[FM16] Old habits die hard - San Marino Youth Only Challenge take ∞

Makoto Nakamura

brand.gif?itok=4twcWFCk

SanGiovanni.jpg

History:

*Taken from what I think is the San Marino football site and is loosely translated from Italian*

In the early years after World War II the parish priest of St. John Sotto Le Penne, a hamlet of Borgo Maggiore, collects the boys of the country, considered to be the 10th of the Republic Castle.

Behind the church there is an uneven pitch, the pastor makes it available on the condition of these guys who are committed to make it fit for use. In the evening, instead of being at the bar all to the field to work in the light of a makeshift bulb. Meanwhile Don Fedele takes care to find the shirts, the first will be red-black, and since then have remained unchanged through the colors. In 1948, St. John was founded and with the early '50s, such as Libertas, boasts its own pitch built by the founders behind the church, a special feature is the self-sufficient management of the players, the San Giovanni is born with all players originating homonymous hamlet of Borgo Maggiore. The player who most remember is John the Baptist War, then he became President of the SAA.

The coat of arms combines as few social tradition to the imagination. Divided into 2 distinct parts, at the top are well in sight of the "Three Feathers" calling the St. John under the pen (the three peaks of Monte Titano), precisely; on the underside appears a puma standing guard at a ball. Coat of arms, too, the result of work and imagination of the founding members.

In the second half of the '50s is a business interruption it occurs that will only last a couple of seasons in fact in 1957 the St. John makes his return to the field for him no matter.

This Season's standings:

8e3e0de173483b3f39445d9e64a316c3.png

San Giovanni finished dead last with 1 win, 3 draws and 17 defeats! My aim, at least to start off is to do better than that.

In FM16:

75acd17d7bfd07e0b3bd3d02127cf331.png

..I don't know what the A-2 League is.

e38751187b4d59467be9f7a1680c13be.png

2b07cdd77e13182d9df2c47b5dcb2a27.png

886058899487fc5a02f173bda465500c.png

A rivalry with Pennarossa, completely minimal facilities and we haven't finished higher than 8th in over 20 years.

Old habits die hard. San Marino is my habit and I'm still yet to come close to conquering it but now I'm on FM16, I have a more immersive player database as well as Italy loaded down to Serie C (Thanks Jamie!) Let's finally get this started shall we?

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this alongside Jupjamies. I will take this bit out with an edit once you change it but looking at their points total in the league table mate I would say it's 17 losses and not 17 draws. I doubt you would finish last with just 3 losses.

The Starting Squad:

8e6eabe174e8364ea35439955abe3c12.png

This is what I'm welcomed with, 4 (perhaps 5) good players and 13 players aged 31 or over, one of those is our chairman who still thinks he can play despite being 44.

92d97ec62c4a853c6fc1f021f43873c9.png

He may be fit to play...but not fit for purpose.

Key Players:

cd68835db39c7354d94347abf18e7044.png

374d1b02a98ceeb62500293706997f89.png

a449d3d5547978958d7a8e3b377da833.png

9144d0736f99d2ffc7833c3be8a139f4.png

I'm excited by Riccardo with him being just 18, in fact he could probably form a very good partnership with Gabriele.

Youth Team:

Yes, we have a youth team!

f892c27c7961646aab8821589211e7a6.png

Oh. Well, at least they have potential, they shall be (YP0a) and (YP0b)

I'm so excited :D

And you just can't hide it? :D

Looking forward to this alongside Jupjamies. I will take this bit out with an edit once you change it but looking at their points total in the league table mate I would say it's 17 losses and not 17 draws. I doubt you would finish last with just 3 losses.

How on earth did I not notice that? Thanks Lewis!

Did you have to promise him that you would play him in the next 5 games?

He actually has played in 5 games this season although 3 of which he came on as a sub, the 6.55 average rating does however mean that he's the 3rd worst performing player this season.

He actually has played in 5 games this season although 3 of which he came on as a sub, the 6.55 average rating does however mean that he's the 3rd worst performing player this season.

It's the technique of 1 and concentration of 3 that alarms me haha!

Youth Intake Day!

aa3431c340428b8c7ee40f9f8f9354d5.png

21b1ea4818457912e65d4d6e15759180.png

1b1e87cc07976fe15230d54e466afff9.png

A 5* CA/ 5* PA Goalkeeper in the 1st intake! The downside is that he is purely Italian, not even a hint of being Sammarinese :(

EDIT: YP1f scored a hat-trick in the U19's vs Youth Candidates game so I feel like I should show him off as well.

4cb040a0483401759bd5cdd248dc3d8b.png

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We finished top of our group unbelievably but we lost out in the Minor Semi-Final.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Made it all the way to the final..but got thrashed by the team that finished dead last in our league group.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Edoardo Cecchetti - 7.12

Just 22 years old so he won't be retiring for a while! 7 goals and 9 assists despite a finishing of 1.

Top Goalscorer:
Andrea Renzi - 14

More than a goal every other game from the 32 year old who will probably be retiring soon.

Young Player of the Year:
Riccardo Bettini

The young defender had the 3rd highest average rating this season and helped out with getting 6 assists.

Aims for next season:

With a squad average age of 29 we're probably going to have a lot of players retire so I want the youngsters to fill the gaps as best as they can.

