Striker Role and Duty Question

What would be the role and duty for the typical tall, huge striker that stays in between the opposition center-backs (like Mandzukic or Llorente); but that doesn't attract long balls like a Target Man? Would it be Complete Forward on attack? At first I thought of Advanced Forward, but apparently that is for quick, small strikers, not for the tall stikers that stick to the center backs fixing them to place.

But doesn't the deep lying forward "lie deep" as the name suggests?

With an Attack duty, he will start deep, but make aggressive runs forward.

You're basically looking for any Attack duty role, but without Moves Into Channels, so that he stays central.

the only attack duty without moves into channels is a poacher.

defensive forward on support will press the cb's and most likely do what you want, underrated role i think.

deeplying forward on support will stay more central but will drop deep to link up play.

try the defensive forward on support watch him in games and see what you think.

What would be the role and duty for the typical tall, huge striker that stays in between the opposition center-backs (like Mandzukic or Llorente); but that doesn't attract long balls like a Target Man? Would it be Complete Forward on attack? At first I thought of Advanced Forward, but apparently that is for quick, small strikers, not for the tall stikers that stick to the center backs fixing them to place.

The Poacher role works well as a "target man" who isn't expected to be involved in build-up play. DLF-A moves into channels by default and often has roaming invisibly active, so it's probably not what you want.

Archived