Estonian name pool.

So, I was playing with an Estonian database and the problem is that most regens who come through have Russian names or either first or last name is Russian. I want to make clear I don't actually have problem with Russians and their names but rather that being Estonian myself it makes me feel like I'm managing in a foreign league. It doesn't feel realistic either.

I know that Estonian stuff isn't even in the base game but I can't edit the name pool on editor or on any other game files. I guess it's tied to language thing and there's no way to change it myself, rather annoying. So, since I can't change it myself I don't think the right place for this thread is editors subforum.

I've come up with a bit of solution. Removing slavic origin names from Estonian language name pool and Russian minority here could then get their in game representatives, guess it's the right word, from that Language side of things. Estonian names should be a majority. I would create a list of names myself if that is what it takes.

I totally get that Estonia has a huge Russian minority which is almost quarter of Estonias population but I think that adding Russian names to Estonian name pool might offend some Estonians. It doesn't offend me directly but it makes me feel like Estonia isn't really Estonia but rather some east slavic country, which it isn't.

It's possible it happens in other countries in the game aswell.

You can't edit the name pool because there's no such thing specifically. What you can do is add a number of players with the names that you want to have. Give them tiny CA/PA values (unless you want them to be factors in the database). Then any new players generated should use these names you've created I believe. It's a long process, but it should give you what you want.

You can't edit the name pool because there's no such thing specifically. What you can do is add a number of players with the names that you want to have. Give them tiny CA/PA values (unless you want them to be factors in the database). Then any new players generated should use these names you've created I believe. It's a long process, but it should give you what you want.

Thats why I posted it here, SI can change it for FM17. I can't play in my home country when players have mostly foreign names. You don't see German players coming through with Turkish names mostly or mixture of both. The language is hardcoded. I created a new one with same settings. It gave some other names that weren't in the original language.

I'd maybe visit the Estonian data issues thread (although I couldn't see one, so it might be worth contacting Gripper), see if its something that they can help address. If not then it might be worth logging it as a bug afterwards, depending on what they say.

Archived