FM16 - Ebbsfleet help!

t3z3u

Hi,

I just bought FM 2016. I didn't play the game since CM era and I need some help, please!

I choose Ebbsfleet due to the fact that I wanted a low league team but not such a crap team. Ebbs are favourite to promotion, so I had to manage the team with some care, not to struggle. I need some help I this respect, so I have some questions and after your answers maybe also other questions.

1. I observed that the pitch doesn't has the maximum dimmensions, only 105/62 or something (I prefer a bigger pitch, but this is it). So, due to the fact that the pitch si smaller, what tactics is indicated on such a pitch and what kind of players, having in view that my team is in such a lower league?

2. I have some money (about 100K) to spend, which is good for that league. Do you know 1-3 players who I could buy and accept to come in Vanarama South/North?

3. I already read the thread regarding the players for low leagues, but some of them ask me for too much money. How do you proceed with the negotiations? How it is better to negotiate with the players/coaches and so on? I'm at the begining and I need to add new players and it is not time for scouting.

4. I don't have any scout in my team. I need to recruit a Chief Scout and a Scout but when I check the market, I don't find anything or they are too good for my league. Do you have some recommendations in this respect, where to find two scouts for my team?

5. The training settings seems so...complicated. I looked to some videos but...I found some files with training schedules but I don't know how to import them or where to copy the files in my game's folder. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ebbs for the Champions League!

hey there, good luck in your ebbsfleet save.

1- Dont try to be too difficult in the starting staged, the lower leagues you can easily win with a simple 4-4-2. focus on physicals for the main stats. u really dont need stats in the technical department higher than 10-12 for tht league.

2- It really depends on what positions you need, if you have a young squad maybe bring in some experience, if its experience u have go for youth. try utilise the loan marker, go to your parent club or find one and pick from there,

3- negotiating depends on how badly u want or need a player. if u feel he is the one u need to make your team better be stern but have some wiggle room. i always give myself a limit and work around it. offer as many add ons as u can such as goals for defenders etc. also part time contracts are a god send. use them and the free transfer market.

4- again same as players, u dont need amaizng scouts. simple scouts with 10s in cpa and jpa will suffice

5- if u find it difficult, get your asst manager to do it for you. otherwise concentrate on fitness alot thats what i do in the lower leagues

hope this helps.

good luck

Thanks for your answers.

Which is the best option in respect of the players contracts? I am in 29th of July and I received a message saying that a lot of contracts will expire in twelve months. Some of the contracts were concluded after I took the team, so I don't understand. It is better to conclude the contracts for two years and not for only one year?

The second day after taking over Ebbs, I received a message saying that ~all my players contract are about to expire (The game is starting from 1st of July and their contracts are expiring on the 30th of June next year.) Which is the best strategy here? If I don't prolong the contracts, the players could conclude other contracts and I will loose them when the next season begin. If I want to prolong their contracts, they are asking for an increase in salary. I don't know what to do. Any suggestion, please?

The second day after taking over Ebbs, I received a message saying that ~all my players contract are about to expire (The game is starting from 1st of July and their contracts are expiring on the 30th of June next year.) Which is the best strategy here? If I don't prolong the contracts, the players could conclude other contracts and I will loose them when the next season begin. If I want to prolong their contracts, they are asking for an increase in salary. I don't know what to do. Any suggestion, please?

Try and get them to budge on their wage demands - I find at that level after a bit of negotiating, they will often accept a new contract on their existing wage or only marginally higher. If you can't afford the wages, reallocate some of that £100k transfer budget into your wage budget. Try and do this before the end of 2015 as players with contracts expiring can sign deals with other clubs in the new year.

Thanks for your answers! If I wait, there is no risk to loose them? :)

The season began and I have two wins: 5-0(h) and 4-2(a). Next is St. Albain or something. In pre-season I lost one game to Aberdeen with 2-0, winning all other games with huge differences but weaker teams.

Ebbs team is ok for Vananarama South, I added few more players (free but very good!) in order to have back-up, plus two loans from Peterborough (parent club).

In respect of tactics, from my observations, in such a lower divisions about all central defenders have low pace. It is better if you play without "offside" orders, it is not the case to risk.

What I didn't do is to enter in a micromanagement orders for every player and this is my next step in order to understand better the game.

I have to win the Conference in order to not be sacked! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips. This is what I did. Anyway, Ebbs is far better team for that division. I'm one game before receiving the message that I won the title/promotion (about 5/6 games before ending of the season).

Question:

After winning a game and receiving that message, the Chairman send me a message saying that they established the budget for the next season: 279K for transfers and 144k for salaries. I didn't spend any penny from the budget for my first season and an idea arise. What would happen if I reload an earlier period and make some shopping? What budget I will receive? So, I bought three players with about 30k, I played that game and won and I received again the message from the Chairman: 259k for transfers and 166k for salaries!! I don't understand why is this possible and how it is better to proceed? My first thoughts were that if my teamn is anyway so good, to not spend the transfer budget, but if you make some calculations, it seems that is better to spend at least some money before the ending of the season because you will receive a higher budget for salaries (and already few players that you bought).

Opinions and suggestions? How it is better to proceed?

Anyone?

Archived