Other teams:

League Winners: Folgore/Falciano

Cup Winners: Virtus

How the team in CL qualifying did: Folgore/Falciano lost to Welsh side TNS 3-1 in the 1st Qualifying Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Juvenes/Dogana lost 4-1 to Azeri side Neftci, La Fiorita lost 6-0 to Maltese side Birkirkara, both in the 1st Qualifying Round.

San Marino National team:

2015 Results

A 2-1 friendly win away to Gibraltar, San Marino haven't played yet in 2016.

Omar is still definitely going to be the first choice for the foreseeable future :D

I don't blame you. How many years does it take to be a San Marinese national? That's obviously unless he becomes a full Italian international or he gets taken off you.

I don't blame you. How many years does it take to be a San Marinese national? That's obviously unless he becomes a full Italian international or he gets taken off you.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think in real life it may be 30 years?

2016/17 Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

With 10 players retiring we were going to struggle, despite struggling we made it to the Champions Playoff but lost to Virtus. Twice.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Lost 2-1 after extra time to Pennarossa in the Quarter Final.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Matteo Camillini - 7.29

Will probably be retiring at the end of the season but he's been very good getting 5 PotM awards and 4 assists.

Top Goalscorer:
Andrea Molari - 12

12 goals in 30 appearances, not amazing.

Thomas Felici

Not amazing but he did better than everyone under 22.

Aims for next season:

More of the same, we may have another couple of people retiring but hopefully we can soldier on.

Other teams:

League Winners: Folgore/Falciano

Cup Winners: Cailungo

How the team in CL qualifying did: Folgore/Falciano lost to Maltese side Valletta 6-0 in the 1st Qualifying Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Virtus lost 7-0 to Serbian side Vojvodina and Juvenes/Dogana lost 8-0 to Swiss side Young Boys, both in the 1st Qualifying Round.

2016 Results - 2017 Results

A 0-0 draw against UAE could be the high point but they did very well losing just 1-0 at home to the Czech Republic.

2017/18 Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

CHAMPIONS!!! We lost 7 league games yet somehow finish with us qualifying for the Champions League!!

Coppa Titano:

Coppa Titano

Schedule

Finished bottom of our group yet scored more than any other team and conceded more than any other team.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Nicolas Brilli - 7.39

A good season from Nicolas who's now hitting his peak.

Top Goalscorer:
Alvaro Musta/Andrea Molari - 8

8 goals each isn't good, but we won the league so what do I know.

David Lonfernini (YP1f)

Started playing him towards the end of the season and got 7 goals in just 9 appearances!

Aims for next season:

Champions again? :D

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: Juvenes/Dogana

How the team in CL qualifying did: Folgore/Falciano lost to Armenian side Shirak 6-0 in the 1st Qualifying Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Cailungo lost 6-0 to Cypriot side Omonoia and La Fiorita lost 5-0 to Polish side Lech, both in the 1st Qualifying Round.

2017 Results - 2018 Results

A big 4-0 win against Chinese Taipei.

You never know, I could see you upsetting Shirak. Unbelievable work to win the league so quickly!

I couldn't believe it! 34 points is the lowest amount of points needed to top the groups so far and I'm amazed that we held on in the playoffs.

Gotta love a league where you can beat the same team in both the Semi Final and the Final!

Hard lines in Champions League...just keep thinking of D:Ream and know things can only get better.

Gotta love a league where you can beat the same team in both the Semi Final and the Final!

Hard lines in Champions League...just keep thinking of D:Ream and know things can only get better.

They were hard times but I was expecting it to be fair, I don't think we'll be getting past the 1st qualifying round for quite some time yet and okay I will do ;)

Am I the only person who loves the Chairman for still wanting to play?

"I've got 1 good year left in me!".

No. No you haven't.

He must have felt the same with being a chairman as 1 year after retiring from playing he was no longer the Chairman either! :D

I'm not sure how, it's not in any of the training things.

It is but your training facilities won't be very good so you are limited in what you can train. For example at Lille I can train everything due to my facilities.

54f4dac95ce5723e9f55ab21b0d8d496.png

It is but your training facilities won't be very good so you are limited in what you can train. For example at Lille I can train everything due to my facilities.

I'm an idiot fairplay, I only looked under technical even though it's clearly under physical *facepalm*

2018/19 Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We had an amazing 2/3rds of a season but when it came to crunch time we blew it with 1 win in 6 and then lost both games in the Champions Playoff.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

We qualify for the Europa League :D

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Riccardo Bettini - 7.36

7 assists and 5 PotM awards for the young defender who's one of the best players on the team.

Top Goalscorer:

Andrea Molari - 11

It's better than 8, but it's still not great. (Immense rhymes as well)

Giacomo Sarti (YP3a)

The first of our youth graduates to be capped and was capped against Bulgaria, was also ever-present in the squad with 30 appearances and 7 assists as well as a 7.23 average rating.

Aims for next season:

Not capitulate.

Other teams:

League Winners: Domagnano

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Armenian side Shirak 7-3 in the 1st Qualifying Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Pennarossa lost 10-0 to Cypriot side APOEL in the 1st Qualifying Round.

2018 Results - 2019 Results

Did the double against Andorra and got a point away to Moldova :D

Archived