Which Team Are You Managing In FM16

Not sure if this should be on the FM career updates section, but just generally wondering, who are you guys with on FM16 and a brief summary of how you're doing?

Just want to see, how your FM16 saves are going and who you are with?

You first. it's hardly fair to ask others to tell you about their game when you've not mentioned your own game.

You first. it's hardly fair to ask others to tell you about their game when you've not mentioned your own game.

Ok, that's fair enough then.

Managing Woking, in 2029. Won the conference. L2. JPT x 1 . Fa Cup x 4. Prem x 4. Champions League x 2. Super Cup x1. Com Shield x 2.

Just finishing my 3rd season with Stranraer, finished 9th in the Championship in successive seasons and stayed up via the play offs on both occasions. Pretty tough division if you're at a club with hardly any money or wage budget but surviving every season is keeping me interested in the save!

Im with Celtic trying to emulate Brendan Rodgers. Experimenting with some very attacking formations and 3 at the back. First time I've managed in Scotland it's quite enjoyable with the freedom you have

I managed Coventry for a few months and realized I liked FM15 better. Just another guy who has let down that once proud club.

/\ This.

On 16 I managed Bishop's Stortford, Stockport County and Glenavon and after playing 3 seasons I decided to stick with 15.

I started out with Brommapojkarna in Sweden. Eventually, I got frustrated with the board's reluctance to invest in the team, and took a job with Metz, who at the time was fighting relegation. It is now 2020, it's my second full season with Metz, and I've got them solidly mid-table in Ligue 1.

Currently at the start of the 22/23 season with Atletico madrid. Just completed by 2nd undefeated year in a row. The league is really getting worse. I keep strengthening but the other teams are really making bad investment choices. They keep selling their best players to English clubs and PSG.

I think there is something wrong with the spanish league because Barcelona and Real are only buying old players and refuse to invest in youth players. Their team now consist of 28+ year olds (mostly around 30) and then a huge gap to like 5 22 year old players who are really bad.

It's starting to affect my save since Barcelona did not make it through the group stages of the CL and our league has now dropped to third place and that is with me winning the CL 4 years in a row now.

I am managing Kjelsas, I am now in the Norwegian Premier league, I managed to win it last season but dropped like a stone this year :( I didn't reinvest like I should have...

There are some things that I enjoy about FM16 like you don't get as many job offers, it got very annoying in FM15 but the crossing bugs & defensive issues do put me off. The crossing/goals was such an issue, in the press conferences, they kept mentioning how many of my goals came from crosses lol!

Started off as Margate (my local team) in vss, took them into league 2 before struggling massively, and jumping ship to birmingham, who I've just led to a 3rd place finish in the prem.

1x vanarama south (Margate)

1x vanarama prem (Margate)

1x fa trophy (Margate)

1 x league cup (Birmingham)

Pen-y-Bont (Welsh side who I got after holidaying 1 season) in 2050 - winter update enabled.

30 or so League, FA Cup, League Cup

1 x Champions League (+ 1 final)

1 x Club World Cup

1 x Super Cup

1 x Europa League final

1 x Ballon D'Or winner

(All without a TV deal exceeding 400k a season, attendances under 1000 and prize money for all domestic cups/league under 500k each)

Only really missing a world cup winner (my French left winger and goalie lost the final to Belgium in 2050) and possibly the Europa League - lost in the final 1-0 to Real Madrid after tonking them 8-1 in the CL semis 2 years prior and 3-0 in the CL final the year before, tears.

I've had such a blast with it. Completely unedited database and no cheaty aspects to my gameplay. I almost gave up at multiple points as I thought I'd reached a ceiling. My next challenge with them is to build a squad of formidable youngsters to replace the current golden generation - I've already started selling some of them off to top sides in order to finance 10m+ bids for 17 year olds (my record is 30m for a 17 year old right winger). I always consider that the end game of my saves, to dismantle a winning side that I've developed over a long period and rebuild it.

Goal after that will be to get 5* reputation (we're the highest ranked 4* team at the moment) and try and break into the top 6 nations by coefficient - which is nails as my Welsh compatriots have a knack of losing on away goals in the playoffs for every European competition. TNS had a tycoon takeover only for him to withdraw funding after a year which is a kick in the balls - was hoping to have a duopoly in European quali, at the moment we have a different team every year joining us in the Champions League playoff/Europa league group battle. We don't win the cups every year now which is a big tell in how far the league has come, we can obviously outspend everyone but not to the extent that 22 world class players are sustainable, fighting on 4 or 5 fronts in a season means we are quite often easy pickings in the latter stages of the cups when we need to rest almost the entire team between Champions League knockout games.

