Question: Any way to change the "Free Transfer" badge graphic?

FoolInjection

Just curiously wondering.

When you look at the Transfer History at a club and it lists a player as a Free Transfer in the "From" column where the club would be. Does anyone know what ID that badge/logo is? I was wondering if it could be changed in the same way as the other club badges.

The logo to change in that directory is the 0 in the @2x folder. graphics\pictures\logos\small\default\@2x

I found that by replacing this with the logo of your choice it should herald a result like in the picture below. I found 40x40 works the best. Keeps all the words in a nice line.

BTW, I am using the excellent Button logos pack from FMSlovakia.

freetransferlogo_zpsq4b7vzrb.png

I would suggest differing resolutions is yielding slightly different guidance here although it's reassuring we're in the same area (for my small resolution computer) in graphics\pictures\logos\small\default '0' is very much the relevant graphic (25x18)

I would lean towards my advice if you are also playing on a small resolution computer, if your's is higher res. then gav's may be more appropriate (reading between the lines it sounds like that's higher res. guidance but tbh there's nothing stopping you from trying both locations)

P.S. What are you doing letting Rashford go for free?! Ha

My res is 1920x1080 on full screen but it was trial and error to get all the logos and words in a straight column,

I'm not managing United, its the AI up to their usual tricks, although Rashford was an unknown when the game was released last year. He's currently playing at League 2 Crawley Town. :lol:

The logo to change in that directory is the 0 in the @2x folder. graphics\pictures\logos\small\default\@2x

I found that by replacing this with the logo of your choice it should herald a result like in the picture below. I found 40x40 works the best. Keeps all the words in a nice line.

BTW, I am using the excellent Button logos pack from FMSlovakia.

freetransferlogo_zpsq4b7vzrb.png

This up for D/L gav? Will save me reinstalling the archiver. :)

This up for D/L gav? Will save me reinstalling the archiver. :)

*DOWNLOAD*

0_zpsbflwtxi5.png

This download adds a Free Transfer FMSK Button style logo to all your free transfers in the Transfer History screen. See post #6 for screenshot.

Installation Instructions:

Step 1:

Extract contents of Logo.zip folder to this location:

Win Vista/7/10: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skin\SKINNAME\graphics\pictures

Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skin\SKINNAME\graphics\pictures

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2016/skin/SKINNAME/graphics/pictures

Create the folder "pictures" if it doesn't exist.

Start up FM, preferences, clear cache, reload skin.

Please note:

All that has changed are two 0 files. @2x (50x36) and default (25x18).

I have kept the sizes that come as default in the original folders but depending on what resolution you use during FM, you may have to adjust the size if you wish to get them all in a nice straight column, as seen in the piccie in post #6.

This can be acheived by using any image program.

Any questions feel free to ask and I will do what I can to help. :thup:

For more of these excellent button style logos head over to FMSlovakia.com.

Archived