1000 Premier League Goals??

Not sure if this has ever been achieved before, but having played my Leeds career on FM2012 (on and off for almost five years and counting!!) I have a player who has the possibility of reaching 1000 English Premier League goals before his career ends; making Alan Shearer's record look minuscule by comparison.

Introducing Alejando Veron, currently 37 and gradually wilting, this Argentine hero is currently on 927 Premier League goals.

2ynjvjb.jpg

2yjzgc0.jpg

With 'regens' being supremely overpowered, he became available at the right time, as I was able to create a team of brilliant regens for cheap prices, whilst other Premier League clubs continued with the games original players. As a result my Leeds team ran riot in the late 2010's + early 2020's. As rivals began to incorporate more regens into their own squads his rates slowed somewhat, however with the addition of a solid parter up front he has had a resurgence in form in his latter years.

Being manager of Argentina, I was able to drop him once he reached 255 international goals, knowing that any more would reset the counter for international goals. If this wasn't 'a thing' he possibly could have got to 300 international goals.

He currently has 1497 career goals for Leeds, bringing his career total to 1652 with international goals.

Having been fascinated by the 'Danny Roberts' challenge back in the glory days of Football Manager, I've always been committed to finishing his career despite the slowness of my machine and the time-constraints of real life! Has anyone ever managed 1000 topflight goals in England?

I will dedicate more time to attempting this feat, whilst the 2000 career goal challenge is still a slim possibility if he plays for another 4-5 years.

Being manager of Argentina, I was able to drop him once he reached 255 international goals, knowing that any more would reset the counter for international goals. If this wasn't 'a thing' he possibly could have got to 300 international goals.

I've never even heard of that! :eek:

Congrats on the goals. :thup:

I knew that people had scored 1,000+ but I had reason to do a search recently and it turns out that some had scored LOTS more than 1,000 career goals , (I really can't remember but I think it was 2,500+ on 2 different occasions).

• 4 weeks later...

The first known instance of a player getting 1000+ goals in the Premier League is Danny Roberts. The Danny Roberts Challenge is named in his honour. Veron is eligible so I encourage you to submit him.

The truly stunning feats of goalscoring have been achieved by players in the Northern Irish league. Paul Wallace led the way, scoring 1,073 goals for Knockbreda. When he retired, he was replaced by Andrew Smylie, a genuinely world-class player who scored 3,145 goals.

Even Smylie's staggering total isn't the best on record - that goes to Paul Spence of East Belfast.

Archived