Other goals are to see if I can get a new stadium - a helluva task considering the current ground expands to 14k, and only after winning the CL did my attendances break 1k, but I think with enough money it might be an argument I can win. I also want a wonderkid youth - we have probably had 20 full Welsh internationals come through our rank after building what is now the highest level of Training facilities/Youth facilities/Junior coaching - our recruitment network still has 2 levels to go and I'm unable to request it at present, which might be why the best I've had is around a 2* (my 3.5* and above are considered world class).

I went into this years FM thinking it would be my last ever FM game as I had found any fun challenge I set myself too easy - but this one has made me consider furthering my FM career and perhaps doing some stories/vids for the next game.

Some pretty good saves going, great finding out what teams others are managing, trying to get some inspiration on how to manage next, decided on Leiria, in the Portugal national championship, should be fun i hope.

I started my current game with Achilles 29 in Holland (2nd Division). I finished 6th with them and thought that I probably wouldn't be able to better that in my 2nd season. So I jumped ship to Heracles who had just avoided relegation. I managed to finish 5th in my first season. But because I had over-achieved, the next season I almost ended up in the relegation play-offs. From there I've had a 6th place finish and am currently 3rd with 7 games to go. So have a chance of Champions League qualification. I've been runner up in the Cup twice now too!

The interesting thing for me is that the big teams like PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord all seem to have seasons where they are stuck in mid table. Especially PSV. This has meant that Vitesse are the dominant team in my game, and definitely gives me a chance of getting into the Champions League.

Right now end of july 2024, managin 4 teams and 2 national teams. Dynamo Berlin took them from 3 level to bundesliga winning Bundesliga 3 times, Leicester winning Premier League 6 times 3 times second place, Man United and Barcelona. just got new job from England, took Denmark to quarterfinals European Championships 2024.

Boreham Wood - Started with back to back promotions from VNL to league one.. Now I've been there two seasons and really struggling! No money, no rep, nothing.. Frustrating but sometimes enjoyable..

Malmo FF - Winning the league every year and now I'm in season five and starting to get out of the CL group stages. But getting slapped around in the playoffs..

FM 2016 Jiangsu Suning in china . 12 matches into first season and currently lie 5th out of 16 teams P12 W6 D4 L2 enjoying it and the league has some very good foreigners but not alot of strength in depth. also foreigner rule can be a little difficult. Aim is to finish top 4 and get into Asian champions league next season ( dependent on chinese FA cup winner)Board only want a top half finish this season so looking good.

I am now at Sporting CP attempting to win a CL. This is after spells at Newcastle, FC Bayern, Gladbach, Galatasaray, Hannover, Levski, Lierse and FC Emmen - in reverse order. That includes 10 back to back Bundesliga wins with FC Bayern, one with an all German squad.

FSV Zwickau. I like doing lower league and moving up, and I like the German leagues because they have B teams. Using a mod that has leagues all the way down to level 6. Gained promotion from the Regionaliga Nordost the first year (and getting promotion from that level is a bear - one league winner, and then a playoff game against another league to get promotion) and challenging for a promotion spot in the 3rd league in the second year. I am broke.

Liverpool in online game with family/friends (seeking third consecutive title)

Kidderminster (started unemployed, and they gave me a job) when I am Billy (on my own); won Vanarama North in first season, just started second season.

Currently in season 2022/23. My 3rd season managing Stockport County. Previous season saw us finish 5th in the Vanarama National League. Following a 1st round playoff exit we're hoping for better this time around.

Liverpool. Barely survived the first season, then second season won the league and Europa but then after that really struggled to get any sort of consistency going and couldn't settle on a tactical approach. Then decided that controlling games and defending in this version is very tricky and just went for an attacking 442 and started to really blitz teams and pick up trophies. Scored over 100 league goals the past 3 seasons, it seems to be the only approach that I can get to work consistently.

7th season with Portsmouth, the dice choose them for me.

