Help! National team takes my players away

Hello everyone.

I'm managing Boca Juniors, on my third season, and i've had like 10 players taken away for international games, leaving my team destroyed for the next couple of reeeeally important games.

I don't really know what to do, i've only had 2 games against inferior teams and i was able to win, but i feel i'm going to get squashed when i face my next opponent, and for some positions i have to use some 18-year old terrible players i didn't even know i had.

Is there a way around this? I mean, they took 10 players away from me, but what if i managed, for example, Real Madrid? Basically the whole team plays for their national squad. Would i get all of my players taken away from me?

The game should allow you to request a postponement for league matches. Then again, I'm not sure if there is any precedent of internationals ruining matches in that part of the world due to the high percentage of domestic players being from Argentina (whose key players play abroad). Hence it might not be in the database.

Clarity would be nice from someone who knows a bit more.

It's the league schedule I'm guessing. I'm not sure how it works in Brazil but over in Europe, leagues don't play when international games are scheduled, so you'll still lose your players, you just won't play any games while they are on national duty. I always thought if you lost more than 3 or 4 you could postpone the fixture anyway

It's a news item - the day of the call-ups. I see it whenever 3+ players with the contract squad status of Key or First Team (possibly even Rotation) are away for any given league game. My league's FA cup game are never on international breaks but my league cup is and I often have to play these games with less than 5 professional players and a bunch of youth players.

If I remember correctly in the older versions of the game, you were given the option to ask for a postponement if there were a lot of call ups to your squad. If the game that they are called up for is a friendly, you also have the option to withdraw them. These options are/were available on the news screen concerning the call ups to the international squads.

There are options in the data to define when domestic matches are postponed due to full international matches, could be something to raise in the data thread if you can evidence how it works in real life.

Postponements are still there but they are extremely rare. Although I don't know what criteria should be met before the game offers you a postponement I can confirm that they are still a part of the game. As someone who has completed 20+ seasons in multiple saves, I have only received the offer of postponing league games due to lack of players twice or thrice at most.

If I remember correctly in the older versions of the game, you were given the option to ask for a postponement if there were a lot of call ups to your squad. If the game that they are called up for is a friendly, you also have the option to withdraw them. These options are/were available on the news screen concerning the call ups to the international squads.

Absolutely right Sir, ans it was a very useful and necessary feature, hope it will be reintroduced in future versions

I remembered some seasons when i used to play official matches every two days...

It's certainly the case in Brazil, and I think, most of South America, that the leagues run throughout the Northern Hemisphere summer. This means that Internationals, World Cup etc. are all taking place during their league season. Having played in Brazil many times over many FM versions, my advice is to check international fixtures against your league fixtures through June/July/August and ensure you have sufficient cover, because league games will not be postponed for Internationals.

Archived