Why does this game hate me!

Currently had a long spell away from FM but i have returned to it after a few months and i immediately remembered why i stopped playing the game is full of rubbish! i am sorry but its so obvious that the game has been decided before the match has even been played. I just played Crystal Palace and the game had clearly decided i was going to lose, i go 1-0 in the first half, i make some changes and i pull it back to 1-1. Then i get a penalty, i shoot and i hit the post and the ball bobbles to the taker who instead of burying the rebound just stands there like an idiot and lets the Palace clear. I then get another penalty and what happens THE SAME THING AGAIN! The balls hits the post and bobbles to the taker who STANDS THERE! Then we have 4 minutes of injury time where Palace score the luckiest goal ever seen and i lose. Its so frustrating it makes me want to throw the mouse out of the window, this is the reason i didnt buy FM16 (still playing FM15), this is the reason why i havent played since October last year! Its so frustrating that there is no mystery in who is going to win the game

Currently had a long spell away from FM but i have returned to it after a few months and i immediately remembered why i stopped playing the game is full of rubbish! i am sorry but its so obvious that the game has been decided before the match has even been played. I just played Crystal Palace and the game had clearly decided i was going to lose, i go 1-0 in the first half, i make some changes and i pull it back to 1-1. Then i get a penalty, i shoot and i hit the post and the ball bobbles to the taker who instead of burying the rebound just stands there like an idiot and lets the Palace clear. I then get another penalty and what happens THE SAME THING AGAIN! The balls hits the post and bobbles to the taker who STANDS THERE! Then we have 4 minutes of injury time where Palace score the luckiest goal ever seen and i lose. Its so frustrating it makes me want to throw the mouse out of the window, this is the reason i didnt buy FM16 (still playing FM15), this is the reason why i havent played since October last year! Its so frustrating that there is no mystery in who is going to win the game

Good to see you are familiar with the rules of football.

It baffles me that people who have enough interest in football to buy FM do not know some of the basics from the laws of the game.

FWIW, the penalty taker isn't allowed to touch the ball after the shot before someone else does. So saves off the keeper is fine; shots rebounding against the post he has to leave. It's a rule in football. It's not the game and the game can't hate you.

It baffles me that people who have enough interest in football to buy FM do not know some of the basics from the laws of the game.

Really? I even see plenty of instances of people who have enough interest in football to be involved in it in a professional capacity, i.e. players, coaches, journalists, who do not know some of the basics of the laws of the game. Many of them have never looked at the rule book or learned from anyone who has, they just play by the rules of custom.

Maybe I expect too much, have to admit that I've won friendly bets with a couple of ref's due to them not knowing the laws so I guess you're right.

Maybe I expect too much, have to admit that I've won friendly bets with a couple of ref's due to them not knowing the laws so I guess you're right.

Neil Warnock is a fully qualified ref, and l imagine he'd have done a rage quit on FM for similar reasons.

Wow! i didnt realise i had to know all the rules of football to buy FM! Try getting off you getting off your high horse and actually come down to the level of us fans! I doubt that a lot of people actually knew that rule but you all act like you have read the rulebook from start to finish and know every rule off by heart. Are the devs too busy reading the rulebooks to fix the broken AI and poor hit detection!

Wow! i didnt realise i had to know all the rules of football to buy FM! Try getting off you getting off your high horse and actually come down to the level of us fans! I doubt that a lot of people actually knew that rule but you all act like you have read the rulebook from start to finish and know every rule off by heart. Are the devs too busy reading the rulebooks to fix the broken AI and poor hit detection!

All of that is rabid froth.

I certainly don't pretend to know every rule of football, but l do happen to know THAT particular rule. If you feel a bit embarrassed for not knowing it until after your initial rant that's understandable, but that isn't the fault of anyone else.

I know that rule, and I expect most people do, but I'll admit I might not have thought of it and might very well be enraged too, would it have happened in a game I was playing.

You did start a thread to rant about a match engine event without knowing the laws of the game, sometimes you have to take the mickey taking on the chin & laugh it off.

Archived