm satisfied, but of course will update if there's something wrong. Play away!

Current: 2.2

Changelog:

- MLS and all of it's dumb restrictions replaced with American Premier League (no draft, etc.)

- Reshuffling of teams throughout a few leagues, nothing major.

- Editing of relegations and promotions, NPSL's playoff wasn't working and I decided to get rid of it as it's not required.

- Prize money changed for all leagues (mostly top 3) since the MLS no longer pays for players, meaning teams will actually need some cash to exist.

- CONCACAF Champion's League qualifications are changed, allowing for more countries to get in. (Not sure if this works)

- CONCACAF Champion's League now gets prize money similar to Europa League but slightly higher, but not even close to UEFA Champion's League.

- Everyone now has a U-18 team to replace serious problems with no youth intake before.

- CONCACAF qualifications now are based off of country's ranking. (Not sure if this actually works yet, but it seems accurate)

- Regional divisions have not and will not be fixed due to the extreme amount of effort required to add all of that and I don't feel like it's worth it. It works fine if you don't care that a team from California is playing in a midwestern division.

- Various other changes I can't remember off the top of my head.

2.1: Fixed error on U-18s (hopefully) and PDL's lack of a complete schedule. New Steam Link below.

2.2 (Current): (Same steam link, if you already subscribed to formerly 2.1 you'll get the update automatically)

Changelog:

-U-18 fixes allowing leagues for almost every division: NPSL and PDL still are buggy, but everyone still gets youth intake (the most important thing imo).

-Fixed issue with prize money for the APL. The 2nd place team got money for 2nd place and 20th place because I type something in wrong, oops. It's fixed now.

Steam (2.2): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719237332

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am doing a complete overhaul. I despise the MLS, so the MLS will be gotten rid of and replaced with a European style top division. I also am fixing numerous errors beyond that as well as the destruction of academies to be replaced with U-18 teams for everyone. The academies were too hard to balance with no youth intake for smaller teams, the draft, extra MLS rules, etc. I decided to get rid of all of it. I'll post the update soon, but it will be much better.

The only thing I need to figure out is concacaf champions league qualification as I've replaced the MLS with the American Premier League but can't seem to figure out how to get teams qualified for concacaf without having to rebuild the entire champion's league.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717017365

If anyone has any experience with the editor, please use the link above and the editor to ensure the correct number of teams from the US (American Premier League) get qualified for the CONCACAF champions league. I have no idea why it has been experiencing issues doing so and I've tried everything. (DO NOT PLAY THE GAME USING THAT LINK IT'S NOT READY YET)

I fixed the problem, so a brand new version of this will be coming out later today (hopefully).

Changes from 1.0:

- MLS and all of it's dumb restrictions replaced with American Premier League (no draft, etc.)

- Reshuffling of teams throughout a few leagues, nothing major.

- Editing of relegations and promotions, NPSL's playoff wasn't working and I decided to get rid of it as it's not required.

- Prize money changed for all leagues (mostly top 3) since the MLS no longer pays for players, meaning teams will actually need some cash to exist.

- CONCACAF Champion's League qualifications are changed, allowing for more countries to get in. (Not sure if this works)

- CONCACAF Champion's League now gets prize money similar to Europa League but slightly higher, but not even close to UEFA Champion's League.

- Everyone now has a U-18 team to replace serious problems with no youth intake before.

- CONCACAF qualifications now are based off of country's ranking. (Not sure if this actually works yet, but it seems accurate)

- Regional divisions have not and will not be fixed due to the extreme amount of effort required to add all of that and I don't feel like it's worth it. It works fine if you don't care that a team from California is playing in a midwestern division.

- Various other changes I can't remember off the top of my head.

A new version is now ready. The previous patch notes above describe the changes. Link in first post changed, but if you're too lazy to check there the steam link is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719158618

Like before, let me know if you find any bugs or errors. The U-18 leagues still aren't perfect, I only have U-18 leagues for top 3 leagues, but all U-18 teams still have youth intake. I think it works well and I'm satisfied, but of course will update if there's something wrong. Play away!

