[FM 2016] Ultimate Legends Database - Project

Rodry

Hi everyone,

Over the years, we have all seen a few database with a few legendary players but none would eventually be either complete, or maintained. Most of these databases failed due to lack of resources/time. I'm here to suggest we should stick together, gather a team and take on this challenge!

Back in 2014, I was working on a Legends database that initially was released as a beta version and included only two leagues (Portuguese 1st league and the English 1st division), which was a great success. The initial idea was to develop this and include not only the main 5 leagues in Europe (England (22 teams), Spain (16 teams), Italy (16 teams), Germany (16 teams) and Portugal (18 teams), but also all the most successful sides in the world. This would go back as far as 1880 and it would include over 6000 players (in average, all teams would have a 30 players squad, so they can sell/buy players in the first season) while we were also adding the best managers and chairmans respectively, and the best referees ever. This means you would have Worldcups with the likes of Pele, Eusebio, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Yashin, and more recent players like Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo Fenomeno, and obviously C.Ronaldo, Messi. We thought it would be fair if the player would be on the squad with the age they joined the respective club and the contract length would depend on how many years he stayed on the club. We had a fair load of work done, as we have all the squads in txt files and we went through a careful investigation to literally replicate the reality as much as possible (i.e. players movements, long range shots, staying back all the time...)

Unfortunately, the lack of spare time didn't allow me to develop it any further so we went as far as a finished version of the Portuguese 1st league and the English 1st league, and we have half of the Spanish and the Italian 1st league done. Please find a few screenshots that I put together at the time, below.

2a6vwwj.jpg

(Video of Eusebio's goal)

bJOVm5Q.png

Portugal_Grunge_Flag_t0_1920x1200.png

Untitled_1.png

image.png

Untitled_1.png

[youtubehd]7grkLSJNluQ[/youtubehd]

Example of a first eleven used by Fergie in Man Utd:

osjd6dpytzejph3fg.jpg

Manchester United H | A | T

manchester_united_home_220.pngUmbro_1_40_220.pngManchester_United_third_220.png

Liverpool 86/87 | 04/05

sJeLQM2.pngqt0oLEp.pngJHPOFNB.png

Chelsea FC

H | A | T

chelsea_home_220.pngchelsea_away_220.pngchelsea_third_220.png

Everton 89 | 91

PtlcKoZ.pngPo4SY37.png

I just think this idea has the potential to bring a lot of fun to the community, it will teach them Football History, it will be really balanced as there are a number of teams that literally ruled to world for a while, you will find each team a different challenge, specially on Champions League where you will find teams like Man Utd (Schmeichel, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Duncan Edwards, Giggs, Cantona), Real Madrid (Di Stefano, Ricardo Zamora, Redondo, Puskas, Zidane, C. Ronaldo), Barcelona (Ronaldinho, Messi, Kubala, Guardiola, Koeman), AC Milan (Van Basten, Baresi, Gullit, Kaka, Maldini), Bayern Munich (Matthaus, Beckenbauer, Sepp Maier) and I can go on and on and on! And that it will put all the national heroes together for the Eurocup or Worldcup (Messi, Maradona, Redondo, Passarela, Batistuta for Argentina; Pele, Ronaldinho, Jairzinho, Ronaldo, Zico, R. Carlos, Garrincha for Brazil; Eusebio, Luis Figo, Rui Costa, Paulo Sousa, R. Carvalho for Portugal; Matthaus, Beckenbauer, Maier for Germany).

I would really love to see people coming forward, looking to help, I am obviously available for suggestions and to change this ideas to match all the expectations however I am pretty sure I can't finish this on my own as I do not have the same spare time I used to. If we get a decent team together, we can keep the work going and commit in finishing a truly Legends database and eventually maintaining it every year - please note this is mostly a once off job in terms of adding players, all the updates and changing ages etc every year wont as bad! I am not too worried about the fancy face packs or kits, but I am concerned on the Editor level as there is a good bit that needs to be done in regards to adding players and changing/adding competitions (including competitions that are extinct). I would suggest we could start this aiming at FM 2017 rather than rushing it into 2016.

I am looking forward to hear from you! :D

Best regards,

Rodry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived