[FM16] Fiorentin-o? Never heard of them! A copycat youth challenge

smp20

Fiorentino.jpg

F.C.Fiorentino: A Sammarinese Youth Challenge

So here goes, (yet another) youth challenge in San Marino! A big thank you to Jupjamie and Makoto Nakamura who have given me the inspiration to share my own save. I have opted for a different team - Fiorentino. They are one of two teams that start with basic youth recruitment instead of limited and they have just one trophy to their name back in 1992. Having done a San Marino challenge back on FM13, they have one of my old favourites in their ranks, Juri Biordi.

SfAuGZe.png

tOs115d.png

We ground share with fierce rivals Tre Fiori, also from the tiny town/village of Fiorentino which has just 2,000 inhabitants. Our 'stadium' is the biggest in the country apart from the NT stadium. Below, meet Juri Biordi, the best player at the club and our only full international.

xeuVTcv.png

jsJVuVb.png

Our other 'star' players are striker Emanuele Vicini who will be expected to lead the line, Enea Jaupi who will one of our key creators with a bit of pace and high flair, while Maiani and Marchetti bolster our decent back line. Overall, I think it's a reasonable squad to start with, despite being predicted to finish 10/15.

3wbnXXa.png

Last but not least, this is my manager profile. I've started with a UEFA B Licence and Sunday League Rep, as well as starting with Sammarinese nationality to give me more of a chance of getting the NT job in the future. I have already completed 5 seasons whilst taking screenshots along the way, so it will be recapping as I go along before finally catching up with where I am in the game, which is August 2020. I hope you enjoy the read!

2016.jpg

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Youth Intake 2016

JdfV0fD.png

From this screenshot it looks like a great youth intake, though you always have to bear in mind the low comparative CA of our current first team.

U1YmHGI.png

Our best prospect is winger Andrea Colonna 16A, who I am actually quite excited about. He's rubbish technically, but he has great physicals and he is an aggressive, hard-working team player. He should do well in this league.

Antonio Brunetti 16B - another player to be happy about, again he has a bit of pace and isn't terrible at anything specific to his position. Also, he fits our system nicely as I use a lone defensive forward.

Luca Valentini 16C - centre back with decent CA and PA.

Marco Morganti 16D - looks terrible, but the assistant really rates his potential highly.

Nico Francesconi 16E - will be an okay back up keeper.

Alberto Di Biagi 16F - I actually really like the look of this guy, he has some good attributes in the right places for a standard defensive mid.

Pierpaolo Caputo 16G - worth a tag as he has some ok attributes and can cover both wings.

Thomas Gennari 16H - we are lacking in defensive depth so may get some game time despite lacking in quality.

Overall, I am very happy with my first intake, a good stepping stone for the future!

Best of luck smp :DJuri Biordi is still at Fiorentino on my save having made 250 league appearances but he is now 35 and a half also..

Cheers :D - Biordi must be a Fiorentino legend then? I'm not sure he will be first choice for me by then, at least I hope not!

D46fxKS.png

League Table ~ Champions Play-offs ~ San Marino Cup

A surprisingly successful first season, mainly thanks to a very mean defence. Another team that sprung a surprise were San Giovanni, who first beat us in the Major Semi but we managed to beat them in the all important final game to be crowned champions :D Look what a terrible season Juvenes / Doganes had! The title favourites Folgore / Falciano had a good league campaign but crumbled under the pressure in the play-offs.

rNDkROg.png

This is how the squad did throughout the season, a few players did a lot better than expected. Enea Jaupi was brilliant but suffered a serious injury :(. We are looking in a decent financial position where we are making money rather than losing it which is always a good start. As expected, the SM teams did rubbish in Europe.

Not even on the Favoured Personnel - You should have both Elia and Daniele in your side though :) Also a good first intake!

Wow, he must have performed pretty badly to not even get on there despite playing so many seasons. I certainly do have both of those and Daniele is an icon while Elia is favoured personnel in 2020, so at least there are some similarities.

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

European Games 2016

EbYlats.png

IiuMlHf.png

qMfco3E.png

tT4brFn.png

Opm9LaI.png

We did so much better than I ever expected! We were drawn a tricky first round tie against Estonian champions Levadia but we managed to make the most of our home advantage in the first leg. We continued to defend very well in the away tie to grab a 0-0 draw and a place in the 2nd qualifying round. Here we managed an incredible 1-1 draw against Malmo in Sweden, a result that (at least in my head) stunned European football. We weren't able to repeat the result back home, but we kept it competitive. In both games we were under the cosh and it could have been a different story. Instead, we had a very memorable first CL campaign.

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Youth Intake 2017

pGexFuE.png

5 players with 4-5* potential and two players who start with 2* CA. Not bad!