S1 league 2 winners

S2 league 1 runners up

S3 championship 9th

S4 championship winners

S5 premier 12th

S6 premier 7th, FA cup runners up, qualified for Europa league

Just finished my second season with Oxford City in the Conference South. First season we finished 8th, which slightly flattered us because we had a horrific middle of the season before picking it up at the end. Revamped the squad somewhat for the second season and instantly found myself in contention for the title. This turned into a likely playoff appearance due to Maidstone being unbeatable, before we subsequently choked the playoff spot away by not recording a win in any of our last six games, finishing 7th by conceding an 85th minute equalizer against Staines costing us 6th place and the final playoff spot. Fuming! Looked around a little to see if I could find a new club and despite a flurry of interviews, none of them took me on so I've decided to stay for a third season and see what we can do.

My current save, i was international manager of Uruguay, got bored. I was then offered the Crystal Palace job with 8 games left in the season in the relegation zone, kept them up. Left my international job.

So my first proper season with expectation to not get relegated, sold many deadwood, and cut down the age of my incredibly old squad, replaced them with some youth who did an excellent job. And if not for a loss to QPR on the final day would have made the europa league. And knocked out in the quarters of the FA Cup. So all in all a very good season.

Second season, finished the clearout of the deadwood, and continued the rejuvenation of the squad. Near January and in 4th and out in the 4th round in the league cup.

Plachy, nice detailed write up.

I'm Basingstoke from the beginning. Always host "The Dragon Cup" in the off season...

Basingstoke one of the lowest poorest teams in England, in the VNS.

Currently in 2022, played 360 games, won 179, drawn 106, lost 75. Goal Diff +176

Season #1 - 2016 VNS promoted via playoffs from VNS to VNL (manager of season 3rd place)

Season #2 - 2017 VNL 6th place finish

Season #3 - 2018 VNL 9th place finish

Season #4 - 2019 VNL promoted via playoffs from VNL to SkyBet 2 & FA Trophy Win (manager of year 1st place)

Season #5 - 2020 SB2 1st place winners (manager of year 1st place)

Season #6 - 2021 SB1 2nd place, back to back promotions 3 seasons in a row! (manager of year 1st place)

Season #7 - so far in 3rd place in the Championship after a very rocky start with players publicly losing confidence in me for underachieving, now all going well in February.... can the minnows from Basingstoke secure a 4th successive promotion, into the elite of the Premier League? Time will tell.... new stadium being built by the board as the 2,151 seater capacity is not enough (was 6k standing capacity in non-league), as well as new youth facilities.

My players are only now starting to get some transfer values so lots of wheeling and dealing, and only this season allowed to scout Europe. I'm sure my 100% domestic player bias will decrease ... Currently have 11 U21's from various countries, 3 from Wales.

Always looking for 5 star teens, as soon as their potentials start dropping I sell them off.

p.s. I LOVE FMT16!! :thup::thup:

Currently Arema Cronus FC of Indonesia, started unemployed/no badges with every league loaded.

Got my first job with Persekam, got them promoted and eventually won the title, got offered the Arema job, who had a 44k seater stadium, couldn't turn it down.

Won 2 consecutive titles, going for the third and then maybe moving on, we'll see...

Currently managing Oxford United.

First season - L2 winner

Second season - L1 winner

Third season - Promotion from Championship via play-offs (4th during regular season)

Fourth season(current) - competing in Premier League (4th in Feb)

Got a fantastic save with Paris FC starting in French Ligue 2.

After a long few months of little FM because of work commitments, i just couldn't get back into my previous save that i started on release day. So i decided to create a new save and treat it as a little 'summer project'. Started off at Stockport County in the VNN with lowest badges/experience and going to try eventually win the Champions League as a manager.

First season went well, winning the league. But not before i let an 18 point lead at the top slip to leave a nervy last 5 games...

Cardiff City, in the summer after the end of the 1st season.

Won the Championship comfortably although we had a blip in Feb/Mar which saw our 15pt lead at the top reduced to 7pts but then we kicked on again and won the league by 17pts.

We also won the FA Cup, beating West Ham 3-0 in the final and so have qualified for the Europa League :)

The board have given me £30m to spend which I am desperately trying not to!

GK Asmir Begovic and winger/striker Dries Mertens have been my main purchases, with a number of promising youngsters snapped up also.

Well, that was the plan until I also spent £8.5m on striker Zach Clough and then spotted Fernando Torres was available on a free.

So I now have 5 strikers at the club and have spent £21m. Oops :-/

Plachy, nice detailed write up.

I'm Basingstoke from the beginning. Always host "The Dragon Cup" in the off season...

Basingstoke one of the lowest poorest teams in England, in the VNS.