I loaded this up to check it out, play a short save. But selecting FC Wichita in the NPSL, the team has no stadium, even with adding staff and players on the start screen there's only one staff member available for hire, a HoYD (and that's with unticking "realistic transfers"). So I can't hire any staff. I like the pyramid structure, but it's currently unplayable.

Podunkboy, there's not much I can do except add a ton of staff manually, which I don't really want to do as it's not too big of a deal. Think of it as a challenge in the first season. Make sure you don't have the "don't add key staff" button checked. Yes, I do recommend adding players too.

This little thing is far from making it "unplayable". The no stadium thing is the same thing, but most teams will build a stadium after a year anyway. To me I'm pretending the league literally just transitioned from the real life status, and all of a sudden teams have to find qualified coaches and expand stadiums at the lower levels, but it takes time for that to be found.

Thank you for the response too. Anyone else try it out and have thoughts? I'm curious. I've been playing it as I made it for myself but decided to go public, and I think it's a ton of fun. There's the kinks like the coaches thing, but they smooth out.

Looks like a fun file. I really like how you were able to keep the Lamar Hunt cup and added prize money. I just have a few questions:

1. The new APL is approximately on the same level as the old MLS, right? Have MLS teams been edited to make them 'stronger'? By that I mean from a financial perspective, reputation, or better facilities.

2. This may be nothing but I selected all leagues to be playable. When I go to a PDL 'Rules' page where it lists the rules of a competition, it says the top however many teams get promoted to the NPSL. Clicking on the NPSL link leads me to the a historical section but not a page with standings like all the other leagues would. It looks as it would I didn't select the league to be playable (I double checked, I did). That being said, if I take over an NPSL team I can see the teams/standings easily.

So I guess my question is are teams promoted and relegated correctly from the PDL -> NPSL -> USL? I assume this is just FM being wonky on my end but I want to be sure before I enter a long term save.

Good questions!

I really wanted to add prize money for Lamar Hunt and make it really good for everyone :).

1. The APL is the top division like the MLS one was. The teams have significant financial strengthening through large prize money that I feel reflect the strength of the league (I compared it to leagues across the world) as well as a default payment of television for everyone across the league. The prize money starts at $70 million for the winner and steadily decreases to $20 million for the lowest ranked team. There are lesser prize money winnings for the First Division (just below the APL) and the USL.

2. What you are experiencing is that I don't have any specific NPSL team regions going to a specific PDL division and vice versa as I don't have the regional splits down completely and it'd take a ton of time. It works, so don't worry about that. If you get promoted from the PDL you go to the NPSL but it could be any division. I may change that in the future if I feel like it.

So in summary for 2, yes promotion and relegation works perfectly fine. You clicking on NPSL itself leads to the parent division, which technically isn't actually a competition beyond holding the 4 NPSL sub divisions.

Updated to 2.2:

Changelog:

-U-18 fixes allowing leagues for almost every division: NPSL and PDL still are buggy, but everyone still gets youth intake (the most important thing imo).

-Fixed issue with prize money for the APL. The 2nd place team got money for 2nd place and 20th place because I type something in wrong, oops. It's fixed now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah  yes I saw that after I posted.  I just had the bad luck to not get selected with my lower league manager.  I also modified this slighly for myself in renaming a few teams, I also did make the awards for the top 3 tiers at least.  Now if i can just get promoted out of this crazy NPSL division.  (32 teams,  62 matches)   Season has 20 matches left and the top 4 teams have over 100 points each. 

• 5 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I've downloaded a new database, and I did click on the link here, subscribe to it, but when I go into the game and click on "downloads", and I go to the Steam Workshop tab, this database file isn't showing? Just need steps on the process of getting this loaded into my game. Thanks!

Archived