GS31NJe.png

Massimo Lividini 17A is the pick of the bunch this year. He may not look all that at first glance, but he has attributes of 6/7 in all of the key areas which are good for this level and hopefully he has the potential to push some of these in to double figures.

Elia Lenti 17B - attacking midfield is a place we are lacking in quality so it was great to get a player with pace and reasonable shadow striker attributes for the role.

Marco Simoncini 17C - another good DM prospect :)

Federico Gennari 17D - a big centre back, always good to have a player that's good in the air!

Matteo Ceccoli 17E - looking back I have no idea why he is tagged, looks rubbish even if he was seen to have high potential!

Claudio Bonini 17F - worth a tag but will be overshadowed by the DMs in front of him.

Once more a youth intake to be happy with, keep them coming please!

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

2016/17 Season Overview

First of all, sorry I thought I had taken more SS this season but I hadn't, I am missing the season overview and of our new youth setup which I believe at this stage was at basic junior coaching and basic youth recruitment. We also got upgrades to our facilities accepted after raking in the CL money. Back onto the season, and I am please to say that we were able to retain the title! It wasn't quite as the first season mostly because I think teams are starting to setup differently against us, but a couple of rounds of penalties and a 1-0 win in the final was enough to win it. Unfortunately we were knocked out by Pennarossa in the cup, who proved to be a tricky opponent throughout the season.

zhCIPLj.png

For the second season running the SM league dropped in the reputation rankings :(

DlxQO3l.png

But on a bright note we made the top 500!

As an additional note, I noticed that lots of my youngsters with good determination were losing it very quickly, I think that it's because our first team has lots of players with low determination so the overall squad personality is lacking it and it was influencing our youngsters :/

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

European Games 2017

LThxpsE.png

We managed to beat the Estonian champions for the second year running in the 1st qualifying round. However, Legia were far too strong for us thrashing us 5-1 in Poland and a respectable 1-0 loss on our home (artificial) turf.

Youth Intake 2018

1Jqie7Z.png

That exciting moment when you see a player who is already deemed one of the best in the club!

uABY97s.png

And that excitement is warranted when you see the player!!! Matteo Fiorini 18A looks set to have a fantastic career for club and country, excellent all round attributes.

Federico Zonzini 18B - a striker with 14 finishing is never a prospect to turn your nose at.

Giuseppe Valentini 18C - a pacey, versatile left-sided player.

Federico Vennerucci 18D - hmm...

Marco Muccioli 18E - 5 handling? not sure why I tagged him...

The depth in this intake may not have been great, but Fiorini I bloody love you!!

well blimey, that's a load of San Marino for one to be excited :D definitely following, since i am also a copycat of jupjamie, but without a thread myself :D

Haha thanks Marios! How far are you into your save?

iUmEC1m.png

League Table ~ Champions Play-off ~ San Marino Cup

We may have finished with less points that either of our last two seasons, but all that matters is that we did it in the key games. What's more, we were able to win the final against fierce rivals Tre Fiori despite losing to them in a previous round on penalties. We had a fantastic cup run and managed to get our own back against Pennarossa by beating them in the final.

zi9Ou7l.png

San Marino is slowly climbing back up the reputation tables, any climb is good news. As a club we climbed 72 places thanks to our emergence in Europe.

Ybyq8XW.png

Even better news! On top of this, we are now the most reputable side in San Marino (as you'd expect after 3 consecutive titles).

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

European Games 2018

w6BT7y2.png

We blitzed the 1st qualifying round by beating the Andorran champs. I feared the worst when we were drawn against giants Dinamo, however we did a lot better than expected holding them to a 0-0 draw at home and only losing 2-0 away from home. Very happy with the way we performed in Europe this season!

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Youth Intake 2019

JaWjwWJ.png

This is how our setup looked come youth intake day. Respectable average junior coaching and as expected no movement with the youth recruitment, much better than being stuck on limited though! Believe it or not, we have had upgrades to our training and youth facilities. It seems that Basic training facilities is one up from Poor, while for youth facilities Poor is one up from Basic.

iHeOu4G.png

Wow, a really good prospect and loads of players with 1* CA or more. Looks promising!

vR24DSU.png

Our star this year is Stefano Casadei 19A who looks like he's really going to bolster our defence. He might lack attacking prowess, but he is brilliant defensively and has a ''Professional'' personality to go with it.

Federico Ciacci 19B - 2.5* CA and some good attributes for a centre back. A nice addition.

Federico Bianchi 19C - a 6'6'' beast!!

Giorgio Ferraro 19D - we seem to be good at producing decent, if not spectucular, DMs.

Paolo Bugli 19E - if I can get his pace up I can see him being a right back option.

Massimo Casadei 19F - a physical striker who could do a job.

Michael Zanotti 19G - will be in the shadow of Casadei, but has good FB attributes.