Currently in 2022, played 360 games, won 179, drawn 106, lost 75. Goal Diff +176

Season #1 - 2016 VNS promoted via playoffs from VNS to VNL (manager of season 3rd place)

Season #2 - 2017 VNL 6th place finish

Season #3 - 2018 VNL 9th place finish

Season #4 - 2019 VNL promoted via playoffs from VNL to SkyBet 2 & FA Trophy Win (manager of year 1st place)

Season #5 - 2020 SB2 1st place winners (manager of year 1st place)

Season #6 - 2021 SB1 2nd place, back to back promotions 3 seasons in a row! (manager of year 1st place)

Season #7 - so far in 3rd place in the Championship after a very rocky start with players publicly losing confidence in me for underachieving, now all going well in February.... can the minnows from Basingstoke secure a 4th successive promotion, into the elite of the Premier League? Time will tell.... new stadium being built by the board as the 2,151 seater capacity is not enough (was 6k standing capacity in non-league), as well as new youth facilities.

My players are only now starting to get some transfer values so lots of wheeling and dealing, and only this season allowed to scout Europe. I'm sure my 100% domestic player bias will decrease ... Currently have 11 U21's from various countries, 3 from Wales.

Always looking for 5 star teens, as soon as their potentials start dropping I sell them off.

p.s. I LOVE FMT16!! :thup::thup:

Season #7 2022 Championship 1st place winners! 4 promotions back to back.

Season #8 2023 About to start EPL, made France national manager too at same stage!

I am currently on my 2nd save of FM16 and i am managing East Fife in Scotland. Started off with no qualifications and sundy league footballer and won back to back leagues to the premier league and won Scottish hero achievment in the process. Currently in my 4th season and doing ok.

My first save I started off at my favourite club Dunfermline. I got them back to the premier league (where they belong) and became the dominant team in Scotland winning 10 league titles in a row before moving off to Fulham where I turned them into one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Left the game at pre-season 2033/34 to have a wee break.

Halfway through my 2nd season with Boca Juniors. Been playing since CM01/02 & realised that i'd never managed a club team from outside Europe! Looked at Brazil, but the State Championships are a massive drag. Carlos Tevez is an absolute goal machine

Also this year i've taken Stevenage to the Prem, Spurs to 3 consecutive Champs Lgs (2020/21/22) & did 4 years at AC Milan as well as taking England up to the 2022 WC, all in just 934 hours

Currently 2020 managing Arema in Indonesia after leaving Persekam to join them, won 3 titles on the bounce

Hoping to work my way to the top after starting unemployed with no badges

Had an interview at Suwon which is a massive step up but a Korean got preferred over me

Mine is an edited save...

I've reconstructed the Australian A-League and called it Australian Football League and grouped all Australian teams in the database into divisions based on their reputation... the higher the reputation the higher the division with promotion and relegation.

I've put Australia into Oceania because of philosophical reasons.

I've created my own club... Greola... a language lesson... Gre for Greek and Ola means all in Greek... English is based on Greek alphabet.

I've created nation rules based on philosophical reasons.

I've included and excluded features to try and make the game as simple as possible for match flow because I feel Football Manager can be heavy and feel like a boat that's bigger than the water it's meant to be floating on.

I load the custom database, start the game, and go on holidays.

Review seasons, make adjustments, and notice differences.

Managing FC Bari at the moment because last time I had an Italy save was in FM09. Been quite a challenge getting promoted but managed to go through playoffs. Now this seasons going to be more difficult considering pretty much half my squad from last season have left because they were loans from before I took over.

I'm in season 2024-25 just now. Started off with Truro, but halfway through the 2nd season, accepted the Stockport job. Led them to the Championship before taking over at Bochum in Germany's 2nd Division. Led them to the title in my first full season there, and I'm now sitting mid-table in the Bundesliga early in the following season. Really enjoying this save. Germany's good to manage in, as you don't really need a massive squad given there's only 34 league games and one cup competition.

Currently in the 17/18 season with Real Madrid.

Cristiano has won the World Player of the Year and Golden Shoe every year, playing up top in a 4-2-3-1. You know the expression "My Grandma could manage that team"? That's pretty much been the story with these Los Blancos. Added Marco Reus and Ilkay Gundogan to the squad and the offense has been explosive and have really coasted through all of the major cups. It's definitely not down to my managerial skills, lol, they've just been far superior to anything in La Liga. The league really got pillaged in the transfer market by the EPL.

Will be looking for a bigger challenge after this season, either with a new save or resigning.

Archived