Run football manager twice?

It would run so so so slowly so no!

Depends on the system

When I got my quad core processor and SLI GTX 280's I fired up Oblivion, Bioshock and FEAR at the same time to see what happened. They all run pretty smoothly and I could alt-tab between them quickly. So two instances of FM would be no problem ;)

I think you probably could, if you had 2 hard drives... I have an internal and external hard drive, and I remember installing a game on normally and then doing it again but onto my external one and I was able to open up both at the same time. Obv. this just takes up twice as much room, but thisis all I can think of. Whether this would work with FM I don't know.

So two instances of FM would be no problem ;)

It would be a big problem, seeing as FM only allows one instance :D

Seriously though, I do a similar thing, I generally have FM running as I do some holiday games while I play another game like Oblivion.

I think you probably could, if you had 2 hard drives... I have an internal and external hard drive, and I remember installing a game on normally and then doing it again but onto my external one and I was able to open up both at the same time. Obv. this just takes up twice as much room, but if you really want to play two then I think it could well work. Whether this would work with FM I don't know.

But when a game is installed it adds a record of it to the registry, along with the path to which drive it is installed on. This stops you from installing a game twice

Of course you could always copy and paste the files elsewhere, but I don't think it would let you open it up twice cause the task manager will still know you have one instance of FM open...

But if you say it works, then I guess I'm wrong.

If you have a very fast computer (and I mean very fast, as the method I'm going to give you will ensure the second process will have very slow I/O), download Sandboxie and you can run the second one inside a sandbox. You'll have to increase the file size of the files to be migrated, though as the save files are several hundred megabytes large - I'm not sure if you have to buy Sandboxie in this case.

Of course, Sandboxie's not designed for people who want to run multiple instances of games so there's some obvious drawbacks, but it's a method.

Or you could try what I suspect might work - copy and paste FM.exe and rename one to a different name.

just have two seperate pc's freindo
Yes there is. Just run a virtual PC. Then install FM on the Virtual PC and hey presto!

Basically these are your 2 options lol. Have 2 PCs or Pc and laptop and have screen next to each other.. or you could set up a virtual machine to run i would probably get an instance of XP in your virtual machine if your on Vista as I'm pretty sure it would struggle to run two versions of vista simultaneously!

Archived