Andrea Rosti 19H - we could do with a good GK, but I'm not sure this guy's the answer.

Valeriano De Blasi 19I - lacks high potential, but they could be wrong and he's pacey!

Don't think I've ever tagged so many players in an intake :eek:

Jmqq9cs.png

League Table ~ Champions Play-off ~ San Marino Cup

A much more dominant campaign where we lost just two domestic games. Once in the league, and again in the major semi-final. Luckily we made up for this and re-tained our title and the cup again.

HULnT6i.png

It may not seem much, but this it more than double what it started as :)

LtR2Kgw.png

Climbing back up to a respectable position.

a1ZRXoA.png

There's no stopping us, we're into the top 400 :brock:

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

European Games 2019

FYxqDuq.png

A very similar campaign to previous seasons. We managed to beat Progres of Luxembourg, but fell at the 2nd hurdle yet again to Dinamo. At least we are keeping it competitive!

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Youth Intake 2020

dvs28hE.png

Ooohh potentially a great striker...

8hukOD0.png

Yesss!!! A great addition, exactly what I want from my strikers! Will be interesting to see how much he can grow.

Davide Rinaldi 20B - a centre back with height and pace, a very rare combo in San Marino.

Davide Casadei 20C - completing a trio of what I feel are very good prospects, Casadei will become our 2nd choice AMC.

well i have 3 san marino saves running, the longest is with Virtus at 2030, where i have a powerhouse with a few high CA-PA players. I also have one with fiorentino at the end of season 2 and one with a created club, which is my main right now!

Stop, you guys make me blush :D

Superb start so far, smp! Unstoppable in the league, faring pretty well in Europe and some nice players coming through in the intakes.

Thanks, really enjoying it so far, nice to have some good early intakes adds that bit of motivation!

well i have 3 san marino saves running, the longest is with Virtus at 2030, where i have a powerhouse with a few high CA-PA players. I also have one with fiorentino at the end of season 2 and one with a created club, which is my main right now!

Oohhh interesting, what players did you start with at the created club? Fiorentino's players?

at the created club i assigned random players from the league, and thankfully i was awarded with a powerful, for sanmarinese standards, team. i also created my 2 wonderboys, each with a PA of 120, just to make things spicier :D

MMUoIL2.png

We are really starting to be a real dominant force in domestic football. Our squad is far from brilliant and we have some weak areas such as right-back and goalkeeper, but we have some good individuals who are doing the business for us. Here is my current first 11:

ZRx5aCl.png

He didn't even get a tag originally (now got 17Z as a tag), but he really is as good as it gets for our keepers after I released our 0.5* original keeper.

yWu3pq4.png

He may look rubbish, but he has always performed well for us. He hasn't improved at all since the 21-year-old version we got at the start.

xb1q5Yu.png

One of my faves, but his place will be under pressure due to the young CBs coming through. He has lost his determination :(

nISEmLu.png

The first of the new crop of CB's, Ciacci is good in the air and dependable. Let's hope his development continues.

biR6HNQ.png

Stefano is improving rapidly and has been class, at just 17 he is one of the best players at the club.

UseRNwf.png

He is now the club captain and has been brilliant in the DM role. Unfortunately had just 19 he has reached his peak already.

F4Ik0kn.png

One of a few original players left, he has been a great performer in the RPM role, mainly due to his pace.

0X4KuXJ.png

Our best player! Matteo is a class above the rest of the league. I hope he can continue to develop.

5KdvML5.png

The star player from our first intake, Colonna has become a club legend already.

u9hQSi5.png

Despite being low rated, Lenti has performed very well as a shadow striker for us. New AMC Casadei will pressure his place.

YouJrSe.png

I really like Brunetti and he had a great season, it was his first season of being our main no.9 after Vicini retired (now a member of staff) and I feel sorry for him as he may lose his place very soon to Terenzi.

Miscellaneous

JxJpfum.png

Atletico are the best side in Europe after getting back to back Champions League wins.

1aQMbUm.png

Great improvement once again from the Sammarinese League - Pennarossa became the first professional team in May 2020.

0YXbCxb.png

Into the top 300 as a club, get in :D hopefully we will start getting seeded.

OsTbRb7.png

We will soon start straight from the 2nd round. This will only be worth it if we are seeded in some way.

36eee1e3abc4a85b511aa214cbbddbbd.png

Our facilities are looking very good for this level. I doubt I will go for any more facility upgrades as I think the money will be better saved towards turning professional.

at the created club i assigned random players from the league, and thankfully i was awarded with a powerful, for sanmarinese standards, team. i also created my 2 wonderboys, each with a PA of 120, just to make things spicier :D

Always nice to do something a bit different, especially in San Marino. I remember once there was a world class player spawned from San Marino in one of my saves, was a centre back with 19/20 in lots of key attributes. Unfortunately he was the only one with any ability and San Marino remained awful, but it was interesting to track his career.

