France - Euro 2016

Baptista_8

I don't quite get the love in over the France squad. It's good. And home advantage means they can certainly win it but I've found people have been going a bit overboard. I think Germany and Spain are stronger.

Feel like Spain are being underrated. They have a lot of faults but so do France and Germany. They're about equal I'd say, not one of those years with a real strong contender like Spain.

Feel like Spain are being underrated. They have a lot of faults but so do France and Germany. They're about equal I'd say, not one of those years with a real strong contender like Spain.

Spain only underrated for me because of Del Bosque. Despite what he has achieved with them in the past, I feel he's holding them back and their squad should be walking to the final but can see them crashing out way before then.

France just have such a solid core, so if they can keep the clean sheets coming in someone like Griezemann has the ability to produce something out of nothing to win games.

Really fancy France to be honest. Germany and Belgium both going into it with some pretty inexperienced defenders once you look past the initial starting elevens and never sure whether Spain are going to turn up nowadays.

Plus the draw is pretty well weighted in France's favour if they win their group. Not only do they get a third placed team in R16, they also get the winner out of two runners-up in the QF. So they should be able to get right to the last four without having to play another group winner.

I don't quite get the love in over the France squad. It's good. And home advantage means they can certainly win it but I've found people have been going a bit overboard. I think Germany and Spain are stronger.

Agree with this. They're better than in recent years, where people just seemed to have them down because they're France. Divinity put it best in another thread - a lot of these players are going to have to give great tournaments.

its the draw that favours France more than their squad being stronger than others

Mathieu now out of their squad :D. Umtiti called in his place.

they've now lost Varane, Laporte, Zouma and Mathieu. Basically down to their second choice central defenders + Koscielny (Sakho may get called back in, but he's rubbish)

Archived