[FM16] Oooh, Minsk!

uncle ron

Oooh, Minsk!

After ditching my last save, I've taken a different approach.

I've not managed in Eastern Europe for many years in FM, after loading all leagues in Eastern Europe plus the top two in England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Portgual and Holland, the random club generator sends me first to Dinamo Minsk. ps there are no edits.

History

190px-Din_minsk.png

FC Dinamo Minsk (Belarusian: ФК Дынама Мiнск, FK Dynama Minsk; Russian: ФК Динамо Минск) is a professional football club based in the Belarusian capital city of Minsk. It was founded in 1927 as part of the Soviet Dinamo Sports Society, and was the only club from the Byelorussian SSR that competed in the Soviet Top League, playing 39 of the 54 seasons, and winning the title in 1982. Since the independence of Belarus the club participates in the Belarusian Premier League, having won 7 league titles and 3 Belarusian Cups. The last league title came in 2004. Dinamo plays its home games in the 16,500 capacity Traktor Stadium.

Objective

After 10 seasons of the Belarusian title being won from a side outside of the capital, including BATE Borisov winning for the previous nine successive seasons, the no.1 objective remains to halt the dominance of BATE. Their continual success of BATE and appearances in the CHampions League means they are a real force to be reckoned with. Our primary objective must be to secure the title on a consistent basis and attract the top Belarusian youth players to Dinamo.

2015 Season Preview

The game start date is June 2015, by which time the division has already played ten rounds with Dinamo four points behind BATE.

Expectations are rightly high to win the league, as well as an emphasis on the cups.

The League (played in the calendar year and over the summer months) comprises 14 sides with two rounds of matches against each side, making 26 games and a maximum points target of 78.

Currently, the title winner qualifies for the Champions League qualifiers, the next two sides join the Europa League qualifiers.

One relegation place is available to the second tier.

The key squad rule is that there must be no more than five foreign players in the first XI. Foreign players can apply for residency in Belarus after three years.

The League is ranked as the 21st strongest division in Europe by reputation.

2015.06%20Comps.png

Dinamo Minsk - 2015 Season - Belarusian Premier League

As I expected, there wasn't much to separate us and BATE throughout the season.

We became outright leaders of the division for the first and only time under my management with two games remaining, to lead BATE after they drew two successive games.

Then we blew the title with a limp 0-1 defeat by ****sk at home and BATE won their final two games. BATE also played first in an early kick-off on matchday 26 so we knew we had lost the title before walking out onto the pitch for a meaningless game.

Earlier in the campaign, our European travels took us to Cork City in the Europa League 2Q Rnd - winning 2-1 on aggregate, then we lost 5-2 on aggregate vs Zorya of Ukraine.

2015%20Final%20Table.png

2015%20Final%20Graph.png

2015%20Season%20Review.png

2015%20Season%20Review%202.png

Monthly updates will follow for 2016 and beyond...

Not using EEE then Ron?

I did want to, but not this time around as I think I've played the English leagues way too much over the years. Plus with the limited game time, I've a chance to focus on the progression in European comps.

You finished a point off BATE. How do the media think that qualifies as 'needing to perform better'?

Good job so far.

Thanks.

Given their dominance over recent years I totally agree with you that finishing just behind them we massive progress. Interestingly, for the 2016 seasons the expectations have lowered, now instead of being expected to win the title I'm tasked with challenging for the title.

Dinamo Minsk - 2016 Season Preview - Belarusian Premier League

Competition Reputation in Europe - 19th (+2) [1st - La Liga]

Title Odds - 3/1 [Favourites - BATE evens]

Board Expectations - 'Around Top of League'

Transfer Budget - £977,000

Wage Budget - £59,540 per week

TV Rights - £74,910

Balance - £1,042,910

The League is expanded from 14 to 16 teams for the 2016 season, so there are now two relegation places to the second tier. The extra four league games are going to cause real fixture congestion in June to August when I'd want to be concentrating on progression in Europe...

European qualification remains as 2015 with the title winners qualifying for the Champions League Second Qualifying Phase and those finishing 2nd and 3rd entering the Europa League First Qualifying Round.

2016.02%20Fixtures.png

2016.02%20Preview.png

• 3 weeks later...

Dinamo Minsk - 2016 Season - Belarusian Premier League - February & March 2016

A busy pre-season sees ten players arrive for £368k. Of those, six are Belarusian, generally squad players that are purchased to bolster the quality of the home-grown ranks given the foreign player restrictions.

