Can't be England manager

Season is 2019/2020, March 2020 and I'm managing Southampton.

Basically I want to manage England right but Gary Monk is the manager and has been since 2016. Since then his England side have gone on to be unrealistically (by England's standards) successful and win the Euros and reach the final of the WC. I want to be the England manager but ever since Monk got the job there has been no club or other international jobs with him being linked to. I was wondering if there is ANY chance he'll get sacked or approached by another team as other international managers in my save seem to come and go but he stays?

Cheers

If he continues to do well why would the FA get rid or him? Should he fail to qualify for a tournament or reach the knock-out rounds then he'll probably get sacked or if he continues to be a success he might be approached by a big enough league club to resign from the England job.

If he keeps doing well, it's unlikely. He'll need to either retire or get another job. Retiring seems to be the usual route in FM16. International Football is cyclical though - you can be doing great, then a bad tournament, and get sacked. Happens quite often after World Cups/Euros

would it be ok for you to just create new manager and appoint him as england boss???

It would be ok if not alittle bit of a cheat. But he's then not guaranteed to get the job anyway.

Wait it out and he might leave after a tournament

Archived