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

European Matches 2020

jsxM3CL.png

nk8vqyF.png

YVbfrGG.png

:D:D:D

BATE seem to struggle against SM sides across the saves :p. After comfortably beating Santa Julia of Andorra in the first round, I saw the draw and expected that this would be another season we'd be knocked out in the second round. My team had other ideas, and after narrowly winning 2-1 at home we held them to a 2-2 draw in Borisov to get through to the third qualifying round for the first time. I wasn't expecting this, it was against all odds. An excellent draw away from home against the Finnish champions, we crumbled in the home leg. I expected Sociedad to beat us by more in the EL play-off but we gave a good account of ourselves despite not scoring. Overall, a fantastic European campaign which will be remembered for years to come!

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Youth Intake 2021

lbw4qXp.png

No players with high current ability but a few with good potential. Lets take a look...

dhlslN5.png

Morganti is the best of the bunch and he has some nice attributes. He will need to be re-trained to AMC.

Michelotti 21B - another CB to throw into the mix.

Sebastiani 21C - not amazing attributes, but high potential and we can't be too fussy with our GKs.

Vallone 21D - we like our DMs here, some nice starting attributes too!

Overall, a decent intake if not spectacular!

I'm loving the popularity of the 3 Sammarinese threads.

Good luck. :thup:

Yes I'm loving it too :D thanks, end of season update to come.

wFet9X0.png

League Table ~ Champions Play-off ~ San Marino Cup ~ Facilities ~ Finances

I have no idea what the "Sammarinese Football Daily" are on about. A disappointing season? *Scratches head*. We won the title with record points losing just one game in the process, and we demolished teams in the play-offs and cup. Our junior coaching is now good and we have a cool £1.5m in the bank. On that note:

GYnSm5g.png

:D A step in the right direction! I can only offer non-contracts at the moment and some of our best players won't agree to them so I doubt I will bother offering unless clubs bid for players as a way to keep hold of them.

OYj7pMe.png

3wlBaUN.png

Movement upwards again, meaning that:

8mA0yoI.png

Not bad for a league with 13 amateur and 2 semi-pro sides.

e452a916d8cbe9dd539d132a1653dead.png

:eek: We took Maribor to extra time and low and behold Juri Biordi grabs a winner from a corner. And:

54ca3a7bd75934157d5c6cde561ba432.png

It's been a good week :) Legia up next in the 3rd qualifying round.

39206c8826299e7eddee82044d247002.png

We held it tight right up until the last 1/3 of the game, where they eventually dispatched us. Our journey isn't over just yet though, we face Pacos Ferreira in the EL Play-off.

650f2b4c76456e71ca2c7901429e72a4.png

An outstanding first leg, helped along the way by a missed penalty. All we need to do is keep it tight at home and not conceded too many.

8548c235baa04f3ac9ac55cb4a6bde75.png

I can't see us getting any points but I couldn't care less. I never thought we'd be in the groups in 2021. We've now got nearly £4mil in the bank.

Bloomin 'eck, well done on making it to the groups already :applause:

Cheers, really not what I was expecting. I thought we'd do well to be there by the 2030s!

I've barely paid any notice to the national team, but they just got a 0-0 draw with Albania and I saw this gem:

7a1c3a368b2bf78dda9cf94e2f3c07b8.png

An impressive youngster! San Marino (club) found their way to Serie C, so I have added in the Italian leagues to see how they get on.

Cheers jupjamie. Im using Claasens update?

Edit: just looked at your thread and you're using Claassens also. Strange with the TV money, has it always stayed the same?

It fluctuates based on the league ranking, but I don't think it's ever gone above 15k. Our league is still only ranked 189th which is really weird, considering I'm assuming our nation coefficient is higher than it is on your saves. We were at 165th recently, but in the 125 years I've been going I don't think it's ever gotten as high as you've gotten it at 133rd. I wonder if mine's bugged out for some reason...

Hmmm, maybe there is more fluctuation in the first 10-20 seasons? The TV Money has always been a bit buggy for added leagues.

Hmmm, maybe there is more fluctuation in the first 10-20 seasons? The TV Money has always been a bit buggy for added leagues.

I think it's more to do with the league ranking - ours has never really gone above 160 (I don't think), which doesn't make sense considering you've both already overtaken that.

The only kind of reason i could think is that in the future the reps are more stable and its harder to rise or fall? Other than that, im not sure :/

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Europa League Campaign 2021

c69b081d8a0321e90300595074fdb585.png

It's safe to say that after the Play-off and our opener against Newcastle, normality was resumed. We fought bravely and scored 5 goals in total, but Brugge, Marseille and Newcastle were just too strong for us. I don't know when I will get to this stage again so I will look back on this season as a huge underdog success :)

Archived