Pre-season was purposely without a major test as we strolled to be unbeaten.

The final rounds of the Kubak Belarusi Cup are scheduled for Spring. In the QF we beat holders Shakhter Sologorsk 3-1 before thumping city rivals Minsk 5-0 in the SF. Surprisingly BATE were beaten by recently promoted Dnepr Mogilev in the other SF, to met us in the final on 22nd May.

Dinamo start the league campaign with a convincing victory against Gomel 5-0, which was a perfect start seeing they inflicted my first league defeat back in August.

2016.03%20Results.png

Dinamo Minsk - 2016 Season - Belarusian Premier League - April & May 2016

Our unbeaten start to 2016 continues in all competitions, which meant we won the Kubak Belarusi :D

The final was a complete 4-0 outclassing of Dnepr Mogilev, who I can't believe drew 0-0 with us back on 2nd April. The final could've been a seven or eight goal hammering, but given we had a match in a few days we took our foot of the pedal.

The league form remains great, exempt the usual winless game vs ****sk, which is becoming a rivalry in my mind.

In this two-team league for the title, it is BATE who have dropped the early points and lost a game, but three points difference is nothing.

2016.05%20Results.png

2016.05%20Table.png

2016.05%20Cup%20Final.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dinamo Minsk - 2016 Season - Belarusian Premier League - June & July 2016

After the cup success in May I'm awarded the manager of the month and a two-year contract extension until December 2018.

Our unbeaten run continues, currently 26 games in all competitions since November, including a 1-1 draw with rivals BATE and we even beat ****sk.

Our European adventures start in the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round. I'm surprised as anyone with a 7-1 win at AGF playing counter-attacking football to win 9-2 on agg. Next up we've played Norwegian side Valerenga, runners up in the Tippeligaen, and are more than a match. Hopefully we can keep the run going...

2016.07%20Results.png

2016.07%20Table.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dinamo Minsk - 2016 Season - Belarusian Premier League - August & September 2016

After a surprise 3-1 win at Valerenga to make the Europa League Play Off, I decided to prioritise making the Group Stage.

Unfortunately, with a weakened team before the Play Off 1st leg at FC Kobenhavn we suffered first defeat of the season to city rivals Minsk - meaning our 29 game run in all comps stretching back to November 2015 was gone. Fortunately after a 2-2 draw in Denmark we held onto a narrow 1-0 win at home to make the Groups - where we'll face Inter, Partizan and Legia.

League form has continued to be indifferent. We also lose our game in hand over BATE so we have a narrow 1 point lead.

As we've still to play BATE and Minsk (4 points behind) have played us both, I've a sneaking suspicion they'll win the league if we draw the derby.

2016.09%20Results_1.png

2016.09%20Table.png

Great result against Inter. Your club were my feeder team in my twenty-odd year Norwegian saveand I've been tempted to take them on a few times but not got round to it. Good luck with this.

Back on 13, when clubs from Belarus signed Russian players, they didn't count as foreigners. Is that still the case now?

Great result against Inter. Your club were my feeder team in my twenty-odd year Norwegian saveand I've been tempted to take them on a few times but not got round to it. Good luck with this.

Back on 13, when clubs from Belarus signed Russian players, they didn't count as foreigners. Is that still the case now?

Checked the league rules, but can't see any special dispensation given to Russian players - which makes sense as I can't recall many Russians playing in the league.

Dinamo Minsk - 2016 Season - Belarusian Premier League - October to December 2016

Again, like last season, the title race was just too close with BATE. After the 1-1 draw with our rivals we were 1 point ahead, but then we went 1 behind after a 3-3 draw with Naftan in the penultimate game. We were lucky to come away with anything after being 1-0 up, our star AML was given a deserved red card and we were 1-3 down at HT. Gung-ho normally doesn't work for me with 10-men, but this did and we managed to hold on the for the draw.

In the end it was BATE who threw away the title after a 2-2 draw in their final game which was played the day before us due to their Champions League commitments. We knew that a win or draw would secure the title, which we won with a 2-0 victory for Dinamo Minsk's first domestic title since 2004!

Our Europa League campaign fizzled out as we finished bottom of the group, but I couldn't care less. Looking forward to Champions League football next season...

2016.12%20Results.png

2016.12%20Table.png

2016.12%20Table%20Progress.png

Archived